Pokemon Willpower Blue (Firered hack) (sprites/help needed)

Old topic!
The last post in this thread is over 60 days old. Posting in this thread will be considered a bump, so please make an attempt to be courteous if you go ahead with it.

If the last post is over 6 months old, it may instead be a better idea to start a new topic. If you aren't sure about what to do, feel free to ask a staff member for help, or try to locate a 'general questions'-type thread if it exists in this (sub-)forum.
Nov 30, 2011 at 9:50 PM
Junior Member
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Join Date: Nov 13, 2011
Location: Blar.
Posts: 42
Age: 23
Basically, It's another generic pokemon firered hack. Only with new music. and a new story line about the mafia using the power of top percentage ratattas to destroy all. Soon, However, the power spirals out of control, and the world begins to become covered in darkness. In order to stop this, you must defeat none other than Joey, and his top percentage team of rattata.



Also, you get a shiny gardevoir as a starter and your rival gets a pikachu as a starter.

But anyways, If someone creates the right sized overworld and battle sprites, I'll include you in it. Also, Can someone get me a 64x64 balrog sprite? I'm including him in it as a hidden legendary. And now for questions: Firstly, no matter what I do, nothing changes the stairs to my room. I can't get back up the stairs after going down them. Also, does anyone know how always to skip the pokemon intro with a specific name? And does anyone know how to make a starter always shiny and female? right now, the only thing I can do is just recolor the regular sprite. And my last question: Does anyone PLEASE know a trainer editor that works with fr/lg? Meaning the pokemon, not the sprite. Pictures will be soon to be posted once I get a bit more work done.
 
Nov 30, 2011 at 9:59 PM
Member Title
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Join Date: Mar 9, 2011
Location:
Posts: 629
You're asking for help on a Pokemon hack. On a Cave Story forums.
 
Nov 30, 2011 at 10:02 PM
Junior Member
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Join Date: Nov 13, 2011
Location: Blar.
Posts: 42
Age: 23
Cave Story said:
You're asking for help on a Pokemon hack. On a Cave Story forums.
Actually, I know a few good spriters/hackers here. It doesn't kill to ask.

Besides, I'm too lazy to join pokecommunity. :droll:
 
Nov 30, 2011 at 10:04 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Join Date: Aug 28, 2009
Location: The Purple Zone
Posts: 6000
It's fair game. We have this whole "Other games modding and development stuff" forum, why not use it?

The fact that none of us have any actual experience in this field is a concern, but if you can prove competence then maybe we could create something as beautiful as this
 
Nov 30, 2011 at 10:08 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Join Date: Jan 4, 2008
Location: Lingerie, but also, like, fancy curtains
Posts: 3054
Cave Story said:
You're asking for help on a Pokemon hack. On a Cave Story forums.
Don't be a fool. This section was, as noxid sorta said, created for the express purpose of talking about not-cavestory things. Specifically, developing/hacking other games.

This thread is perfectly justified.


@OP I'm going to give the same advice I always give about everything, which is make sure you know what you're getting into. Try to do something small before something absolutely massive.
 
Nov 30, 2011 at 10:11 PM
Junior Member
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Join Date: Nov 13, 2011
Location: Blar.
Posts: 42
Age: 23
Noxid said:
It's fair game. We have this whole "Other games modding and development stuff" forum, why not use it?

The fact that none of us have any actual experience in this field is a concern, but if you can prove competence then maybe we could create something as beautiful as this
Looks like a very manly game, judging by the screenshot.

Lace said:
Don't be a fool. This section was, as noxid sorta said, created for the express purpose of talking about not-cavestory things. Specifically, developing/hacking other games.

This thread is perfectly justified.


@OP I'm going to give the same advice I always give about everything, which is make sure you know what you're getting into. Try to do something small before something absolutely massive.
I know what I'm getting myself into, and I WILL make it as epic as possible for my first-time hack.
 
Nov 30, 2011 at 10:13 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Join Date: Aug 28, 2009
Location: The Purple Zone
Posts: 6000
HuzzahToasterSoapBarTime said:
and I WILL make it as epic as possible for my first-time hack.
That's kind of like, the exact thing he said to not try to do?
Seriously, I can sort-of speak from experience and say that it's good advice.
 
Nov 30, 2011 at 10:15 PM
Junior Member
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Join Date: Nov 13, 2011
Location: Blar.
Posts: 42
Age: 23
Noxid said:
That's kind of like, the exact thing he said to not try to do?
Seriously, I can sort-of speak from experience and say that it's good advice.
By that, I mean I'll do my best. >_> and it isn't my first hack ever, just my first pokemon one.
 
Dec 1, 2011 at 2:19 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Join Date: Apr 19, 2009
Location:
Posts: 3788
Age: 14
CommanderJersey said:
I got that game for christmas one year >_<
What
It's a rom hack. You download it from shady websites.
Whoever gave you Pokemon Quartz clearly hates you.
 
Dec 1, 2011 at 2:57 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Join Date: Jan 4, 2008
Location: Lingerie, but also, like, fancy curtains
Posts: 3054
I would love getting that as a present fab!
How could such a beautiful gift be given with malintent?
 
Dec 1, 2011 at 3:24 AM
Junior Member
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Join Date: Nov 13, 2011
Location: Blar.
Posts: 42
Age: 23
Lace said:
I would love getting that as a present fab!
How could such a beautiful gift be given with malintent?
You need these:
 
Dec 1, 2011 at 3:43 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Join Date: Jan 4, 2008
Location: Lingerie, but also, like, fancy curtains
Posts: 3054
I don't want to be crazy!
I am so happy with sanity!
 
Dec 1, 2011 at 4:15 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Join Date: Jul 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 6176
Age: 35
Look up elitemap, it's a pretty cool set of tools for hacking 3rd gen pokemon games. I am pretty sure it would have the trainer editor you are after.
 
Dec 1, 2011 at 5:20 AM
Junior Member
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Join Date: Nov 13, 2011
Location: Blar.
Posts: 42
Age: 23
andwhyisit said:
Look up elitemap, it's a pretty cool set of tools for hacking 3rd gen pokemon games. I am pretty sure it would have the trainer editor you are after.
THANK YOU.

 
Top