Post your PxTone creations!

May 1, 2016 at 5:30 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Here's my very first Pxtone song! I just made it today. Feedback is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Starting Up.zip
    261.1 KB · Views: 9
May 1, 2016 at 11:25 AM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Here's my very first Pxtone song! I just made it today. Feedback is greatly appreciated.
This is cute. Really nice work for a first. What sounds did you use?

The percussion is nice, but I felt like it needed a deeper bass drum (the current one starts to get a little too headache inducing for me after listening to it for a while). Also the part where the chords kick in, something is making it sound dissonant but I can't quite pick out exactly what notes they are.

May 1, 2016 at 3:23 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
This is cute. Really nice work for a first. What sounds did you use?

The percussion is nice, but I felt like it needed a deeper bass drum (the current one starts to get a little too headache inducing for me after listening to it for a while). Also the part where the chords kick in, something is making it sound dissonant but I can't quite pick out exactly what notes they are.

Thanks for the advice! I found out what was causing the dissonance. It turns out one of the chord notes was forming some unsavory chords with the lead harmony. Here's a new version that fixes that issue for the most part and also has a better bass drum. In the folder I also have an image that shows the waves I used.

Attachments

• Starting Up-Fixed.zip
    349 KB · Views: 1
May 26, 2016 at 9:40 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
I made Megalovania from Mother CogDis

as my first pxtone track, I think it sounds awesome, but that's just me. It was made with several fonts, mostly pepofont.

Jun 11, 2016 at 4:13 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I downloaded a bunch of Sega Megadrive samples this past week, and I whipped up this one lazy Tuesday evening. It's a bit repetitive, but I could care less at this point.

Jun 11, 2016 at 5:30 AM
Soup Man
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
what is Pxtone. Is it better than ORGmaker? Because then I might use it.

Jun 11, 2016 at 5:52 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
what is Pxtone. Is it better than ORGmaker? Because then I might use it.

Pxtone is MUCH better than ORGmaker. It's a lot less limited in how many channels and instruments you can use and what you can do with pitch and whatnot. It has a steep learning curve and you'll have to find good and usable sample to use within the program yourself.

There should be a download link and a guide to using PxTone somwhere on the Cave Story website. If you need samples just search up Pepofont to get started. Hell, I'll even send you some PxTone-friendly samples if you want.

Jun 11, 2016 at 6:23 AM
Soup Man
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
Pxtone is MUCH better than ORGmaker. It's a lot less limited in how many channels and instruments you can use and what you can do with pitch and whatnot. It has a steep learning curve and you'll have to find good and usable sample to use within the program yourself.

There should be a download link and a guide to using PxTone somwhere on the Cave Story website. If you need samples just search up Pepofont to get started. Hell, I'll even send you some PxTone-friendly samples if you want.
Oh. I might start using it then.

Jun 12, 2016 at 5:31 AM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Oh. I might start using it then.

Hold your horses there fella, you probably want to learn to use ORGmaker first. And by use, I mean use WELL. Because it'll make the learning curve for Pxtone MUCH less steep.

Jun 25, 2016 at 3:22 AM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
(I'm making a second post because the other is from over a week and a half ago.)

I made a cover of Again by Yui, the first opening to Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. I think I'm going to get a Soundcloud and start posting some of my Pxtone stuff and ORG stuff on there.

Jun 25, 2016 at 7:22 AM
Beakface
(I'm making a second post because the other is from over a week and a half ago.)

I made a cover of Again by Yui, the first opening to Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. I think I'm going to get a Soundcloud and start posting some of my Pxtone stuff and ORG stuff on there.
That's a good idea, then you can add your stuff to the SoundCloud group.

Anywho, it sounds like a faithful enough transcription, very chill and nice use of the bends. Can't say I hear any wrong notes, but I've only just listened to the original a few minutes ago.

Jun 26, 2016 at 7:09 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
So I did this Accordion piece in PxTone for one of my characters after getting the idea on my plane ride back from Vegas. It's also my first piece in 3/4 so that's a plus. It has a bit of a Seasong-y vibe to at, as it sounds like simething a pirate would play on deck to uplift the spirits of his mates.

Jun 28, 2016 at 5:14 PM
Beakface
I've released the soundtrack to Downstage Draft, a game made for the first Kongregate game jam, which took place over the span of seven days. The music was done in PxTone using mostly ORG and TetraPulse sounds.

So I did this Accordion piece in PxTone for one of my characters after getting the idea on my plane ride back from Vegas. It's also my first piece in 3/4 so that's a plus. It has a bit of a Seasong-y vibe to at, as it sounds like simething a pirate would play on deck to uplift the spirits of his mates.
This is cute. It would be nice if those chords were a bit lighter.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2016 at 8:09 PM
Pxtone Discord Admin
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I'm trying out some of the other, lesser talked about instrument packs on that PxTone support site, so here: Lemony Sunset
I checked out a bunch of your stuff but this one is especially cool. Nice chords. Some of the detuning is pretty extreme, though, like on the edge of uncomfortable; maybe that was your intention. Which instrument pack?

This is pretty cool too, although everything seems pretty loud. Some more attention to volume mixing might benefit it.

Cool melody and arrangement, although I'd agree it's a bit repetitive. Maybe introduce some new chords or something, like a bridge section?

Don't have time to check out everything I've missed in here, but you guys are all doing some cool stuff.

Anyway, here's my stuff:

Someday I'll See You Again (ptcop)
Part of a collab album release with a group of chip-musicians I'm in. Mine was the only Pxtone entry, but the rest is very cool stuff too.

Happy Town (ptcop)
A "remix" (quotations because this is practically all original material) of that one unused sound from Undertale; made for the fangame "Codename S.I.X."

Proud as Hell (ptcop only)
Sort of a sneak peek at a larger project I'm working on right now.

Side-note: is anyone else interested in putting together a discord channel for pxtone users, where we could exchange files and give/receive feedback, answer questions about the software, etc.? I've been in similar groups for Famitracker and MML that worked out pretty well and I'd love to have a better way to connect to the Pxtone community.

Sep 3, 2016 at 2:28 AM
Beakface
I checked out a bunch of your stuff but this one is especially cool. Nice chords. Some of the detuning is pretty extreme, though, like on the edge of uncomfortable; maybe that was your intention. Which instrument pack?
Yeah, in this composition, I mainly wanted to play around with detuning as well as using sounds from the qPapers pack. I used sounds from a mix of the main ones on the PxTone site - the long chords are strings from qPapers, the bass from Kirivoice, some chiptune sounds from PEPOfont and other instruments from TetraPulse. The drums are almost all from TetraPulse.

Oct 12, 2016 at 9:56 PM
Beakface
Late reply is late. I meant to reply to this earlier I swear.

Someday I'll See You Again (ptcop)
Part of a collab album release with a group of chip-musicians I'm in. Mine was the only Pxtone entry, but the rest is very cool stuff too.
This one flows nicely, and is mixed well. I'm curious as to how you achieve that vibrato so perfectly. I've tried to do it myself in PxTone and end up being unsuccessful. I'll be sure to check the ptcop file, then.

Happy Town (ptcop)
A "remix" (quotations because this is practically all original material) of that one unused sound from Undertale; made for the fangame "Codename S.I.X."
Very cool remix; you really did a lot with a simple idea and progressed to make it interesting.

Proud as Hell (ptcop only)
Sort of a sneak peek at a larger project I'm working on right now.
This is so groovy; I love the subtleness of the background strings. You should definitely be proud of this. :p

Angler OST

The soundtrack I made using PxTone for Angler, which is a game created in nine days for GBJam5.

p355941-0-kro5umi.jpg

Last edited: