Projectile - Homing Flame and Enemy?

Jun 7, 2008 at 11:04 AM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Projectile - Homing Flame (0189)
No flags: Only hurts you once if you touch it, but after that, it won't hurt you anymore no matter how many times you touch it
Flag 0x1000: Hurts you if you touch it
Flag 0x100: Does not hurt you at all

Enemy (Hopping, disappears) (0315)
It could be Ma Pignon, because it is the only one that fits I think. And the jumping habits are also similiar to Ma Pignon. Eh, just a thought.

Jun 11, 2008 at 8:22 AM
Source Splicer, 2nd Class
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Nice discoveries! I tried them out and found that the flame's one time damage thing when no flags are set doesn't seem to work on my end. It just keeps damaging me...

Those flames look oddly familiar, too... I wonder why?

The temporary enemy is, in fact, one of the 'Dopplegangers' that dropped in whenever Ma Pignon jumped up through the ceiling. Maybe Pixel had originally intended that Ma Pignon would 'divide' at the start of the boss battle?

Jun 12, 2008 at 3:19 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Bad Beholder said:
The temporary enemy is, in fact, one of the 'Dopplegangers' that dropped in whenever Ma Pignon jumped up through the ceiling. Maybe Pixel had originally intended that Ma Pignon would 'divide' at the start of the boss battle?
They're probably already created as separate entities when Ma P jumps up and summons them, thus they would need their own entity code.

Jun 12, 2008 at 9:53 AM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
I tried them out and found that the flame's one time damage thing when no flags are set doesn't seem to work on my end. It just keeps damaging me...
I think my exe is screwed up or something, Horizontal triggers move as though the follow player command has been set. D: