openCS

Jan 28, 2019 at 1:23 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Does anyone know why this was scrapped? Was it because of how high he set the bar on how big of a world he has to create, or was it life issues?

Jan 28, 2019 at 2:50 AM
2dbro
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
lack of motivation

Feb 3, 2019 at 9:20 AM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
He's working on an unrelated non-CS project rn, unlikely to pick this up again because he's been super passionate and steady with that.

I'll post it again: Here is every single version of OpenCS released. v06 (the Doukutsu Club release) is the last version, but iirc some people had saving issues or otherwise encountered bugs, and I also recalled he scrapped some maps he wasn't satisfied with, so v05 might actually be a better more playable version.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2019 at 2:45 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Yeah, but too bad this mod was canned... he hasn't updated since 2017.

Jables/Kiseff hasn't been doing much of anything Cave Story related that we know of. He hasn't been posting anything concerning CS anywhere I can see for at least 6 months.
The last most of us saw of him was posting art in the CSMC Discord group, and that was quite a while ago... I wouldn't bet on seeing a new edition of this mod any time soon. It really is too bad.

Jul 3, 2019 at 11:58 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
the link dose not work

Jul 5, 2019 at 5:52 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Isnt Cave Story already a open world game?

Jul 6, 2019 at 7:43 AM
Jul 6, 2019 at 8:57 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Dec 21, 2019 at 11:33 PM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
Anyone know if this mod's development has been officially stopped, or is it just on a really long hiatus?

Dec 22, 2019 at 12:08 AM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
Sep 22, 2021 at 1:53 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
There's a link in this post.

The order in which you unlock content in Cave Story is static. There's backtracking, secrets, and optional bosses/weapons, but otherwise there's nowhere you can progress but forward in a linear path.
Hey I just wanted to ask you something: Is it safe to request permission to your Google Drive OpenCS Cave Story mod? I've been attempting to find the OpenCS mod to no avail.

Sep 22, 2021 at 4:28 PM
Hey I just wanted to ask you something: Is it safe to request permission to your Google Drive OpenCS Cave Story mod? I've been attempting to find the OpenCS mod to no avail.
Sorry, it shouldn't be asking for your login at all. Google did something very very stupid for old links recently, and even though I disabled them going offline, apparently I still have to update my links anyways to prevent the sign-in. That's great.

I've updated the link in the post, or you can just click here.

Sep 23, 2021 at 12:15 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Sorry, it shouldn't be asking for your login at all. Google did something very very stupid for old links recently, and even though I disabled them going offline, apparently I still have to update my links anyways to prevent the sign-in. That's great.

I've updated the link in the post, or you can just click here.
Thank you for providing the download link! I'm glad that after so much searching I was finally able to get it

Dec 9, 2021 at 2:50 PM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
Hi there! Sorry for being a nuisance but I’ve been requesting access to the openCS mod, but the drive is asking me for permission. Is there anything I can do?

Dec 9, 2021 at 4:10 PM
Based Member
Dec 9, 2021 at 5:07 PM
Hi there! Sorry for being a nuisance but I’ve been requesting access to the openCS mod, but the drive is asking me for permission. Is there anything I can do?
The post above yours has a working link (as far as I can tell, works fine while in incognito/private mode). As it states it's Google's fault from something they did a year ago that broke all my old links.

I swear I already fixed all of my links in this thread. Where did you find the link you clicked on if you don't mind me asking (so I can try to fix it)?

Dec 9, 2021 at 5:13 PM
"Huzzah!"
The post above yours has a working link (as far as I can tell, works fine while in incognito/private mode). As it states it's Google's fault from something they did a year ago that broke all my old links.

I swear I already fixed all of my links in this thread. Where did you find the link you clicked on if you don't mind me asking (so I can try to fix it)?
This is fixed I believe. The above link that you made should work ^^ (This link)
(It works for me)

Dec 9, 2021 at 5:21 PM
Based Member

Your link was working fine for me, but apparently it wasn't working for @Entity567, so I provided an alternative download link. I don't know what link Entity was trying, though.