Polar Star & Fireball hacks [pre-made, ready to be applied]

Feb 8, 2015 at 10:30 PM
hi hi
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
So I made some basic bullet hacks for new or lazy modders. They might be totally disfunctional, but I provided a video to show you how they work.

09-02-2015 - Added BL format for Polar Star hacks.
10-02-2015 - Added two Fireball hacks.

The Polar Star

Download Doukutsu Assembler version
Download Booster's Lab version

Brief summary:
Slower Star - the bullets drop velocity each frame
Faster Star - the bullets gain velocity each frame
Gravity Star - the bullets are affected by gravity
Missing Star - the bullets fly more like Machine Gun ones
Random Star - the bullets fly randomly
Random Gravity star - the bullets fly randomly & are affected by gravity
Changing Star - the bullets change into other bullets when they should disappear
Exploding Star - level 3 bullets explode into four level 2 bullets, while level two bullets explode into four level 1 bullets. Fun.

The Fireball

Download Doukutsu Assembler version
Booster's Lab version not coming soon

Brief summary:
Reverse Fireball - behaves like the normal Fireball but with reversed gravity; doesn't react to floor anymore, but reacts to ceilings instead (this was to keep it as much similar to the original as possible)
No-Gravity Fireball - the bullets are not affected by gravity anymore. That means they just bounce around before they disappear. The bullets react to walls, floors and ceilings.

Velocifireball [another Fireball hack; idea by Goerge Bobicles]
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yft7dcclkg8fjrk/Velocifireball.txt?dl=0

Brief summary:
- Velocifireball makes the projectiles fired left or right highly dependent on your horizontal speed. If you are not moving, the projectiles are notably slower than the vanilla ones, but when you are running (or even better, boosting horizontally) the projectiles have very high velocity.

It seems like there's a limit of videos per post... that's quite disappointing.

Some of the hacks have some modifiable parameters, you'll see when you apply them.
Okay, that's all from me.

You don't have to credit me if you use those, I don't really care.

Enjoy.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2015 at 10:40 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
would you be willing to put these in BL's hackinator format to include with the editor?
or I guess I can do it idk
but can I though

Feb 8, 2015 at 10:41 PM
hi hi
Noxid said:
would you be willing to put these in BL's hackinator format to include with the editor?
or I guess I can do it idk
but can I though
I will look at it. If I understand how it works, I'll make them for your hackinator, too.

Feb 8, 2015 at 10:48 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
These look like they'll be really useful. Nice job.

p193647-0-45018billydeewilliamsclappinggi87wh.gif

Feb 8, 2015 at 10:50 PM
hi hi
Silverpaw19 said:
These look like they'll be really useful. Nice job.

p193647-0-45018billydeewilliamsclappinggi87wh.gif
Thanks...

The video should be ready in ~6-9 minutes, so you'll be able to see everything without the need to apply the hacks first.

Feb 9, 2015 at 12:09 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
The exploding star in particular is really cool. Well done! :D

Feb 9, 2015 at 1:43 AM
beep boop
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I see how the gravity star could be combined with the exploding star to make one hell of a grenade.

Feb 9, 2015 at 2:28 AM
War criminal
Those are some really cool Polar Star hacks. I can see the Random Star and the Slower Star being used in joke mods, like to mess with the player.

Feb 9, 2015 at 4:50 AM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
so can we use these along with your other weapon hacks, such as have random star bullets shoot from the machine gun?

Feb 9, 2015 at 11:58 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
The Exploding Star and Changing Star look like fun. Although an inverse Exploding Star (low level to high level) would be a better weapon. The Exploding Star as it stands would encourage you to attack closer up for greater damage, which kinda defeats the purpose of the weapon.

Also I know this is dedicated to the Polar Star and all, but.. what about a reverse gravity fireball?

Feb 9, 2015 at 12:02 PM
hi hi
andwhyisit said:
The Exploding Star and Changing Star look like fun. Although an inverse Exploding Star (low level to high level) would be a better weapon. The Exploding Star as it stands would encourage you to attack closer up for greater damage, which kinda defeats the purpose of the weapon.

Also I know this is dedicated to the Polar Star and all, but.. what about a reverse gravity fireball?
I'll try to make more Polar Star hacks, and I'll also try to make an inverse Exploding Star as well. About the Fireball, well, I planned to work on Fireball or Snake today, in the evening. Reverse gravity Fireball as well. I just didn't have enough time last night to make any more hacks.

Feb 9, 2015 at 2:37 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Random gravity star: The new hard mode

Feb 10, 2015 at 4:38 AM
Stoned Member
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Really neat hacks, I think the random one wouldn't be pointless, especially the one affected by gravity, if you wanted to make a sprinkler that you carry in your hands- it would work like the sprinklers in the Plantation. A side quest would make great use of it- where you have to water the flowers or such to get an item. Don't take my word for it- just an idea...

Feb 10, 2015 at 10:24 AM
hi hi
Update, everybody. I added two Fireball hacks. (thanks andwhyisit for the idea)
Phew, it took me some time to rewrite the entire bullet code in optimized Doukutsu Assembler format.
I'll make the hacks in Booster's Lab's format too, maybe later today...

Any suggestions on what I could analyze next?

Feb 10, 2015 at 10:28 AM
"Huzzah!"
Randolf said:
Update, everybody. I added two Fireball hacks. (thanks andwhyisit for the idea)
Phew, it took me some time to rewrite the entire bullet code in optimized Doukutsu Assembler format.
I'll make the hacks in Booster's Lab's format too, maybe later today...

Any suggestions on what I could analyze next?
Spur is pretty much impossible(I saw in another thread that it's code is crazy), so what about fireball? Maybe you could change it into a flamethrower similar to something someone else did a long time ago. ( I have some old mod that changes the fireball to act something like a whip, he/she called it firewhip.)

Feb 10, 2015 at 10:30 AM
hi hi
knuckles5577 said:
Spur is pretty much impossible(I saw in another thread that it's code is crazy), so what about fireball?
Randolf said:
I added two Fireball hacks.
E: Why do you edit your post when I reply to it

Anyway, I'm rather focusing on slightly changing the bullet's behaviour instead of giving them a totally new one (save for the Random Star family), so I'm not making any excessive hacks like that yet. I might make some greater hacks, but after I finish those "slight edits".

Feb 10, 2015 at 10:42 AM
"Huzzah!"
Randolf said:
E: Why do you edit your post when I reply to it
Didn't know you replied yet. Sorry, it's a habit. I seem to do that alot.
Randolf said:
Anyway, I'm rather focusing on slightly changing the bullet's behaviour instead of giving them a totally new one (save for the Random Star family), so I'm not making any excessive hacks like that yet. I might make some greater hacks, but after I finish those "slight edits".
I understand. Get the simpler stuff done first.