Proposed migration to xenForo

Aug 23, 2015 at 6:30 PM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
---
Also it seems like only mods are able to edit posts

That is an extremely huge issue, especially for new mods. And my music challenge!

Also (forgot to add this, can't edit previous post) I cannot find the "Edit Signature" option ANYWHERE.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 23, 2015 at 6:42 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
That is an extremely huge issue, especially for new mods. And my music challenge!
But if the user was a new mod, then they'd be able to edit their post?

Aug 23, 2015 at 6:46 PM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
i think he meant cave story mods
so you can update the post with new versions and all

Aug 23, 2015 at 6:50 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Huh, well, I'm able to edit my posts just fine =o

EDIT~ And I'm able to edit my signature, so I'm not sure what the problem is for others then.

Aug 23, 2015 at 6:52 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
The forums now letting people know about new posts being made while replying is pretty neat.

Aug 23, 2015 at 6:53 PM
War criminal
Raus, tell us your secrets on how you did it.

Aug 23, 2015 at 6:54 PM
Double post because only Quote Post appears for me (no Edit Post =/ ).
Huh, well, I'm able to edit my posts just fine =o

EDIT~ And I'm able to edit my signature, so I'm not sure what the problem is for others then.
I can edit my signature, though I'm unable to edit my posts for some reason…

Hovering over one's username at the top shows a pop-up menu where one can edit one's signature.

Aug 23, 2015 at 7:00 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Wow, it's really funky seeing the forums I've been a part of for more than two years like this. Again, I already have experience with XenForo thanks to the Puzzle and Dragons forums, so I have that going for me at least! A few notes.

★My old password worked, and I'm certainly not as old a member as GIR. Not sure what's causing some people to have to reset their password, but it could be related to the avatar disappearances since I also kept my old one.
★There doesn't seem to be a desktop button, so I'm stuck in the mobile version for now. This isn't a bad thing, since the mobile version of XenForo is pretty well designed, but I think I'd like to use the desktop one and I can't seem to request it using Safari's weird thing either. Granted, I haven't looked through settings yet - I'll do that after this post because oh no I'm getting emails about replies to threads D:
★As others have mentioned, some of the text is unreadable on most any theme, probably due to compatibility issues?
★Today is my upload day, so I'll tell you if I see any weirdness regarding the Gallery.

All that said, most things seem to be in order. Nice job, Andwhy! ^_^

Aug 23, 2015 at 7:01 PM
...Magic! c:

*ahem*

Editing posts is next to the report and delete buttons on the opposite side of where the quote buttons are in the post. (The left side to be exact)

Kim has already said how to edit signatures but I'll say it again: Go click/hover on/over your name at the top to bring up the profile menu thingy, and one of them says signature.

★There doesn't seem to be a desktop button, so I'm stuck in the mobile version for now. This isn't a bad thing, since the mobile version of XenForo is pretty well designed, but I think I'd like to use the desktop one and I can't seem to request it using Safari's weird thing either. Granted, I haven't looked through settings yet - I'll do that after this post because oh no I'm getting emails about replies to threads D:
I mentioned this twice, but have at you again!:

It's something called dynamic CSS, where it will dynamically change the width and the content shown based off of the display width.

As such, there is no way to make it not show the "mobile site". The closest thing is to make your mobile device go into landscape mode and see if that'll make your screen wide enough to show the "desktop site".

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 23, 2015 at 7:09 PM
War criminal
I don't think I have either of those options. :(
p205430-0-e7b2f5i.png
p205430-1-dp6dr8u.png

Aug 23, 2015 at 7:11 PM
A few things:
  • It appears as though all the members' About Me sections have been converted into HTML.
  • As mentioned by Polaris, some text on many pages is unreadable depending on the theme; the Postings tab of one's profile page is one example (the text is in a greyish color, at least on Cave Story Dark)
Editing posts is next to the report and delete buttons on the opposite side of where the quote buttons are in the post. (The left side to be exact)
p205431-0-1230815200709.png

Still doesn't appear for me =(
Could it be that only certain members can edit their posts and/or edit their signatures? =o

Aug 23, 2015 at 7:15 PM
Okay, I admit, I have magical hacky powers...
Please don't convert me into a muffin :<

EDIT~ On a more serious point, I have absolutely no idea.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2015 at 7:19 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I mentioned this twice, but have at you again!:

It's something called dynamic CSS, where it will dynamically change the width and the content shown based off of the display width.

As such, there is no way to make it not show the "mobile site". The closest thing is to make your mobile device go into landscape mode and see if that'll make your screen wide enough to show the "desktop site".
I didn't know about dynamic CSS, though I have noticed that it will conform to the width of your screen.

However, XenForo totally supports a desktop mode, or at least one can be added - the Puzzle and Dragons forums has one and it does about what you'd expect.

Aug 23, 2015 at 7:40 PM
I don't know how many others had this happen, but it seems my username has reverted back to how it was when I joined...

Aug 23, 2015 at 7:43 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Apparently, something weird happend to the avatars including something about the resolution.

Aug 23, 2015 at 8:01 PM
Veteran Member
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Last edited:
Aug 23, 2015 at 8:33 PM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Aug 23, 2015 at 8:42 PM
Offensive User
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Single most useful feature that I've found so far:
p205446-0-d1npmlc.png

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2015 at 9:02 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"