Pairings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 21, 2013 at 3:50 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
If you have some CS pairings you like, you can post it here. Yeah, It's not too original but I'm bored and kinda curious about what you guys think are cool pairings.

I always thought The Doctor and Momorin was interesting. But it's pretty obvious that wouldn't work out after the whole crown thingy.

Actually, I'm not sure it would work out at all.

Dec 21, 2013 at 4:00 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Oh god that reminded me of that other thread

Dec 21, 2013 at 4:31 AM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Shadowcat said:
that other thread
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

also sue x human sue 16ever

Dec 21, 2013 at 4:46 AM
Dec 21, 2013 at 4:48 AM
War criminal
I ship Quote and the Polar Star. Because no hot robot girl that is most compatible with him can go between Quote and his beloved adaptable gun.

Dec 21, 2013 at 4:51 AM
TLincoln said:
I ship Quote and the Polar Star. Because no hot robot girl that is most compatible with him can go between Quote and his beloved adaptable gun.
That...makes a lot of sense.

Somebody needs to write a fanfic.

Dec 21, 2013 at 5:13 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Chinfish x Kanpachi

"I always come to fish, but really, you're the one who caught me..."

Dec 21, 2013 at 5:17 AM
War criminal
X-Calibar said:
Chinfish x Kanpachi

"I always come to fish, but really, you're the one who caught me..."
Comes with a sad ending where Quote points his waifu Polar Star on Chinfish.

Dec 21, 2013 at 5:18 AM
Professional Whatever
Double romance battle story

Dec 21, 2013 at 6:03 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Kazuma and Sky Dragon..? O-ok...I'll go sit in a corner...

Dec 21, 2013 at 6:47 AM
Perpetually out of it
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Mahin and the chinfish. I have absolutely no idea why, but it seems right to me for some reason.

Dec 21, 2013 at 4:40 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I'm that one person in the background who quietly goes for all the standard ships.

Quote×Curly, of course, because I can't see either of them going with anybody else. And they're a cute match. Chaco and Santa work well together. The Doctor will has died a horrible and lonely death. Booster and Jenka make a good pair. Can't think of anyone from Cave Story's cast with Kazuma, but I'm sure he'll find a nice human Surface girl. Maybe. Depends on how awkward he is with them. Momorin doesn't seem the type to remarry considering her probably dead husband. Or worse for our shipping purposes, possibly alive and still on the Surface husband. Sue is obviously really young so I don't see her with anyone. She's been paired with Kanpachi before, which while plausibleish, creeps me out depending on how old Kanpachi is in Mimiga years. She'd also need to return to her Mimiga form for it to work out. Dr. Gero seems a bit too old for Nurse Hasumi, I think she'd be better with some random really nice Gaudi somewhere. MALCO is clearly perfect for one of the other gender-ambiguous/neutral robots in Grasstown. Maybe MALCO's female, actually. Would explain their practically gushing at Quote after he saves them. Cthulhu is...Cthulhu. Probably not interested in romance if it's even more than a single entity. Tetsuzou is a hermit and might not find any use in love. He might find love with the Nemesis/the goddess inside it, though. King and Toroko are dead. Mahin is a fat bastard and won't be getting any dates anytime soon. I can see Jack hooking up with a respectable Mimiga female somewhere, probably no one interesting but hey. I can't see those blue robots with anyone. Mr. Little is obviously married to Mrs. Little. Misery is likely going to be single for a while as she gets her bearings in life. Sanhaime(goodness, how do you spell his name again?) is even less interesting than Jack but maybe there's a girl who likes gardening somewhere on the Island. Don't see Balrog in a relationship. The Colons are probably going to grow up and find someone someday. Chaba is married to his work. Mysterious Man Who Wrote On Computer×Mysterious Woman Who Bore Child, because they're so interesting and full of depth. Sky Dragon is totally paired with one of the Twins. Too bad they're both dead and he(?)'s off the Island. Itoh is boring and unlikely to find a spouse, but who knows. Hoppy×Green Plantation Thing would be neat, they're both so happy all the time. In that case, Night Spirit×Orangebell, Skeleton×Sidecrawler, and Bat×Blue Bat could all work out. Maybe. One of the Colons with the small girl from Plantation would definitely work. (I need to brush up on names, don't I...) Ballos is an insane wizard and also dead. Ame is a strong white cat woman, she don't need no man. Debug Cat and Purple Cat from Misery Story could hit it off. Prince and Misery might work, assuming Doors wasn't thinking of horribly killing him (a silly assumption.) Yuki×King would be neat, except she's probably killed off too. Sue×Human Sue is so marvelously stupid, it has to work. If Sue has no pairing, Kanpachi and Chinfish are a match made in heaven. I only see MALCO and Curly as friends, but still an interesting pair. Chivalry is dead/nonexistent/the name of Momorin's living husband, I guess. If the Sky Dragon is female and can communicate nonverbally, Kazuma could have a creepy but workable relationship with her. I WOULD approve of Quote with the Polar Star, but if the Polar Star spends all its time with Quote I'd never get to use it myself. :<

That's about it. Like I said, I'm a bit boring in this field.

Dec 21, 2013 at 5:40 PM
A Reluctant Balrog's Waifu
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
For comedic value I briefly considered putting nothing in this post but reposting my display picture, but I'll be good and contribute to the discussion a bit. (I'm skipping over Quote/Curly because that's implied canon and I love it, but that's it).

So, yeah. Balrog/Misery. Not as a consummate romantic ship, since in the "good" ending Balrog leaves her behind to have a life with Quote and Curly anyway, which is just not something you'd do if you were hopelessly in love with someone. But I like the idea of either:

A) A kind of unspoken, mutual crush that nothing ever really comes out of, but it was there and they both sort of silently acknowledged/were aware of it.

or

B) Stronger affection than above, but purely one-sided, moving from Balrog to Misery.

Erring toward A, but B is nice too. It's not really a pairing that necessarily jumps out at you even though I've seen people play it for laughs on Pixiv and such. It didn't really occur to me until much later in the game on my second play through ("good" ending) because most of the times they're on-screen together they're sort of bickering (in particular, Balrog gets bullied quite a bit by her).

But I don't know, I am a huge sucker for romantic feelings forged between people by virtue of circumstance. It's implied they somehow knew each other before they were cursed by the crown, Balrog was intimate enough with Misery's family to be able to seriously address Jenka as "auntie", and they've likely been together through a multitude of experiences for literally thousands of years, seeing the reign of four different crown holders in that time. Basically: They've been together forever, and they've seen and experienced shit. Only they know what it's like and only they can understand how it feels and actually empathize. You could unquestionably make the argument that while that'd lead to a deep understanding of one another, it doesn't necessarily entail romantic feelings. But that's where the shipping part comes in, I just like to think it does.

That's not to mention that Balrog's... un-humanness is fascinating and I've always had a fascination for interracial relationships. Balrog takes that fascination to extreme since he's not even humanoid and lacks any obvious means of, uh, sexual reproduction, so by all means any attraction that exists would not have a physical basis. I find that cool.

/serious thoughtful post in this thread

Dec 21, 2013 at 5:57 PM
Balrog X Misery is pretty cool

PS: ITOH X DOCTOR YEWEES FAR LYFE

Dec 21, 2013 at 8:18 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Mahin x Ma Pignon

"You wouldn't eat me right?"
(YES/NO)
"But, you really are hungry?"
(YES/NO)
"You don't really m-..."

*Munch munch*
"Nooooooooo, that tickles! Ahhhhh!"
(Ma Pignon multiplies and escapes)
"Ha! You missed!"

!

Obtained OUnlimited Source of FoodO!

<3
"D-don't look at me like that!"

Dec 22, 2013 at 12:58 AM
Been here way too long...
December 21, 2013: first vore fanfiction posted to Cave Story Tribute Site Forums. Reactions were mixed.

Dec 22, 2013 at 4:49 AM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
my general shipping is Misery x Quote, but for now i'm gonna do Gaudi x critter

Status
Not open for further replies.