Plus Porter (1.1.0.1)

Aug 11, 2015 at 10:33 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Hey everyone. This whole project kind of got sidelined these past couple months since I was super busy. I've decided that there isn't really much left to do for Plus Porter, so I'll consider this a completed project. I was going to make a video tutorial, but it looks like there hasn't been a huge demand for that, so I don't think there's a huge loss in not making one.

Plus Porter still isn't perfect, but I think I've tied up pretty many loose ends. Feel free to send a bug report my way if you're having trouble, I may or may not decide to fix it and release a new version. I did actually make a couple tweaks before I got real busy, so I'll give you guys one last version with those changes. You can either download it from the original post, or here: Plus Porter v1.1.0.1

Changes in this new version:
-Fixed the glitch where having a map list loaded would cause some unnecessary GUI components to pop up when adding a credit image.
-Removed the "enable debug" feature from the preferences window since I won't be vigilantly acting on bug reports anymore.

Thanks, everyone, for all the support you've shown this project of mine, especially those of you who've supported me as early as October 2013. It's been fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 12, 2015 at 8:33 PM
Based Member
duncathan said:
>two weeks
Haha, yeah...

I like to try to justify that original estimation with the fact that this program ended up growing into something bigger than I originally imagined, but there's no denying that this experience gave me a bit more of a perspective on overly optimistic deadlines.

Sep 4, 2016 at 10:03 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Hayden, Is there a way to port cave story mods into The steam version of Cave Story +?

Sep 5, 2016 at 3:41 AM
Forever 12
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Hayden, Is there a way to port cave story mods into The steam version of Cave Story +?

Literally in the first post of the thread, bro.

(If what you meant was if it'd work with the steam release of CS+, as far as I'm aware it works properly.)

Sep 5, 2016 at 4:09 AM
But i tried and the plus porter didn't find it. Can tou help me?

Sep 5, 2016 at 5:39 AM
Based Member
When you selected "Open CS+ Directory...", did you select the EXE in the installation of Cave Story+ on Steam? If so, did you get any errors? I might be able to assess your problem if you tell me what kind of error you got. People have reported this working with the Steam version, so I'm not sure where the issue would lie.

Sep 5, 2016 at 3:14 PM
Well, no errors, but the cave story + directory did not appear. And i want to port mods into the steam version of cave story.
Can you make it work?

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2016 at 7:25 PM
"Huzzah!"
The Cave Story+ directory for the Steam version is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Cave Story+
Navigate there and select the executable you see there when you want to set the CS+ location in Plus Porter

Sep 7, 2016 at 11:09 PM
What is executable?

Sep 8, 2016 at 4:07 AM
Based Member
The Cave Story+ executable (.exe file) should be the file "CS+.exe" in the folder that F_Deity_Link referred you to. Just so we're clear, are you selecting "File"->"Open CS+ Directory...", and having a window pop up asking you to browse to a directory? That's kind of an important step.

Sep 8, 2016 at 1:57 PM
I'll Link a video, because there is 2 problems.

Jul 27, 2017 at 11:55 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I am trying to port Cave Story 2 to CS+ and I have no idea what I am doing. Any help?

Jul 28, 2017 at 12:04 AM
Based Member
I am trying to port Cave Story 2 to CS+ and I have no idea what I am doing. Any help?
By that, I will assume that you mean you're not sure how to install the port of Cave Story 2.

Before I tell you how to install it, first I want you to go to "Help" -> "View readme" in Plus Porter, and see if you're able to follow the instructions under the "SETTING UP" and "APPLYING PORTS" headings. If that doesn't help, then here's what you do:
To use Plus Porter, you first want to go to File -> Open CS+ Directory, and browse to your Cave Story+ installation. To apply a port that has already been made, go to "File" -> "Open port...", browse to the folder of the port you wish to open, and click "Open." After the port has been loaded, go to "File" -> "Apply port", and a window will open up listing all mods currently installed in that game of CS+, and the order in which they'll be listed in the challenge menu (with the one at the top appearing on the main menu). You are able to arrange the mods in whatever order you want the challenge menu to list them, and then click the "Apply port!" button to apply the port to your Cave Story+ installation. Exit out of plus porter, and you'll now be able to experience the mod in Cave Story+.

I apologize for how confusing it is to use Plus Porter, it's become apparent to me that I should make a tutorial on this, I'll try to get around to this eventually.

Jul 28, 2017 at 12:06 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Wow I didn't expect a reply that fast, but thanks for the help.

Jul 28, 2017 at 12:12 AM
Based Member
Jul 28, 2017 at 12:16 AM
Based Member
Great! Glad you got it working. And I hope you enjoy the mod, I really put a lot of work into it.