PiyoPiyo Player Transcriptions

May 21, 2018 at 9:29 PM
Piyo Piyo Discord Admin
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I've been working on it for a while, and now it's finally done (I hope).
I've started doing these transcripts since I read some members threads asking PiyoPiyo .pmd files to be rewritten to .org or another format. I found it interesting, so I decided to remake them.
Here the result:

In the download of Org transcripts, I also left some betas while I remaking if you want to compare.

In Ptcop, I also recorded all the waves that were in the pmds and their decays.

In Ogg, there is also a folder where I put the intros and loops into one, and I made it loop without needing two of them. In less words, the loop may work in certain programs like RPG Maker.

I'm sorry if the download file was huge. Ogg and Ptcop weigh a lot ... :oops:

May 21, 2018 at 10:02 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Ooh, this is pretty interesting! I've only done one song from .pmd format to .org, as they're a bit hard to recreate, I can really see the effort put into those in your project!

May 22, 2018 at 3:45 AM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I must say, this is quite a lot of effort you've put forth into transcribing all of these songs. They all sound pretty good, although I might comment that none of the ones I listened to tried to mimic the echoing effect of the notes from PiyoPiyo player. Granted, if you weren't trying to mimic that effect, then that's fine that you just transcribed the notes directly. And of course, if you were trying to do that, then transcribing each track would be about 5 times more time-consuming, so the fact that you've done all these songs is pretty impressive. In the case of Ikachan, though, the song itself sounds quite different without the echoing effect. GIR and myself both made our own org transcriptions of Ikachan some time ago, and we had our own techniques for replicating the echoing effect of the notes.

May 22, 2018 at 5:17 PM
Piyo Piyo Discord Admin
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I must say, this is quite a lot of effort you've put forth into transcribing all of these songs. They all sound pretty good, although I might comment that none of the ones I listened to tried to mimic the echoing effect of the notes from PiyoPiyo player. Granted, if you weren't trying to mimic that effect, then that's fine that you just transcribed the notes directly. And of course, if you were trying to do that, then transcribing each track would be about 5 times more time-consuming, so the fact that you've done all these songs is pretty impressive. In the case of Ikachan, though, the song itself sounds quite different without the echoing effect. GIR and myself both made our own org transcriptions of Ikachan some time ago, and we had our own techniques for replicating the echoing effect of the notes.
Yes, I fully agree. I've also tried to reapply the decaying effects of pmds, but that's what makes the task even harder. One of those songs that would make it harder for me to remake its decays is the End of Sorrow (悲 し み の 果 て). I tried to make the echoes, which justifies having two of it alike, but does not seem as faithful as the original. Maybe I'll see if I can remake in the Pxtone.