One Year to Remember and Forget

Feb 12, 2013 at 7:17 AM
The Eternal Darkness
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Hope nobody minds that I make this thread, but if someone does, I apologize in advance.Anyway, it's been a full year since I've joined these forums - which happens to be the first forum I have ever joined....A year ago, when I was still new around here, I was a total stupid, foolish, idiotic imbecile. I took every single thing literally (I still remember how I actually went and give the definitions of "surrealist" and "troll" when DoubleThink asked me if I was a surrealist troll) and I did stupid things (bumping the s**t out of old threads and posting mainly for the sake of posting while contributing nothing useful). I've been banned twice here in total. One was ten days long, the other, 180 days long.Now? I'm a little bit more different than I used to be - I don't do stupid things like that anymore... much. If working on 12 mods, 2 fanfics and 1 (written on pen-and-paper) prequel to a mod I'm working on is a stupid thing, then blame it on some condition I have that TV Tropes calls "Attention Deficit Creator Disorder"....Sorry to those who've been annoyed by me, or to those who think that I'm an imbecile/idiot/fool/hopeless case or whatever.And also sorry to those that think that I have too many things to work on.I can't help it that I'm easily distracted, it's a genetic trait, apparently. :oBut the randomness isn't, unfortunately. :pPart of what made me different was other forums/sites (about 4 or 5 of them... but not 22 like it is now :eek: ) and being annihilated by a Pizza Elemental in a video game D:Okay, I'll try to stop with the jokes, I know I'm horrible at them. :pThat's generally one of the main reasons why I usually take things literally, the other being a horrible-ish past....Wow, this also means that I've been working on Shane's Cave Story 1 for a full year and a day... and I still have to finish the prequel I'm writing so that I can entirely change the dialogues at some points, but I won't be posting the prequel here. Why? Because not only is it not going to be a mod, but I also won't know where it would go. Would it go in General Discussion? Or maybe The SPOT (via being moved there by a staff member)? It's best to be safe than sorry, so I won't post the prequel here. I'm thinking about naming it Dragon Riders but doubt that'd be helpful as they won't be introduced until SCS3 (... planned on pen and paper during the four weeks of absence between 21 June and 23 July, along with SCS2) so... yeah.Said prequel would be insane to convert into a mod, even for me. It'd most likely require at least 400 maps, so that's something I'm not doing until I'm finished with SCS5... if ever >_<"...And no, I didn't forget about remaking Cave Story Time Warp, I'm still waiting for certain somebodies to say something about the first version. They know who they are.I did, however, forget about Shadow of the Stars, because it's one of the few mods I've planned on paper, but it's missing. :/As for Cave Story Re:coded and Into the Unknown, I'm still waiting for Randolf to ASM hack them into oblivion.And then I'm going to have to make a bloodless version of Into the Unknown for those who can't play it for religious reasons and such, since it's ful of blood. Which should be easy, actually.I also forgot a bit about The Curse of Il'andri'iel, due to accursed spambots striking the SCS Fora.Hope of Shané, well... will probably be hopeless with all the things I'm trying to work on simultaneously. Seeing as most of the replies to it was negative-ish... which just makes me more determined, for some reason.... Having a lot of determination is good, isn't it?I think I only helped two people here, modding-related... :confused:Can't remember :rolleyes:Oh well, I'll just have to make a list. :p...As far as I know, most of those are positive-ish things - things I want to remember. The negative things (like the four weeks between 21 June and 23 July, when I was missing)... those are things I want to forget....But that's enough random ranting of a year-long membership. Right? ;PAnd that's enough lame, horrible attempts at jokes, also, is it not?Oh well, prepare for more.Sorry if I overuse smileys a little, by the way, sometimes I lose all sanity when I get excited. :p...Anyway, members to thank:- DoubleThink: Banning me for ten days when I broke the rules.- Noxid: Freezing my account for 180 days when I broke the rules again. And pastry. I still didn't see any ice, though.- Randolf / KarjamP: For helping me with replies and such when I was unable to access these forums (before I even knew about proxy servers).- KarjamP / X-Calibar: The former helped with finding a proxy server that allows me to make posts and comments and log in, while the latter suggested that I try using one to reach these forums- Everyone else: They have their reasons. Even if they can't remember it. And I forgot most of the others, so sorry for forgetting you guys. :p...
diph.php
(I hope you guys can see it...)

Feb 12, 2013 at 1:15 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
I don't have enough fingers to count how many years I've been on this strange and sometimes perverted forum...

Congrats man, you will stay here for many more years.

Feb 12, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
You're a really nice guy, shane. You beat yourself up way too much.
Ambition isn't a bad thing. I think you have a lot of courage to work on so much at one time, and I could never do something like that.
First impressions aren't everything. No matter what you've done to "annoy" people in the last year, you can fix it. I mean look at me - I created a god-awful forum game series and created a mod that wasn't even close to Shmitz' expectations.
Just between you and me though, I haven't seen you say a single thing to make yourself seem annoying or hopeless. You're certainly better than a lot of people around here.

Feb 12, 2013 at 9:13 PM
The Eternal Darkness
Randolf said:
I like the picture. ^

I hope we'll be there next year... To celebrate again.
Indeed.

I wish it were this easy to please everybody
Life would be better that way, actually.
Considering how many people are going on strike in South Africa, it's bad enough for me to hate my own country. :/

I don't have enough fingers to count how many years I've been on this strange and sometimes perverted forum...
Strangeness is what I am,
Where I live, I'm weird,
Just because how I choose to live.

I think that's a random haiku that came to mind...

Congrats man, you will stay here for many more years.
If I don't accidentally invoke the wrath of the Staff Members, yeah. :p

You're a really nice guy, shane. You beat yourself up way too much.
Literally, and figuratively. Although the "literal" part usually comes when I get angry and depressed simultaneously (almost killed myself on 5 March 2011, but was stopped by a school bell ringing), and the "figurative" part because of all the chaos that South Africa is in at the moment (because of people going on strike and the crime rates).

Ambition isn't a bad thing. I think you have a lot of courage to work on so much at one time, and I could never do something like that.
Danke, I guess.

First impressions aren't everything. No matter what you've done to "annoy" people in the last year, you can fix it. I mean look at me - I created a god-awful forum game series and created a mod that wasn't even close to Shmitz' expectations.
What forum game series? :confused:
'Twas probably in the time before I joined.

Just between you and me though, I haven't seen you say a single thing to make yourself seem annoying or hopeless. You're certainly better than a lot of people around here.
Unless I'm angry, in which case I actually go overkill and... well, let's just say I've been banned at another forum because of it.

Can't believe that I actually used swear words so much that day :eek:

The forums of the Cave Story Tribute Site
Was awesome beyond possibilities.
The community is nice and helpful,
Except for those who join to annoy others.

Random as this poem-thing is,
I fail at doing so anyway,
But one has to try, at least,
No matter how random it is.

Feb 12, 2013 at 9:26 PM
Professional Whatever
What forum game series? :confused:

'Twas probably in the time before I joined.

It's best not to talk about it any more than necessary.

In any case, keep doing your best and don't let no one get you down.

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:45 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
This is your State of the Union Address!

I was worried at first, from the tone, that you were leaving. Actually, it's a pretty positive message, and a nice thanks. It might seem a little awkward at first, but it just shows you care, and the direction you want to go from here.

As always, I wish you the best Shane. Keep up your good work, and don't be burdened with apologetic sentiment.

I caught myself just now thinking, "I can't write coherently". So, instead of letting that be true, I'm pretending that I can. Try shaping, who you wish you were; pretend, (or in other words, try your best.)

Here's looking forward to a new year worth remembering!

Feb 13, 2013 at 1:09 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
MagicDoors said:
Same here. Most of my older posts were somewhat cringeworthy looking back.

Feb 13, 2013 at 10:53 AM
The Eternal Darkness
MagicDoors said:
It's best not to talk about it any more than necessary.

In any case, keep doing your best and don't let no one get you down.
That was my new years resolution, and it didn't help much, since financial problems got me down instead.
That and my cat having injuries for some reason...

Looking back in the past year, I can say one thing: I'm insanely strict sometimes :|

You could have at least told him it's one he's playing
That "Adventurer's Forest" thing? :p

This is your State of the Union Address!
* runs in horror *
* collides with wall *
* wall falls over *
* Shane gets buried under the wall *
... That would probably be possible in a video game or anime or cartoon.
I didn't really do that. It was meant as a joke.

I was worried at first, from the tone, that you were leaving. Actually, it's a pretty positive message, and a nice thanks. It might seem a little awkward at first, but it just shows you care, and the direction you want to go from here.
Anything's possible with what goes on in the mind of a teenager with mood swings so fast that not even a member of any royal family could keep up. :p
If I were leaving, then it would be because of extremely severe financial problems (even worse than those from 21 June - 23 July 2012).
And caring about others is good. Just like bacon pizza.

As always, I wish you the best Shane. Keep up your good work, and don't be burdened with apologetic sentiment.
Danke. And due to... my past, I apologize for things that can't even be apologized for (like posting or changing my avatar and signature or joining a site/forum or reporting a spambot post). I've been called out on it many times.

I caught myself just now thinking, "I can't write coherently". So, instead of letting that be true, I'm pretending that I can.
I just write what comes to mind, much easier.
Being true to oneself is important, is it not?

Try shaping, who you wish you were; pretend, (or in other words, try your best.)
Who I wish I was?
That's going to be a bit impossible, I doubt I'll suddenly develop the abilities to control ice and lightning XD

Truthfully, though, I wish I didn't have such a horrible past that had so many (literal) near-deaths, and that I wasn't as... unsocial as I am nowadays.
Is it normal for a teenager to be so quiet that he/she doesn't say anything out loud except on certain days?
The last things I said out loud was on 11 February, and before that, 1 January.

Here's looking forward to a new year worth remembering!
I agree. Hopefully without any horrible things happening...
Already bad enough that the year began with horrible things (like my grandfather's passing away on 18 January 2013)...

Same here. Most of my older posts were somewhat cringeworthy looking back.
Many people have cringe-worthy posts when they're new, but with age comes wisdom, right?

Feb 15, 2013 at 2:04 AM
CARLSOOOOOON AAAAND PEEEEETERSSSSSS!
Dude, your an amazing and swell guy and, quite frankly, even if you annoy me, I'm a forgiving fellow. Also, about the pizza elemental, I didn't get it but I found it highly amusing. Keep on truckin', bro :) .

Feb 15, 2013 at 9:41 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
I'd say something empathetic but I've never actually done anything ban worthy over the course of two months. (Since my joining date, to be exact...)