Politics

Oct 15, 2015 at 3:57 PM
Serenity now, insanity later.
"..."
are you just going to completely ignore the fact that bernie sanders exists
are you also on Time Warner's payroll
Time Warner, oh god oh god...
So yeah. At least Im not on Comcast's payroll with their net neutrality garbage!

Oct 15, 2015 at 10:22 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Time Warner, oh god oh god...
So yeah. At least Im not on Comcast's payroll with their net neutrality garbage!
Umm, isn't net neutrality a good thing?

Oct 15, 2015 at 11:39 PM
"..."
It IS a good thing. I'm saying when Comcast throttled Netflix's speeds though.....it proves we need Net Neutrality.

Edit: Oh crap i wrote "net neutrality garbage." sorry guys. I meant how they DONT support Net Neutrality to allow them to strangle internet businesses.

Oct 15, 2015 at 11:42 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
The acronym you are looking for is ISP (internet service provider). IPS (invision power services) on the other hand is the group that made the IPBoard software we used before the Xenforo switch.

Oct 16, 2015 at 2:20 AM
"..."
Oh yeah, and for gun control: *sigh* thats a tough one. I generally consider myself to lean left, but gun control is a tough topic. I DO believe that the 2nd amendment is stupid today, and was written for a time when you couldn't shoot up a school with a gun. I think that if we were to suddenly put a ban on all guns right now, it would not immediately work. The reason is because all the law-ab aiding citizens would give up their guns while the nutjobs would hold on to theirs. At FIRST, the gun crime rate would be the same, but as each violent crime happens, more and more guns are being taken away from violent people. So within a few years, most gun crimes would be gone.

Background checks on the other hand seem like a good idea. At least until you see a Tommy in a flea market for sale.

Oct 16, 2015 at 6:15 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
America is not in a "worse" shape than it was a hundred years...
Except for the fact that some extremely patriotic Americans are really narcistic about America.
I wonder if those types know they will never be 'true Americans', like they usually think.
Seeing as how America is these days, I don't really feel like it sounds like a good idea to go to America, and not just because I have a extreme fear for planes.

Oct 16, 2015 at 6:34 PM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
Except for the fact that some extremely patriotic Americans are really narcistic about America.
while I'm sure some of these people do bad things and use the name of my country in bad taste, I think its rather insulting saying someone is the cause of their country's bad side just because they are really like their country.

Oct 16, 2015 at 6:48 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
while I'm sure some of these people do bad things and use the name of my country in bad taste, I think its rather insulting saying someone is the cause of their country's bad side just because they are really like their country.
I mean the side that thinks america is the best area in the world and don't care about the rest of the world. I'm okay with the non-excegerating kind of patriots.

Oct 16, 2015 at 7:19 PM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
I mean the side that thinks america is the best area in the world and don't care about the rest of the world. I'm okay with the non-excegerating kind of patriots.
yeah, but those kinds of people are everywhere, and they've existed since civilization came to be. tbh they as a whole aren't a huge problem. individuals who use ideals as an excuse to be violent, cause panic, and/or spread misinformation are.

Oct 23, 2015 at 3:02 PM
"..."
yeah, but those kinds of people are everywhere, and they've existed since civilization came to be. tbh they as a whole aren't a huge problem. individuals who use ideals as an excuse to be violent, cause panic, and/or spread misinformation are.

Ahem...rednecks. Lots of that type where i live. I hate them. They claim to be all-american, and that owning an assault rifle is "patriotic." The same people who think obama is a muslim, and that Islam is an inherently evil religion. Also that Obama is not a citizen. Another is one that i hate more than any other: The Confederate Flag. Yes it is your heritage. But what IS your heritage? What IS southern pride? Do you really KNOW your history?

Our history is enslaving human beings. There is nothing else to sugar coat it with. We started a war in order to keep our slaves because we were scared Lincoln would abolish slavery. And despite what they tell you, the Civil War was not about state's rights. Well, it was kinda but why did the states want rights? In order to keep slaves.

After the war, there were a lot of people who said the same things as today's rednecks. Like how the South wasn;t really the bad guy, slavery wasnt as bad as people thought, etc. They are called the KKK.

And that's why i hate rednecks, with their contradicting crap and bigotry.