Placement of Running Hell

Feb 12, 2014 at 8:16 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Alright, I know it's really because it's just a game and they needed a final level to connect to the final boss, but the layout of Running Hell doesn't make sense.

What I mean is that Jenka pretty obviously sealed Ballos beneath the Statue Chamber, a Chamber that can just be walked into. Now she clearly blocked off the way to get to Ballos' area, but it's plain, at least to me, to see that it's a simple drop from where you enter the door.

Now when YOU go to Ballos, you drop down a hole from the Prefab House that just happened to open up into an area that twisted and turned in such a way that you come to a Heavy Press that smashes its way into Ballos' section.

So...how did that happen? Was it all just one big coincidence? Was it Ballos' magic worming its way through the island and crafting an escape route? Did Jenka plan a whole big elaborate system that no one would ever find to get to where Ballos is?

Feb 12, 2014 at 8:22 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Yes

Feb 12, 2014 at 9:46 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Either of the last two could be correct, really! Ballos desperately wanted to die, so if two robots have a good chance of killing him, why not give them the chance by arranging things to make a path? Either the island kills him(?) or the robots kill him, anyway, might as well give a chance for the island to survive.

...makes me wonder how much control over himself and his magic he has, anyway. Also, how insane and evil is he? Hm. This is actually a rather fuzzy region. Oh, well.

Feb 12, 2014 at 10:37 PM
War criminal
He probably has to change his formes so he can control his magic better, though I don't know how bouncing his head and using spike balls as tank treads count as magic, or else using more magic in his normal forme will explode, taking the island with him.

Feb 13, 2014 at 1:48 AM
Been here way too long...
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
It is a video game and is arranged as a level to entertain the player.

Feb 13, 2014 at 2:26 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
To put it simply, Hell is irrelevant. Jenka wasn't trying to keep people out, she was trying to keep Ballos in. The Seal Chamber does this job. While there may be a possibility of Hell being related to Ballos, it would have nothing to do with his imprisonment. And quite frankly my theory is that the Hell run was about saving Curly on Quote's part, and heading to the Balcony to find Quote on Curly's part.

Feb 13, 2014 at 4:31 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
I always thought there was a big empty space right outside Seal Chamber which Jenka turned into the hellish Sacred Grounds so Ballos has less chances of escaping and/or so no one can go to Ballos to misuse his power.