Ordeal Pillar [v1.2] [COMPLETE]

May 9, 2018 at 1:23 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I really liked this mod! While everything Zxin said should be taken into consideration, there's just something about this mod that draws me to it and makes me want to play it more. I dunno, maybe it's because i'm a sucker for the style this game is in, maybe i just really like the story
Also, was the final boss edited in any way other than just changing the sprites? My friends say that Ballos is impossible without the booster, and i just want to see if they are right or not

Last edited:
May 9, 2018 at 2:34 PM
Org Discord Admin
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Also, was the final boss edited in any way other than just changing the sprites? My friends say that Ballos is impossible without the booster, and i just want to see if they are right or not
From my experience, I've noticed only the changed health and the "fish missiles" appearing. And yes, Ballos is possible without the booster, but only in the first phase (which is only the phase used in the mod). The second and next phases are probably impossible without a Machine Gun.

May 9, 2018 at 3:13 PM
Eevee Enthusiast
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
I really liked this mod! While everything Zxin said should be taken into consideration, there's just something about this mod that draws me to it and makes me want to play it more. I dunno, maybe it's because i'm a sucker for the style this game is in, maybe i just really like the story. Regardless of what the case actually is, it still was a great experience.
I tried to make some changes for each separate boss in the fight, such as the Balrog AI's projectiles spawning weapon energy and the Ravil AI doing the neat clone thing in its intro.

As metallicLurker said, Phase 1 of Ballos AI is definitely doable without a Booster. Phase 2 would likely be impossible in Ordeal Pillar now that the Glowing Repeater doesn't let you hover at Level 3, but Phase 1 can be beaten with any weapon.

Jun 20, 2018 at 7:41 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Pretty good storytell/atmosphere of mod and mostly good gameplay.
One thing I didn't like is having to replay intros and parts of Ordeals in the more challenging ones upon dying(though I admit I did die on purpose just to see how each Ordeal ends you).
In particular, I lost patience at the torch lighting Ordeal and resorted to savestate cheating.

Jun 20, 2018 at 5:47 PM
Eevee Enthusiast
Pretty good storytell/atmosphere of mod and mostly good gameplay.
One thing I didn't like is having to replay intros and parts of Ordeals in the more challenging ones upon dying(though I admit I did die on purpose just to see how each Ordeal ends you).
In particular, I lost patience at the torch lighting Ordeal and resorted to savestate cheating.
One thing I've started doing more of is cutting out chunks of intro cutscenes and the like as opposed to just <TUR'ing all text; the <TUR's help, but they're usually not enough by themselves. I've found that halving <WAI's in particular helps a lot for getting back into the action. I'm glad you liked the mod aside from the wait times, though!

Aug 8, 2018 at 2:32 PM
Eevee Enthusiast
Sep 1, 2018 at 10:40 PM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
My computer's sound is broken so it's alosal impossible to do challenge number 4. Any suggestions

Sep 1, 2018 at 11:44 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
You could probably purchase a USB soundcard online, they're extremely inexpensive, and if you have speakers or headphones, you can just plug them in