Peposoft Games

Apr 30, 2012 at 2:20 AM
Offensive User
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
So recently I have been basically addicted to Peposoft games. (Here's his website but he's currently the moon.) They are insanely fun, very replayable, and they all have great music. Here's how I'm going to organize them:

Title (year)
YouTube gameplay video
Description
link

Okay let's get this started...

Mini Shooter Right Scroll (MS RS) Delta (2007)

I really don't want to call this game perfect, but at the same time I do... The gameplay's great and fast-paced, the music is amazing, the ships have their pros/cons but eventually balance out... What else can I say?
You start out with three ships, each with their own abilities, and you unlock more in different ways by completing stages, collecting certain items, etc.
Also, there are a good amount of stages and hidden stages, adding more variety to this game.
Note: Pressing "q" "w" and "e" changes the window size.
http://www.vector.co...e/se444925.html

Houkaimura (?)

Simply a Ghosts n' Goblins/Ghouls n' Ghosts clone. The game goes around a three hit to death system, but you have infinite lives and a good amount of checkpoints so it's not very hard. Usually takes an hour on the first playthrough. Also, there are hidden exits for each of the stages with slightly different bosses. There are also multiple ways to complete an area so have fun with that.
The variety in this game goes down to its weapons; some may be good for some areas while bad in other areas. Each weapon is distinct and no two seem alike. These items can range from tennis balls to devastating Manga Ink to boomerangs to bombs to other crazy weapons. You can obtain these items by going to special areas in the stage, or just picking one up as a somewhat rare enemy drop.
http://www.freem.ne..../dlfg02060.html

GIGADEEP (2010)

GIGADEEP is simply a Mega Man clone (some elements from the X series, classic series, the Zero series). There are multiple playable charachters, but each of them have their "distinct abilities" (Giga can regenerate and use his health to release damaging slime, Pappy has his blade ability, etc.) Other than that, it plays like a Mega Man game. And it's fun.
Oh yeah, and this is one of his largest games (around 200 megabytes), just to warn you in advance.
http://www.freem.ne..../dlfg02876.html

I will add more as I play them.

Apr 30, 2012 at 4:45 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Tried to play minishootan, but all it gives me is a tiny square in the middle of my screen and changing the resolution does nothing :(

Apr 30, 2012 at 10:09 AM
Offensive User
Try pressing "q" "w" and/or "e" because that changes the window size to 1x resolution, 2x resolution and 3x (or was it 4x? Never bothered counting yet) resolution. When I start the game up, I usually always immediately press "e" and adjust the window if necessary.

Also there are fullscreen options but I've never bothered to find out how to get it to work yet.

May 1, 2012 at 5:12 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Yay thanks, that's much better :D Got 8.5 mil with the MK-C ship before; it seems the best of the starters because of its power but I don't really like using it. Any tips on how to unlock more of them? Also the online score submission thingy doesn't seem to work :(

I would have played it more today but I got diatracted

May 1, 2012 at 10:32 AM
Offensive User
I think that most of these ships can be unlocked in the B stages by either completing the level or touching a "?" bubble. How to get to a B stage varies from stage to stage, but I can't remember most of them. I do know, however, that you can get to the first B stage by letting one of those white things survive, and the last one by defeating all of the enemies from stage 7A. Both of thosestages have unlockable ships.