Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 17, 2013 at 2:10 AM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
Jan 17, 2013 at 9:02 AM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
The more contributions the forum puts forth, the better the final mod can become as a whole.
This quote. It disturbs me.

"The more contributions the forum puts forth, the better MY MOD can become"

That's what I heard. That might not have been what you said originally, but that's pretty much what I just imagined.

Nobody cares about other people's mods. Nobody will even give you ideas for your mod, unless you yourself are kind and caring.

Nobody cares because we are all already working on a mod, or have better things to do (and therefore some of us don't care about modding at all, which is fine).

This is garbage. MagicDoors made a pretty good attempt, but it wasn't good enough.

I would never, ever dare to make a Jenka's Nightmare remake. Some people think I'm totally wrong, but Jenka's Nightmare (original) is one of the best, if not the best, mods on this forum. It is equal to WTF Story, Schism, King's Story, Magic, Original Sin, The Wrath of Revorkshenahl, and Collapse of Fantasy. If not better.

Why would I never make a Jenka's Nightmare remake? I could never learn enough assembly, draw enough art, or compose enough beautiful music to be worthy of Schmitz.

Schmitz is the best modder. Ever. He DARED to make an amazing mod during an ancient time when other people were trying to figure out how to make the <LI+ command work.

Runelancer is also a great modder. He DARED to make a massively assembly hacked mod before TSC was fully understood.

I do not DARE to ever make a Jenka's Nightmare remake. No matter how much programming I know, I cannot live up to the giants. I cannot do anything except stand on the shoulders of giants, such as Schmitz and Runelancer.

Making a Jenka's Nightmare remake would not be fun for me.

I would cry myself to sleep each night. I would never make an assembly hack as cool as Schmitz non-assembly-hacked ideas.

I could never be as creative as Runelancer at anything.

Any music I put in will just sound like crap, because my level design is also crap, and my composing is horrible too.

I would never make a Jenka's Nightmare remake because I genuinely think that I suck really, REALLY badly at modding.

I know how to assembly hack. I have made many Organya files, both good and bad. I have done lots of art. I can use SeaTone like it's Notepad.

But one thing I cannot do is emulate the giants. Because I know I suck at modding, even after all these years of hard practice. Even after finishing one mod without assembly hacks and custom music, and starting off a second mod with assembly hacks and custom music, I still know that I suck at modding.

I can never make a mod as good or as popular as WTF Story. Never as good as King's Story. Never as awesome as Wrath of Revorkshenahl. Never as incredible as Schism.

And definitely. Never as divine as Jenka's Nightmare: Original Version.

This is all I have to say about how difficult modding is, and how it is nearly impossible to get to the top.

If you think you can surpass GIR, Noxid, Runelancer, and Schmitz. And Wedge of Cheese. And all other modders on this forum. Go ahead. You are worthy of remaking Jenka's Nightmare. But if you think you cannot be better than all these maestros of Cave Story modding, I would highly suggest that you start on a simple project. Your own mod. At least do that first for practice.

You should attempt to slay the rats in the level 1 dungeon first.

What you are attempting to do is kill the game master himself. He can summon dragons, demons, banshees and more. His level is so high, that unsigned 256-bit integers cannot hold such a number.

I would highly suggest not tackling the game master. I would kill the rats first. At least for practice.

(it is a better idea to make a standalone mod. Instead of finishing Jenka's Nightmare, which would be extremely difficult, considering how amazing the original was)

EDIT: I have looked at what you want "to do" to finish JN. To be completely frank, the list looks pretty boring to me. You probably don't fully understand how hard Schmitz and all other modders on this forum have worked on their own modding projects. Modding is the most difficult thing I have ever done. Why? You must be a programmer, a map designer, a musician, a director (cutscenes), an artist, a writer, a genius, a talent, an innovator, an inventor, and so much more.

I am telling you this because I think you can be saved.

I think you can be converted to the correct beliefs.

I think that you can become a better person. One who does not simply "mod for revenge", or something similar to that.

You do not need to mod to prove you're a better person than someone. Nobody is better than anyone else on this Earth, regardless of what some idiots believe.

I am trying to prevent you from falling flat on your face.

However, if you do fall flat on your face, this forum is not forgiving.

This forum is mean.

This forum is not necessarily friendly.

People will insult you for making the smallest mistakes.

I know this. I have experienced it countless times.

This forum is the spawn of Hell itself.

If you fail at making a good mod of Jenka's Nightmare, everyone, including me, will laugh at you silently from the shadows.

For the next 5 years. For the next 10 years. For the next century. For the next eternity. And beyond that too.

You will never hear the end of it. This forum does not act nice to newbies who do not understand how to mod. We expect

you to learn both TSC and Assembly by yourself. We expect you to know how to compose and draw already, before

you join this forum.

This forum has some of the most talented people on Earth. I am convinced that GIR is the most awesome man ever,

Noxid is also the most awesome man ever, and that they are secretly the same person.

If Runelancer were a woman, all the guys would want him, and Runelancer would just reject all of them immediately.

This is not a joke. This is serious.

We have the most incredible and unique people on Earth on the CSTSF. Can you become better than all of us combined?

TL;DR

Read this whole post again, and translate it into every human language that has ever existed.

Then publish it.

Yeah, the TL;DR is longer than the post itself. Because you are just a **** if you TL;DR anything, ever.

As you can see, I am just sickened and pissed by the very thought of this thread existing.

MagicDoors actually did a pretty good job. Too many people rag on him. It was especially hard when Noxid the Maestro started ragging on him.

You have yet to prove yourself. That's all I'm gonna say for now.

Jan 17, 2013 at 12:09 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Do you like, go outside? There are people who can punch you out there. You should try it some time.

This is, first and foremost, Schmitz's mod. If you have a problem with HIM, feel free to pop him an email and/or subscribe him to a fishing magazine.

Nobody needs your bullshit long post taking up the entirity of the first page of a mod's construction topic. If you want to scream in my ear like a whiney butthurt bitch, use the private message system. It'll make you look like far less of a long-winded tool.

Maybe when I finish the mod, I'll reveal who I ~actually~ am. I've dropped hints with "4 years ago" and "Mirai Gamer"; for all you could ever know, I might BE Shmitz. Boy, how red would your face be?

To be frank, I would have LOVED some asshole like 'what I am now' to have come around and torn apart my mod when it was created and abandoned 4 years ago. The reason I abandoned it then wasn't from the lack of support, it was from the lack of challenge, reason, or anyone telling me I was doing things wrong, when looking back on it, the mod was pretty fucking terrible. If people told me this straight as opposed to sugar-coating it, I'd have openly been able to improve it, and it might still be alive, and a standalone "100% Complete, really fucking good!" mod in this community.

My reasoning is this: If you can take the insults and look beyond them for insight into what to fix, you can strive to "prove the person wrong" by doing a better job and making THAT jerk happy, because he was the only one bitching. If they don't show insight into what could be fixed, you can, as the ~creator of the mod~, mind you (not the fanboy audience), tell the individual to go fuck himself (unless it's a moderator, in which case you add a smiley face after the sentence). Finally, if the creater of the mod can't handle the asshole targeting them, then they lack what is a clear-cut care or ownership of their work. If they had a weak constitution as such that they couldn't stand up to defend themselves and their mod, then chances are it would have been either sloppily finished or straight-up abandoned after a few more months. May as well cut the cord than string people along waiting for something that won't come.

Now, you can continue on your merry way either bitching at or stalking this topic, that's up to you. But you can't clearly bastardize my work or defend Schmidz's original as "perfect" unless you actually see the changes made from start to finish. It would be one thing if, for example, I called MagicDoors out on something that was entirely Schmidz's creation; but I never once did that. I looked at the content added to the base, which your above post clearly dictates you were AGAINST anyway.

Wait, are we on the same side? I can't tell. It feels like you're just bitching for the sake of being heard, instead of putting forth something meaningful.

Read this whole post again, and translate it into every human language that has ever existed.
Then publish it.
I'll put it on the fridge next to the script for Twilight.

Jan 17, 2013 at 1:00 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
ZDitty, stop making enemies. Carrot's not trying to hurt your feelings, he's trying to suggest better ideas. Did you see him insulting you even once in his post? He's not in the wrong here. Also, we don't care about your past. What we've seen from you is that you are a generally angry user who doesn't like to be proven wrong. That's our first impression of you, and it's not going to change.
And don't blame your mod's failure on us. You have the ability to check over your work. Are you seriously saying you were incapable of seeing whether your mod was bad or not?

Although Carrot I think you're pushing shmitz' mod a bit too high. He's not a god, he's just a guy who abandoned a pretty fine looking mod without a ton of content. I didn't decide to finish his mod because it was popular, I did it because it was unfinished.

[Flame away]

Jan 17, 2013 at 1:25 PM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
Yeah, ZDitty, everything Carrot said is completely true. Modding is the hardest, most unrewarding thing ever. Hell, I offered to help you, and you just ignored me. You didn't even say anything relevant to what had been in my post. My offer is still there, but I wouldn't count on getting more help, especially considering half the modding community absolutely loved JNR. Dude, I want to see this project succeed. But if you don't stop acting the way you are to people offering to help you and giving you the best advice you'll ever get about modding, nobody will like you. If nobody likes you, nobody will play your mod.

Jan 17, 2013 at 1:39 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Saying "Modding is hard" for 5 minutes straight doesn't help anything.

Saying "Others did better than you could ever do because I haven't seen you do anything" doesn't help either (and is a lie, but he conveniently didn't list my own mod from 4 years ago).

Jan 17, 2013 at 1:55 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Because then I'd be derailing my own topic. Which already sort of happened. Hm.

Added a clarification edit to the first post since the topic title's a little misleading.

Jan 17, 2013 at 3:01 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Hi ZarroTsu.

Jan 17, 2013 at 4:01 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
ZarroTsu.

Jan 17, 2013 at 4:01 PM
Professional Whatever
/typical cover-up response

Jan 17, 2013 at 4:34 PM
Not anymore
I knew it. I knew it.

Garbage. Complete garbage.

Actually, I don't even care.
Life is too short for this crap.

I've played JNR before. Why isn't JNR perfect? Why isn't it the best finisher to JN?
Because MagicDoors is not equal-equal-equals (oh yeah, I JUST USED PHP. In an argument) to Schmitz.

Since MagicDoors is not equal-equal-equals (which, apparently, would be literally written !=== ), there was
absolutely no way he could have the original vision of Schmitz.

But now this has just happened. It has just happened.
But now man, I don't even know now. Just nevermind.

Jan 17, 2013 at 4:43 PM
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I earn one hell of a welcome wagon, don't I? That was fun.

But it isn't important who's who (unless you're Carrotlord, in which case you're presently bashing your head against a wall in self-loathing). This is a topic for the refurbishing and completion of Jenka's Nightmare.

Jan 17, 2013 at 5:02 PM
Not anymore
Self-loathing? Yeah right. My username should actually be TotalNarcissus, because that's who I am. However, I do really believe I suck at modding, so I'll leave it at that.

Thanks for making this thread. Maybe JN can actually become better than it is.

Jan 17, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Professional Whatever
Wait, I'm confused. So were you just trolling us for fun under the disguise of a different account? Or were you actually pissed off at us? If it was the former, I apologize for lashing out at you.

Jan 17, 2013 at 9:33 PM
Not anymore
ZarroTsu is mentioned in the credits for the original (not modded) PC Cave Story by Studio Pixel. I'm pretty sure, if I recall correctly.

In other words, we're just sissies waiting here wearing blonde wigs and girly maid costumes, and whenever ZarroTsu the mansion owner comes, we have to lick 'dem feet.
Just pretend that ZarroTsu is the younger sibling of Studio Pixel. Important stuff.

Jan 17, 2013 at 9:33 PM
"What're YOU lookin' at?"

Since I literally have not been here for the past FOUR YEARS (I'm older than most accounts here!), I decided to make the new account to avoid some stupid or underplayed welcome party. Because I love showboating like a douchebag.

Great welcome wagon guys! Glad to know if a new user joins the forum with his own opinions and ideas, he'll be taken in with open arms, and never once bitched at for being a noob who could never know better. </sarcasm> And who is definitely not ten years younger than he actually is. </more sarcasm>

It was my intent not to actually show myself until I had something of value to show, considering I left at the same time I abandoned Eternal Chaos, and Eternal Chaos was pretty shitty. Recently played Heaven's Tower (That old shitty speedrun mod I made!) and got inspired to work on a cavestory mod again, although not one relative to Jenka's Nightmare. I thought I'd just poke around, and lo and behold I saw a Jenka's Nightmare refurb. I expected it to be a heck of a lot better than it was, so I shared my honest opinions about it; and now I guess I'll finish it myself instead. Would make a nice warm-up before I do something bigger.

So yeah. God dammit, GIRakaCHEEZER, the looks on their faces would have been priceless if I actually showed up with JN finished instead of not even started. :|

ZarroTsu is mentioned in the credits for the original (not modded) PC Cave Story by Studio Pixel.

I am? Holy shit, link it if that's true.

Jan 17, 2013 at 11:01 PM
Professional Whatever
Asshole it is. Welcome back.

Jan 18, 2013 at 4:18 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
ZarroTsu said:
Great welcome wagon guys! Glad to know if a new user joins the forum with his own opinions and ideas, he'll be taken in with open arms, and never once bitched at for being a noob who could never know better. </sarcasm> And who is definitely not ten years younger than he actually is. </more sarcasm>
I get the feeling this may be an increasingly common problem for you :momo:

Call it a hunch, like guessing who someone was while they were using a different name

Status
Not open for further replies.