Org Instruments

Jan 3, 2009 at 9:10 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
I am writing an Org player/editor and I was wondering:

** First of all, does anyone know where I can find source code to an existing Org music player, such as Echidna-san's plugin for WinAmp, or in-depth documentation of the Org format (things like instrument waveforms etc, I already know the basic structure). That would probably answer all my questions right there. If not:

* Does anyone know what pattern it is that defines the instruments Wave00-Wave99 in OrgMaker? It appears like Wave00 is a perfect sine, then it seems to mess with the duty cycle some, then it switches to a triangle wave, then it looks like two waves overlaid over each other. Does anybody know what the rule is for what kind of waveform to generate for each instrument no.

* Some songs seem to contain a lot of "garbage" notes in-between the regular notes; these notes all have the note value 0xff, which is illegal because there are only 96 notes. I'm guessing this is some sort of instruction having to do with sustain or something, but am unsure exactly what and how it means.

* Lastly, this one is probably easy. Can I download a nice convenient package somewhere of all the .org files that were used in the game instead of having to extract them one-by-one from the .exe by hand?

??

Jan 3, 2009 at 10:12 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Feb 21, 2009 at 11:36 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
May 11, 2009 at 8:57 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I wish I could fix that winamp plugin. I really do. The ORG playback in Agora's Legends was much much better, but alas, it made cheap use of FMOD to play every instrument as one would a pitch and volume modulated "sound effect", where WinAmp needed an actual waveform and I apparently suck at sound-related math...

Here, I'll try to make it up to you by giving you the very code of which I speak: http://echidnatribe.org/Doukutsu/AGL-org-src.zip