Physical release?

Oct 24, 2016 at 10:41 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
I have one, I don't mind.

Oct 25, 2016 at 5:49 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I know this isn't really related to the vinyl copies of the soundtrack, but this does involve physical copies of the soundtrack.

I burned myself a copy of the soundtrack onto a blank CD, but I didn't have a cover to put into the jewel case, so I decided to make my own (even though there was already one out there. I mainly made my own because my track list didn't match that one). I made it for a CD case, but I'm sure this would also work well with a vinyl sleeve or whatever they're called.

Here's the result. It could use some work, but I like it. Hope you guys do too.
Front
http://pummelator.x10.mx/home/pummelat/public_html/img/cavestorycd/cavestory_cover_bypummelator.png
Back (This was intentionally left blank so you could put your own information in with your choice of image editing software)
http://pummelator.x10.mx/home/pummelat/public_html/img/cavestorycd/cavestory_back_bypummelator.png
Inside Left/First Page
http://pummelator.x10.mx/home/pumme...storycd/cavestory_innerpage1_bypummelator.png
Inside Right/Second Page
http://pummelator.x10.mx/home/pumme...storycd/cavestory_innerpage2_bypummelator.png

(I don't know why they showed up as just links instead of the actual pictures)

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2016 at 9:22 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
4 of the vinyls have been delivered to the post office.

zxin, rixis19, Raghav and EnlightenedOne.. your vinyl records are at the mercy of the mailman.

Post pictures when you get them so that my anxiety about the whole shipping/delivery process can end.

Oct 30, 2016 at 11:47 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
BLink's was sent out yesterday. Still waiting on Kase377 to get back to me.

Nov 5, 2016 at 5:27 AM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Thanks so much for being a beast and using your own funds to invest in something for the fans of a slowly-dying game.

Got my record today. The wrapping on both the box and the record itself was maybe a tad bit much, but I understand the uncertain need of caution with something like this. It looks and feels good, though I'll have to actually play it another time when it isn't late at night in a household.

On mobile, so I'll post the picture of the package tomorrow when I have something to edit out the personal details. EDIT: Have pics:
diph.php
diph.php

That was a cool custom shipping label you made.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2016 at 4:31 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Glad you guys like 'em, I've been giving the turntable a bit of a workout myself with my own copy.

using your own funds to invest in something for the fans of a slowly-dying game.
*shrug* I've been doing that for years now. Those hosting costs don't pay themselves.

The wrapping on both the box and the record itself was maybe a tad bit much, but I understand the uncertain need of caution with something like this.
Given that I had no backup plan for if anything went wrong during transit, I felt that an overabundance of caution was necessary.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2016 at 2:53 PM
Based Member
I've really enjoyed following this thread and seeing this whole situation transpire. Would anyone who participated in this be willing to post a video of their turntable playing their copy of the vinyl record? I think the rest of us would like to see/hear it in action.

Nov 13, 2016 at 3:21 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Hi, sorry I never said my thanks. I really appreciate getting this vinyl, the description that EnlightenedOne gave about how it was packaged was pretty accurate haha. The only thing i think that happened during the transit of mine was that there was a sizable dent made in the box, I think the vinyl was okay though. I'm actually getting my new record player on my birthday, (i.e. November 19th) so I'm looking forward to playing this! I guess I could put together some sort of video for the occasion as well, again thank you anywhyisit for putting this together.

EDIT: Well in 2 more hours in my time will be the day, I got a pretty good record player, I'll be putting together a video of the record playing at some point probably tomorrow night or Sunday.

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2016 at 8:43 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I've really enjoyed following this thread and seeing this whole situation transpire. Would anyone who participated in this be willing to post a video of their turntable playing their copy of the vinyl record? I think the rest of us would like to see/hear it in action.

Hey Hayden, I'll record me playing my copy and post it on Youtube sometime this week, Rixis did you ever record yourself playing it?

andwhyisit, thank you again for the record. I know this is two months overdue, but the record sounds amazing and I love it. Thank you so much again.

Feb 1, 2017 at 9:15 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Wait, there was an order done for a Cave Story vinyl? Ugh I would have been suuuuuper interested.

Feb 1, 2017 at 11:55 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
I still have 2 copies. I ordered 2 extras in case someone wanted one after the initial order, and someone did, but someone later dropped out from the initial order as well, so I still have 2. It is around $23US with shipping added on top. Note that this is on a reimbursal basis. $23US is effectively what each one cost after the first.

As far as shipping is concerned if you live in the US then the shipping has consistently been $12US thus far. If elsewhere then I will have to calculate it manually. The reason it costs so much is because I live in Australia and shipping halfway around the world costs money. Again you only need to reimburse me for what I pay in shipping and naught else.

Many people who have expressed interest in the spare vinyls have balked at the price, so I am going to be as upfront as I can be about it.

Feb 1, 2017 at 11:59 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Eh? That's not bad. I live in Canada. How would I PM you?

Thanks!

Feb 2, 2017 at 5:11 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
I'm pretty sure that there is no restriction to receiving PMs or responding to PM convos, it just applies to starting PMs.

@Microtic: I sent you a PM.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2017 at 9:51 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I'm pretty sure that there is no restriction to receiving PMs or responding to PM convos, it just applies to starting PMs.

@Microtic: I sent you a PM.
Ah, could you PM me also then? I didn't know this forum existed until I saw a post about this vinyl single elsewhere! I'm curious to several things, including whether you have any copies left. But regardless I'd like to ask you about this release. Please let me know. Thanks!