Post yer orgs!

Oct 21, 2007 at 1:45 PM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
I think an org is the format for some songs.

Oct 21, 2007 at 2:33 PM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
No, orgs work different, you can import them into Cave Story, mp3's not, don't put them into the list, they are totally different :x

Oct 21, 2007 at 3:30 PM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Ohhhs ok. :(

That was my 3rd time using the search function =X

Oct 21, 2007 at 6:34 PM
Guy with Sword
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Hehe, my voices keep telling me that... ...

...o_O bumpdate?

All right, so I've let this thread wither away, haven't I? Never fear, Xaserius the Conqueror is here!

*crickets chirp*

*ahem* So, uh... anyhow, I've finally gotten off my lazy bum and finished up a weird little .org of mine, and I figured I'd post it while I have the chance. Introducing "Dorian Grey", a weird but cool tune with a style I've never seen done as an .org. Kinda trance-ish, but oh well. I've actually started to get the hang of OrgMaker, sort of. It's no Impulse Tracker, but I'll manage somehow. :(

Speaking of which, inspiration struck me at a random moment and resulted in something magnificent... so far. So fine, I got stuck after the first few measures, but it's a really good start and the best I've done so far. I think I'll take a page out of Nator's book and share the current progress via mp3: "Freewind", my latest and somewhat-greatest "masterpiece". Check it out, and enjoy and stuff!

I'll post more when I think about it and actually finish them. Until then, commentses? :D
Is that all of Freewind? That's like, ten seconds. Although what I heard was awesome.

Did you ever polish 'Hero.org'?

Oct 22, 2007 at 12:25 AM
"Huzzah!"
Freewind is very much unfinished, but it's being worked on. Perhaps it will be a theme for my mod's "Highway" level, though it *is* the first one in the game and is sparsely populated... would the music be a bit too energetic? Thanks for the compliment anyhow!

And actually, I've messed a bit with Hero.org but haven't actually touched it in a while. I should finish tweaking it, yes, as it's one heck of a good start. I'll let you know when it's all said and done with. :(

@Doublethink: so much for your nice comments and stuff! It keeps one's "musicianship" alive, hehe. :D

Oct 22, 2007 at 11:58 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Hey, Xaser, can I use Spire as the 'theme' (title music and occasional stage music) for my mod, if I ever get around to making it?

Oct 29, 2007 at 1:57 AM
"Huzzah!"
Hehe, really? Go ahead, I say! I'm honored, really... Spire's a bit of a hack slash rip, but if it's good enough... just keep in mind that it'll show up in my mod, too, if you're worried about originality or whatnot. I look forward to seeing the mod, though. :p

No updates yet on music, but irritatingly enough, I *did* encounter one serious-ish (or at least seriously annoying) limitation regarding Sue's and the like. Apparently if you add custom music to a mod (changing the .exe) and try and edit with Sue's... *WHAM*, corruption. I'd love to make a seperate copy with the music, but seeing that some of the level data (names, am I right?) is stored within the .exe itself, I'm stuck with a little problem here, since I'd have to replace all the music *every* time I use Sue's to change something. I guess I'll have to get used to playing without it for the time being, hehe.

Oct 29, 2007 at 2:28 AM
Guy with Sword
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Just use Sue's to whatever extent you need, then change everything with the resource hacker. I got the same problem. :p

Nov 4, 2007 at 8:21 PM
Hoxtilicious
Corruption is not correct. ;) You just can't edit it because the size changed. You can still edit the data with hex editor.

Nov 5, 2007 at 12:05 AM
"Huzzah!"
Ah, thanks. A bit odd how Sue's checks for absolute values for the data then... ah well, not much I can fix on my own, besides avoiding the problem. :p

And welcome back, Garde! Good to see you decided not to disappear longer than usual (I do that sometimes... and by sometimes I mean at least once every month or so. ;P )

Nov 5, 2007 at 12:29 AM
Hoxtilicious
Thanks, btw. any new orgs? ;P

Nov 5, 2007 at 4:01 AM
"Huzzah!"
Besides Dorian Grey a few posts ago, not just yet. Soon though. ;P

Hmm... I *do* need to finish Freewind and an unfinished boss theme before the demo release, I daresay. I need to get on that... lazy me.