Org2x Custom Drums done the RIGHT way

Jul 5, 2017 at 12:36 AM
Stoned Member
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Alright listen up I'm gonna tell you how to do the drum stuff without using a hex editor, because fuck, I don't know this shit, so I better just experiment and find a way how to do things, and wow, something popped up in my head and I was like 'Oh yeah pixel made pxtone which has pxnoise which can open and save wavs", so I went out of my way to test something, and wow it fucking worked.

Step 1:
Open that sample in audacity
p359215-0-td3rdaj.png

Step 2:
Change its rate to 22050Hz just to play it safe, you can figure out how to do this on your own, it's best to just change the rate rather than resampling, as it's better to just keep ya pitch a little lower.

Step 3:
Make sure it's a 16-Bit PCM or else it won't fucking work.

Step 3 and knuckles:
Save it somewhere, make sure the file type is as follows
p359215-1-hgch9ux.png

Step 5:
Open PtNoise, it comes included with PxTone, go to file > Load Wav, and load your sample.

Step 6: Save it (Save as if you want to play it safe)

7 Step:
Apply Noxid's Orgkutsu to your hack

8r8k:
Replace the wav in your hack with the wav you made

Cirno:
Congratulations, you did it, you can also do this for orgmaker without having to apply Noxid's Orgkutsu, speaking of which, here's a download since apparently Nox lost it:

For some reason links don't want to work for me, so you're just gonna have to copy and paste this into your searchbar.
https://mega.nz/#!U41x2aKJ!6x5TWuYYsbqMgtJarQXxzq69fjgX7uSdIjFdRlA2-OM

Now time to go back to dealing with people hating me just because I'm part of the forums.

Edit : if this is in the wrong forum, please move it mods.

I don't know how this works, it just does alright?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 5, 2017 at 6:20 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
The Orgkutsu link is broken, just fyi.

Jul 5, 2017 at 7:33 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Lol, that's interesting. So apparently highlighting your text and then setting it as a link doesn't work.
You probably included some whitespace before the start of the url.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2019 at 2:36 AM
War criminal
Thread bump, but I do wanna put this warning in here in case you're coming here from the Modding Guide thread. If you wish to use this hack, it will not work with <VAR, as one of the chunks of code shares addresses with part of the <VAR code itself, so unless you know how to move asm around (and it's not just copy/pasting the hex), be weary over this conflict.

Aug 25, 2019 at 5:26 AM
War criminal
It doesn't really matter honestly. There is a version of <VAR that uses up the Undead Core code (but then its either that or multi-save, not that i personally wanna use that hack anyway), but otherwise it's gonna have to be one or the other on 0x48bc00. I should research into this, tbh.

Aug 25, 2019 at 11:23 PM
War criminal
I'll take a look at it, work has been keeping me busy today. Also, you're working on that with the Hackinator TSC+ hack, while I still have to fully release the Improved version, oops