Private Mars Colony Project [%100 Real I swear]

Dec 29, 2013 at 4:35 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Respect to the people who have the guts to go there.

As for me, I would never have the guts to do something like this.

Besides, I have more importanting things to do, like posting this post!

Dec 30, 2013 at 4:46 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Go where? Mars? That's obviously not going to happen.

Dec 30, 2013 at 3:15 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Judging that only @ the colonization of America, 50-74% of men died until the first spring came (only 32 survived from 120 colonies) , it is possible that man would underestimate nature again. Many of those who survived only did thanks to indian help, but this time there will be no help from the natives. They need to plan this misison very carefully...

Dec 31, 2013 at 4:16 AM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
Some will adapt to change, others will die horribly and natural selection will show its ugly head once more

Dec 31, 2013 at 5:02 AM
You can't adapt to not eating food.

Dec 31, 2013 at 9:42 PM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
Dunc2403 said:
Or not having air.
Well...technically you could adapt to breathing carbon dioxide or small amounts or argon and make it

p177268-0-480pxpia16460marsatmospheregases20121102.png

That, or go with a reeeeeeeeaallllllly small amount of oxygen.

Dec 31, 2013 at 10:43 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
dude people can't breathe argon i'm sorry

Jan 1, 2014 at 1:01 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Nothing in nature can survive without oxygen, as far as i know.
Even if oxygen would supposingly be present on Mars, it would still be a hopeless effort colonizing it with these people working behind the project. Nothing will come of it, i'm sure.

Jan 1, 2014 at 2:03 AM
Its dark in here
we could adapt to eat dirt... or we could bring plants with us to turn the carbon dioxide into oxygen and eat the plants

Jan 1, 2014 at 2:05 AM
I really don't think you understand how adaption works. Or what we're actually talking about.

Jan 3, 2014 at 1:51 AM
Pirate Member
Also wouldn't it make more sense to just send some extremophiles (or however you spell it) and see how they do? Or maybe this had already been done in the 60s, I don't know, fight me irl.

Jan 3, 2014 at 4:22 AM
Because the technology to prevent death from thirst, starvation, suffocation, and/or radiation poisoning on (or en route to) Mars won't exist for a few decades.

Jan 3, 2014 at 10:47 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
tbh I sort of hope you're wrong because the involved interests appear to be very serious about this and having it end in disaster would result in a feeling of profound sorrow and loss spreading throughout pretty much the entire world

Or maybe I'm overestimating how much publicity the funders want or how much people will actually care idk

Jan 3, 2014 at 5:05 PM
Its dark in here
Captain Fabulous said:
I really don't think you understand how adaption works. Or what we're actually talking about.
I ment it as a joke

Jan 5, 2014 at 10:22 PM
Pirate Member
Captain Fabulous said:
Because the technology to prevent death from thirst, starvation, suffocation, and/or radiation poisoning on (or en route to) Mars won't exist for a few decades.
Umm, what is your point exactly?

I'm talking about sending organisms that don't need that type of technology since they can survive in very extreme conditions.

http://www.weirdwarp.com/2010/07/extremophiles-on-other-celestial-bodies/
http://www.nps.gov/grsm/forteachers/classrooms/lp-ncms-tardigrade-wrapup1.htm

Jan 6, 2014 at 2:45 AM
I thought you meant people that like extreme conditions. Since we're searching for Martian microbes, putting terrestrial life on Mars and letting it roam free would be contamination.

Jan 8, 2014 at 12:12 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
I recall reading that they do intend to create structures which would be used for crops and things, and to make it sustainable.
In regards to the people chosen: You guys are correct, Mars One didn't require special qualifications, but I beleive they did this because wanted as many applications as they could get (you had to pay to apply); chances are they will pick at least some applicants for having useful qualifications.
As for it being a hoax: I honestly am not sure what to say to that. It seems like somebody would have figured it out by now, cuz to some people going to Mars is kind of a big deal.

There have been some interesting updates lately. For one thing, they didn't get nearly as many applications as they expected, but they plan to continue in spite of missing out on some funding (big surprise, not that many people were willing to live on Mars for the rest of their lives). They are currently narrowing down their selection of people.

Fun fact: part of the application asked people to describe their sense of humor.

Jan 8, 2014 at 1:23 AM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Well yes; it takes - what, 30 years to get to Mars from Earth? You'd be stuck with the same people for all that time. People need to be able to stay sane in the same ship or they'll just get mad and tear each other apart. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

(Hopefully they'll make it on to Mars as well...)

Jan 8, 2014 at 2:17 AM
Pirate Member
Captain Fabulous said:
Since we're searching for Martian microbes, putting terrestrial life on Mars and letting it roam free would be contamination.
Fuck it brah let's just send some life over there. Playing God has always benefitted humanity.