Proposed migration to xenForo

Aug 23, 2015 at 9:21 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
A few more things I've noticed.

★Status updates/profile comments can only be 140 characters long, yet replies to these can be much longer (420 characters). I'm guessing that the 140 limit is a feature and not a bug, but if there's any way to adjust it that would be fantastic.
★Status updates can no longer be locked. Not sure if that's worth adding back, or even if it can be.
★Gallery submissions have the image at the bottom and the description at the top, and while that's weird to me it isn't a big deal. The more troublesome thing is that BBCode in the descriptions has ceased to function. Worst of all, copyright info has disappeared completely, and if it can't be added back in that's like ~250 sources that I've lost.

Aug 23, 2015 at 9:47 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I feel like the cave story modding and other games subforums are a bit messed up, and have an extra category that shouldn't be there that combines each of the other categories
diph.php

diph.php

Aug 23, 2015 at 10:11 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
BBCode no longer works on profile posts.

Aug 23, 2015 at 10:23 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
p205454-0-xwyjwnq.png

At a glance, the icon for unread posts looks pretty similar to the already read posts icon. This makes it difficult to tell right away if anything is updated. If it's not too much trouble, perhaps change them back to the Cave Story-themed images like back in the vB days (at least, I think they were CS-themed :koron:)? It would also be nice to be able to mark it as read by simply clicking on the icon.

Also...

p205398-1-hcfpgir.png

I prefer how the spoiler buttons worked on the old forums, that is, when they weren't inside a grey/differently colored box when expanded.
I actually like that. It used to be that way in vB as far as I remember, so when it changed in IPB I was a little disappointed. This way I find it easier to distinguish the rest of the post from the spoiler.

Aug 23, 2015 at 11:12 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Dont know if this is the right thread but how do I get a custom member title?

Aug 23, 2015 at 11:14 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Dont know if this is the right thread but how do I get a custom member title?
You still need to get a certain post count, but from what I've heard this has been lowered from ~250 to ~100.

Once you've met the requirements, I heard it is located in Personal Details.

Aug 23, 2015 at 11:57 PM
Where did the default member titles (New member, Junior member, Been here way too long) go?
Apparently, it went to member profile pages.

Aug 24, 2015 at 12:36 AM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
so I have to say that for the most part xenforo is looking pretty ugly; the square, flat color layout doesn't work well imo with most of the themes
...with one exception
diph.php
i'm serious ok

Aug 24, 2015 at 12:40 AM
I dunno, personally I like how it's styled, simple and square. Never particularly liked most rounded UI; but that's just me ^_^

Aug 24, 2015 at 12:42 AM
Been here way too long...
It's mostly because all the alignment and spacing is fucked up. Some more padding, and the removal of that border that surrounds all the posts, would help a lot.

Aug 24, 2015 at 3:06 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
There's no custom display name option anymore, so anybody who was using a different display name to their login name will be stuck with the latter for a little while.

The classic user titles have now been implemented; I don't know if you'll have to post or pass a milestone or whatnot before they'll update properly. The ability for certain users to edit their titles despite being below the required postcount appears to be occurring because they've been incorrectly transferred into the Veteran Members usergroup somehow.
:critter:

EDIT: I think I've found the post editing problem, the timer to limit editing for some usergroups has been set to 0. I've changed it back to infinite.
EDIT 2: Signature editing is now also fixed. Veteran Members really got shafted during the migration for some reason :hoppy:
EDIT 3: Media and albums and a few other things now counted properly. Now about to re-implement the infraction system as it was before the move.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2015 at 12:15 PM
Based Member
If it's not too much trouble, perhaps change [post icons] back to the Cave Story-themed images like back in the vB days (at least, I think they were CS-themed :koron:)?
I second this. This was something I missed from vBulletin.

BBCode no longer works on profile posts.
Not just on profile posts, but pretty much anywhere on my profile. All the images, hyperlinks, and quotes are now a bunch of garbled html.

Aug 24, 2015 at 1:49 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
I've set the forum icons to the IPB originals. As for the old cs themed icons from VB, from my memory they were impossible to follow. It was ages before I finally figured out what those meant and even after that I constantly needed to look up the table at the bottom of the page to know what meant what. I can use anything for the icons so long as it fits in a 36x36 pixel box and you are fine with the whole same image 'cept faded effect for the "read" icon. That said.. what would you like the icon to be?

Avatars are finally all done. After manually uploading everyone's avatars one at a time I am thoroughly sick of seeing the the exact same quote facepic over and over again.

Forum categories are fixed.

Illegible text in dropdowns fixed.

The click to expand gradient has been fixed in the dark themes.

I've increased the spacing around post content.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2015 at 2:18 PM
I've set the forum icons to the IPB originals.
Something minor; it seems the unread post icon and the read post icon have switched… =o

When I marked the forums as read, all the icons are that of unread posts.

Aug 24, 2015 at 2:36 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Icon mismatch fixed. User titles fixed.

Aug 24, 2015 at 7:51 PM
Professional Whatever
Wow the quote gradient looks way better now.
And I can edit!

Aug 25, 2015 at 12:16 AM
Based Member
I can use anything for the icons so long as it fits in a 36x36 pixel box and you are fine with the whole same image 'cept faded effect for the "read" icon. That said.. what would you like the icon to be?
So you're saying that it uses just one icon and does its own fading effect, and that you can't easily tell it to have separate images for different states of read/unread/locked/etc.? If that's so, I guess I'm fine with the default IP Board icon.

In any case, here are a few other things:
-It would be nice to have a "mark forum as read" button in a forum.
-The "Post new thread" button for "Cave Story ARGGH MY EYES!" has yet to be changed to that button with Toroko in the bubble.
-Any chance of bringing back the multi-quote feature and making the delete and edit buttons like they were before?
-I feel as if having the username and date of a post printed yet again at the bottom of a post is redundant.
-Any chance of also printing the time where the date is written at the top of a post, regardless of how long ago it was?

Aug 25, 2015 at 12:58 AM
War criminal
So I just found this out, that we are unable to edit the titles for our threads, which could be frustrating for some, considering there are threads for CS mods, contests, and other stuff that get updated.