Poll: Dragonball Z - is it still good?

Is new Dragonball Z still as good as the oldschool?

• Yes, GT and movies after are as good as oldschool DBZ (Vegeta Frieza saga)

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Akira Toriyama should have ended the series after Frieza/Cell (Buu was horrible)

• Only Dragonball is good while DBZ and GT are bad

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Akira Toriyama is not really involved anymore except some artwork

• GT was bad, but the new movies are great

• GT was the best

• Akira Toriyama has lost his touch

• The series went down with the Buu saga

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • All (DB,DBZ,GT,movies) are equally good

• Total voters
Apr 18, 2015 at 6:31 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
This thread is for the Dragonball fans of this forum :) A topic that is popular again especially in the wake of the new Dragonball Z movies. Vote :)

Apr 18, 2015 at 6:55 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I don't see an option for "It's all right, but there can be terrible fanboys defending the series for me saying that it's all right."

Apr 18, 2015 at 7:16 PM
Been here way too long...
That's because you can say that about any entertainment media.

Apr 18, 2015 at 7:26 PM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
the DB series set a lot of trends that would be used by anime that would come later. It certainly isn't something that I would ever put in a top 10 best/worst list for anime, but I won't deny that it is indeed an anime classic that has definitely left an impact.

for the most part I think I like Dragon Ball out of the 3 series because it really wasn't meant to be taken seriously and at points can be truly hilarious both intentionally and unintentionally.

the main complaint about DBZ is its never ending dialogue, and its true. whether it be Goku coming up with a really silly way to say "I gonna beat you" or Vegeta or Frieza coming up with long ways to say "you can never defeat me, ha ha ha!" there is a lot of dialogue that was used to slow the story down so they could create more episodes for less effort. I was never able to make it to the Majin saga. in the end though DBZ was something I enjoyed as a kid. its not the best anime of all time like some say and it certainly isn't the best of it's time, but I won't go as far as to say its mediocre or bad. its kind of the anime that set the standard for average.

DBGT was trying to go back to the roots of DB with the main quest for looking for dragon balls with a awkward little kid and a winey girl... plus Trunks. Then it tried to go back to being DBZ wile still having little Goku. overall its kinda lame.

Apr 18, 2015 at 9:08 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Can't speak on other Dragonball series but has anyone tried that Dragonball Xenoverse game?
Looks interesting, but too expensive for now. (Season pass + game is like 75$!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVd-cb6m4hM

Apr 19, 2015 at 12:46 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I don't care enough to really dislike any of the movies or GT and db/dbz are pretty cool so yeah

Apr 19, 2015 at 3:22 PM
beep boop
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I saw Xenoverse at a Best Buy for $14.99, but I think it was probably someone who either stickered it wrong or someone was trying to make off with a $60 discount.
Anyways, I liked the entire series, and even though I only started watching at Z, I loved both Z and GT equally. The movies I also found to be cool. I just generaly like the whole series. Except for the mini blue cells. They entered the world in the weirdest way possible.

Apr 19, 2015 at 4:43 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
I've never watched DBZ. All of watched was the first few episodes of Classic DB.

Apr 19, 2015 at 5:28 PM
War criminal
I feel like admitting this, I remembered nothing from when I saw it as a child, I actually got the story down from playing Budokai 1 and 3 for PS2. I finally saw the anime again after mixing DBZ Kai on TV with DVDs of the remastered version when I was in high school.

Apr 19, 2015 at 11:23 PM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Is there no option for "All Dragonball Z is terrible to the point of hilarity?"