Post your PxTone creations!

Oct 13, 2016 at 4:01 PM
Pxtone Discord Admin
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
The soundtrack I made using PxTone for Angler, which is a game created in nine days for GBJam5.
This is really cool stuff. I love the atmosphere you create with all the delay (on the first two tunes especially), it feels very full. Cool drum sounds too, are those TetraPulse drums? I'm pretty familiar with the Pepofont drums and I don't think I recognize these.
That detuning (I think?) at the end of the game over tune is also a really cool effect, reminds me of the music from Fez.

Thanks for all your feedback, too.

Oct 16, 2016 at 6:44 AM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
This is really cool stuff. I love the atmosphere you create with all the delay (on the first two tunes especially), it feels very full. Cool drum sounds too, are those TetraPulse drums? I'm pretty familiar with the Pepofont drums and I don't think I recognize these.
That detuning (I think?) at the end of the game over tune is also a really cool effect, reminds me of the music from Fez.

Thanks for all your feedback, too.
Oh hey, thanks back. :D The drums are indeed TetraPulse drums. I generally prefer them over the Pepofont ones.

Since I have (or had) your attention, you did mention something earlier about creating a Discord for PxTone users. I know there haven't been many who responded, but if you're ever still considering, I'd definitely be interested in that.

Oct 16, 2016 at 8:31 PM
Pxtone Discord Admin
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Since I have (or had) your attention, you did mention something earlier about creating a Discord for PxTone users. I know there haven't been many who responded, but if you're ever still considering, I'd definitely be interested in that.
I'll let you know if anything develops. I've been thinking about posting in some other places to gauge interest but I'm not sure where the best place to do that would be. I'll probably put something on chipmusic.org, and maybe make a post on the main music board here, but if you've got any better ideas I'm all ears.

EDIT: The discord server is up now, if anyone's looking for it here.

https://discord.gg/2uQjHu8

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2016 at 12:27 AM
Beakface
I released the soundtrack to Spellbound, a game made in 72 hours for Ludum Dare 37. The music was done in PxTone. Check out the game as well, too! ;)

p356683-0-110432shot31481679010.png

Dec 16, 2016 at 3:41 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
I'm liking Water Skimmer, great work!

Jan 18, 2017 at 4:52 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Sep 30, 2019 at 8:34 PM
Beakface
I thought I'd share a couple of MusicWeeklies entries I've done in PxTone recently (and by recently, I mean they're like, one year apart haha)

^ Rolled Down Windows

^ To the Top!

Jun 3, 2020 at 9:07 AM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Well I'm going to resurrect this thread from the dead to post some stuff I've made recently! Critique welcome!

Two covers:

An original:

Jun 9, 2020 at 4:12 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
It's dead because most of us use ptweb.me now. Good songs tho

Jun 9, 2020 at 6:13 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
But what if, one were to put their ptweb link in this thread? It's a win-win for the OP, and a double win for ptweb.