Problem when playing

Mar 31, 2013 at 11:35 PM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
My English is a little bad so I had to resort to the translator.
Long ago I completed the game on another computer, which was quite inefficient but the game ran great, it had Windows XP.
Now I run into the problem of playing time later, but this time the speed of the dialogue as much as the character is slow is slow. On this occasion use Windows 7, it's probably a configuration issue (If so tell me what to do), just remember that Windows XP is not required at configure anything.

Mar 31, 2013 at 11:53 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Make sure your video drivers are up to date...
It might be a video card issue, if you have a pretty good CPU.

If you still have problems, you can try compatibility mode :
Right-click Doukutsu.exe or a shortcut -> Properties -> Compatiblity -> Run this program in compatbility mode for : Windows XP

Also, you could try : Run in 640x480, Disable Visual Themes, Disable Desktop Compostition, Disable High DPI Scaling

If that doesn't work, you could try :
Alt + Ctrl + Del, and open Task Manager -> Processes -> Doukutsu.exe -> Right click, Set Priority : High
Also : IF That doesn't work, and you have a multi-core processor; you could try : Set Affinity : CPU 0 and CPU 1 only

IF none of that works O_O ...
You could try downloading Cheat Engine : www.cheatengine.org
Install and run that, and choose Open Process : Doukutsu.exe, then : Enable Speedhack and adjust that as needed...

EDIT:

I am running Windows 7 64-bit, and it works fine! I have an ATI Radeon HD 7450, and Intel i7-3770.

Mar 31, 2013 at 11:54 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
I don't know if you know this already but you can speed up text by holding down z/x or you can speed it up even faster by pressing z and x repeatedly. If you have been doing this and the text is still moving slow then I don't know, sorry, but I hope this helps.

Also, welcome to the forums! :mahin:

EDIT: Never mind what I say, didn't see X-Calibar's more informative post, follow his instructions disregard mine.