ORGasm Problems D:

Jan 17, 2010 at 6:03 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
I was trying to copy a midi into ORGasm (manually), and after about an hour or so of work, I decided to save it because I was almost done. I closed it out. Then I realized I needed to change the loop points. I reopened the file, and all the notes were gone. It saved which sounds were assigned to which instrument, the tempo, and such, but no notes. Needless to say I am lost for words. If somebody could help me, or is interested in transposing THIS midi into an org for me, that'd be amazing. Yes, it's for a mod I am thinking of making.

Also, before that there was another problem when I changed the loop points. when it reached a certain point in the song, it got what I think it called a subscript error and it closed out, making me lose another half hour worth of work.

I am furious at ORGasm right now. I cannot believe I was SO CLOSE and it doesn't save any notes. Yes, I made a test afterwards and saved it. Closed the program, reopened the program, and opened the save file. No notes to be found.
D:

(EDIT: if this is in the wrong place, please correct me and put it where it's supposed to be. I'm tired and wasn't thinking when I posted this, so yeah. Oops.)

Jan 17, 2010 at 6:10 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
You want to use ORGasm? I hope not for use in a CS mod... even orgmaker2 has certain compatability issues with it's songs in CS, I would imagine using this third-party thing would be an invitation to disaster.
I could be wrong though.

EDIT: oh, it is for a CS mod.

Jan 17, 2010 at 6:26 AM
Noxid said:
You want to use ORGasm? I hope not for use in a CS mod... even orgmaker2 has certain compatability issues with it's songs in CS, I would imagine using this third-party thing would be an invitation to disaster.
I could be wrong though.

EDIT: oh, it is for a CS mod.

So I'm limited to only ORGmaker1? :/

Idk, it looked nicer and easier to use, but functionality comes first.

Jan 17, 2010 at 6:33 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Noxid said:
Not neccessarily. I've done all my orgs in ORGv2, and as long as you follow the proper procedure they work fine. The big issue is that you have to set up your drums just so.

just so, being:
track Q: bass01
track W: Snare01
track E: HiClose
track R: HiOpen
track T: Tom01

and leave tracks Y, U, and I alone and don't use them at all.

wedge of cheese said:
Oh ok my bad. And actually that applies to orgmaker v1 as well. I would like to add that track 13 (called track Y in orgmaker v2) can be used as well; the sound that it will make is similar but not quite identical to Per01. Putting anything in tracks 14 or 15 (U or I) will crash the game.

Those are the rules of ORGmaker 2. I myself use it, as I find the colours amuse me greatly.
I have not used ORGasm and therefore cannot vouch for it's credibility, but from what you've described it seems a bit quirky even before you import.

EDIT: I win ^_^

"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Okay, seriously, the guy who made that picked the worst name in the history of ever, unless that was deliberate. You have no idea how hard I sniggered when I saw the thread title.

At any rate, Noxid is probably right. And I liked the way OrgMaker looked per se, but that's just I. Though, if you can get it to work, you might try testing the orgs? I don't think anyone has tried using an org made in ORGasm in CS before.

Been here way too long...
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Use the translated orgmaker 2 if you have problems with the first. Just remember what instruments you can use

[EDIT] FAST NINJAS ARE FAST

Jan 17, 2010 at 6:47 AM
Thank you all for the comments. Tomarrow (technically later today, but whatever) I'll use ORGv2 with the specific drum setup and not use those tracks. Somebody should edit the mod that has those drums preselected and removes the option to use the tracks that crash the game. Anyway, thanks again.

EDIT: Ok...I'll try that when the link to ORG Maker 2 on the tribute site isn't dead D:

Jan 20, 2010 at 4:07 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
From what I can tell from my limited experimentation with ORGasm, the whole program is beyond usable. There are way to many annoying bugs, and the whole platform itself is unstable. There may be some problems with ORGmaker v1 and v2, but they are much more consistent, so I would stick with one of those.

Jan 20, 2010 at 11:10 PM
Jackalope said:
I have a copy on me that I could zip up and link you to. It's also slightly updated (by moi).

What's better about it compared to V134?

Jan 20, 2010 at 11:21 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
OM 2 allows you to select portions of the song not determined by meas, and you can see both the drum and melody tracks at the same time instead of just one. ...There's other stuff too, but I don't remember...

Oh, unless you meant the updates I made. Nothing special; they're semi-outlined in my "Hidden functions in OrgMaker 2 revealed" thread.

Jan 20, 2010 at 11:24 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
I would caution you that if you have a slow computer (like me) then you might wanna stick with version 1. Though if you don't, then you should be fine going to version 2.