Pairings and the like.

Aug 6, 2012 at 1:41 PM
A Reluctant Balrog's Waifu
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
I confess I didn't search to see if this thread was made yet because I hadn't seen it during my forum skim, and because it's pretty safe to assume that it doesn't exist because of the demographic here.

I know this falls directly into the "girl shit" pigeonhole, but what sort of Cave Story related pairings do most of you support? Or rather, if you don't think of it in terms of "support", what do you think is viable/likely?

To start off:

Quote/Curly. I don't think I even need to rationalize this, I'm fairly sure the implication as a mutual love interest exists.

The Doctor/Momorin. In a "maybe they had a thing at some point" sort of way. Like maybe when they were young, and they go way back? I don't know.

Balrog/Misery. I don't know why but I like the idea of it.

Aug 6, 2012 at 3:46 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
I wasn't into Cave Story enough to hardcore ship and get excited over it, but I remember a few years back I was interested in Kazuma/Sue. Screwed up, I know. I also wrote a fanfic of Kazuma/Quote for the sake of humor.

Aug 6, 2012 at 4:00 PM
I wasn't into Cave Story enough to hardcore ship and get excited over it, but I remember a few years back I was interested in Kazuma/Sue. Screwed up, I know. I also wrote a fanfic of Kazuma/Quote for the sake of humor.

Nah. Not really screwed up. After all, there's nothing inherently wrong with the idea of incest. That's just not an idea that the world's prepared to deal with yet.

I think there are people out there who legitimately ship Kazuma/Quote, but they confuse me. :orangebell:

Aug 6, 2012 at 4:21 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Don't tell anyone, but I've always been into Momo/Misery. They seem so perfect together!

Aug 6, 2012 at 4:26 PM
Don't tell anyone, but I've always been into Momo/Misery. They seem so perfect together!

You know, I could potentially get behind that. And that would make it the first same-sex pairing I've said that about as well. :critter:

Aug 6, 2012 at 4:46 PM
Based Member
Quote/Curly- If you haven't already figured this out by looking at my avatar, I completely agree with 43501 here. No need to explain.

Momorin/Itoh- I dunno, for some reason I just thought based on their involvement with each other on the rocket and and their interactions on the helicopter made me think of them as a pair.

Booster/Jenka- Well, they're both old, and why did Booster go to the trouble to stay on the island when the others were leaving, and go to Jenka's house? A conversation between the two characters just seems like an interesting idea. Jenka's probably thousands of years older than Booster, and there probably isn't anything going on between them, but it still wonders me why Booster goes and visits her. That thread in the theories section didn't really do much for me.

Yeah, the last two are really grasping at straws, but it's the best I can come up with.

Aug 6, 2012 at 4:47 PM
Banned
I'd always had a thing for Sue/Quote, and maybe Misery/Quote as well. Balrog was kinda iffy, but I guess Balrog/Misery fell within what I thought would "Happen".

Aug 6, 2012 at 4:52 PM
Based Member
I'm partially with you there. If I never knew about the third ending or if it never existed, then I'd say Quote/Sue instead of Quote/Curly. In fact, I even thought that before I knew what the third ending entailed.

Aug 6, 2012 at 5:59 PM
THE suus
"Keep on rollin'!"
Momorin/Itoh- I dunno, for some reason I just thought based on their involvement with each other on the rocket and and their interactions on the helicopter made me think of them as a pair.

Thats funny, because me and someone are doing a CS based RP on flipnote hatena, and in it, Itoh is pervy for momorin. dB

Aug 7, 2012 at 3:15 AM
Thats funny, because me and someone are doing a CS based RP on flipnote hatena, and in it, Itoh is pervy for momorin. dB

The hilarious thing about that is that I find it perfectly believable.

Aug 9, 2012 at 3:48 AM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Balrog is Misery's servant, so if they had a thing going it must've been one weird slave-master relationship.

If anything, the person who should be balls deep in Misery would have to Kazuma. Why? Because who else? Quote? He's a robot. Prof. Booster is old, and everyone else is a humanoid rabbit.

Also look at Balrog's size, just imagine the size of his mushroom tip.

Aug 9, 2012 at 3:53 AM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Aug 9, 2012 at 4:16 AM
Balrog is Misery's servant, so if they had a thing going it must've been one weird slave-master relationship.

Be that as it may, it's at least somewhat apparent to me that they regard each other, even if they quarrel and insult each other (and mean it). I assume that Balrog has some degree actual loyalty toward her and isn't 100% acting under the order of the crown. I also assume that Balrog has to be connected to her in some meaningful way to have been affected by a curse that in all likelihood should have only applied to Misery.

Or we can just view it as a weird slave-master relationship, I have no issues with that. :orangebell:

EDIT: I should clarify that seriously speaking, I think it's actually largely (if not entirely) one sided. I have serious doubts as to whether Misery would actually reciprocate those feelings of loyalty after, well, seeing him being treated like a doormat/punching bag multiple times during the events of the game.

If anything, the person who should be balls deep in Misery would have to Kazuma. Why? Because who else? Quote? He's a robot. Prof. Booster is old, and everyone else is a humanoid rabbit.

I'm with Desu, because while I don't object to the mental image, I'm not even sure if they met during the events of the game.

Lmao. Substitute Desu's response for me here as well. Despite numerous 34 telling me otherwise, I assume Balrog isn't built anatomically correct (whereas Curly/Quote probably are if the game's implications are to be believed). It would be a nonsexual relationship. Does he have a tongue? I could accept that. I'm thinking about this too much. :droll: I didn't expect this thread to take this direction.

Aug 9, 2012 at 8:37 AM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
Mahin/Kanpachi
This isn't necessarily sexual, but I believe that if the two of them were ever to combine powers, the massive radiation of chill would cause world peace.
And of course, they're both masters of the universe.

Aug 9, 2012 at 12:52 PM
Mahin/Kanpachi
This isn't necessarily sexual, but I believe that if the two of them were ever to combine powers, the massive radiation of chill would cause world peace.
And of course, they're both masters of the universe.

I can totally see Mahin/Kanpachi being bros.

To the italicized: I like the way you think!

EDIT: Doublepost fix, double post below.

Whoa. Wait. Hold on. Whoa. Wait. I just realized who you are. You've had this thought before (NSFW).

:muscledoc:

Going to bleach brain.

Aug 9, 2012 at 8:58 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
Arthur/King is my typical fangirl shipping, wherein respect is interpreted as desire, almost always misinterpreted. But still it's kind of adorable since King's such a grumpy guy normally. Since Arthur's passed, it helps explain how frustrated he is with the state of Mimiga Village, it gives him more depth I guess? I dunno :S

Now that I consider it, any pairing with King has my approval, just for the Mimiga tsundere factor.

Aug 10, 2012 at 3:10 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
What a place for my first post. Personally, I've figured out several pairings that I'm surprised aren't mentioned yet.

Quote/Chaco-- For obvious reasons.

Hajime/Curly-- God knows why I thought of this, but I can't get it out of my head.

Sue/Toroko-- Can you imagine the "sleepovers" those two had?

Igor/Sue-- I'm not saying it's consentual, I'm saying that while you get distracted trying to get the Life Capsule near Cthulu's Abode, getting the Rocket Launcher and such, other things are happening.

Misery/Toroko-- Like Sue/Toroko, this is purely for my lesbian fantasies.

Chaco/Chie-- I will openly admit to writing a lemon of this, again for my lesbo fantasies.

Aug 10, 2012 at 5:40 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
I approve of all of those ships.

Aug 10, 2012 at 2:32 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
How did I not see this earlier?

Well for me these are some easy ones:

Santa/Chaco
Why not, they both live in the same general area. Santa is the only man and Chaco is a huge slut.

Quote/Curly
This one is a pretty easy one to explain, the iron bond Quote gets? Panties? How she helps him in the core room? Its pretty easy for me to see this, and I also think that they would be good together as they are both robots.

King/Sue
If King didn't die I think that Sue/King would happen, maybe they would at least become better friends or something.

Here are a few more that could be more interesting. I really have no explanations for these, as this is just me randomly pairing up couples that I think would be interesting.

Jack/Toroko
Well I think that it would be fun.

Enraged Igor/Sue
She was with him for a while.