One Dog Story

Jan 15, 2016 at 7:06 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Just saw it today on greenlight. It has Cave Story style - action/adventure platform game with RPG elements, various gameplay, detailed storyline and fully interactive game world.

What do you think?

Jan 15, 2016 at 7:13 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
a link might help

Jan 15, 2016 at 7:25 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
well it's definitely cave story inspired. I briefly wondered if it was using geobox but the jump physics seemed really bad so maybe not.
did you make this

Jan 15, 2016 at 10:27 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Oh wow did anyone read the synopsis for this?
Deep underground there was a major accident in a science lab. Aftermath was terrible. By Luckily chance, a creature named EO-43 (at least, that was written on his capsule) unchained itself. This is exactly where our little friend’s adventure starts. EO-43 is so lonely in the underworld, but with your help, it will find its true identity and learn who's behind that disaster.

This reads like it was written by a 4th grader, or something. If the game itself is written like this, I can't imagine it will have the most engaging plot.

Also:
It has Cave Story style - action/adventure platform game with RPG elements, various gameplay, detailed storyline and fully interactive game world.

Your post seems to match up with the "writing style" of the synopsis/steam page, so I think it's safe to assume you're the creator. That and it's almost word for word copy pasted from the steam greenlight page.
steam greenlight page said:
One Dog Story - an action/adventure platform game with RPG elements, various gameplay, detailed storyline and fully interactive game world.

Jan 16, 2016 at 8:12 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Your post seems to match up with the "writing style" of the synopsis/steam page, so I think it's safe to assume you're the creator. That and it's almost word for word copy pasted from the steam greenlight page.
did you make this
No,I'm NOT creator of this game and YES I just copy pasted it from steam. I know author of this game story tho =)
This reads like it was written by a 4th grader, or something. If the game itself is written like this, I can't imagine it will have the most engaging plot.
Actually I didn't read synopsis.

Jan 18, 2016 at 12:35 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
It kinda looks interesting, the weapons already interest me, but I've always liked games where you have multiple weapons that shoot in different ways and such. As Noxid already noted however; the jumping physics look really weird, and it really makes me hope there aren't any near-pixel perfect jumps.

so I think it's safe to assume you're the creator
Who says he has to be the creator of it? I mean...
No,I'm NOT creator of this game and YES I just copy pasted it from steam. I know author of this game story tho =)
I hate to be a dick, but who says that this guy is not asked(or maybe even paid) to advertise this?
He might as well be the one who put it on Steam for whoever made it.
I mean, he DID know the engine after all, and it is clear that he has come here just to advertise.

Last edited: