OMG! Japanese mods! (Or possibly a DU thread) (UPDATED 2/19/9000)

Aug 20, 2011 at 6:10 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Nov 18, 2011 at 3:53 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
So apparently someone has uploaded a zip with 17 different iterations of OrgView to the Doukutsu uploader. It also has MIDIs for Toroko's Theme, Doggy Wyvern theme, and one other I don't recognize right away.

I recommend checking it out

Nov 29, 2011 at 8:47 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Re: OMG! Japanese mods! (Or possibly a DU thread)

It appears to be a timeline of OrgView in its development. [No shite, Sherlock!] Some of them only have two or four songs, no joke. I didn't listen to all the songs completely, but most of them just seem to have changed percussion and many differences are slight. 8/81 contains Wind Fortress. Wait, a few of them have Wind Fortress; some have earlier versions which I found on the uploader before. It appears 5 and 17 are the beta and final that we already know. (13 has a scary picture so watch out)

It would take me a while to translate the song names on the chance there are new ones (or old ones have different names), so that should be left to someone who can do it without a whole process. These look legit, but we could probably ask Pixel about the authenticity?

From my hacker's standpoint, of course, these are excellent for those with way fewer orgs so they don't have to use dummies or otherwise fill space.

(The MIDIs, by the way, are the Ikachan title screen theme, Toroko's Theme, and one I don't recognize but which sounds really good [Doggy Wyvern?].)

OVs with songs of note:
1: Alt Hero's End with intro oh god it's groovy - Alt Beta Living Waterway - Alt Gravity - First ever iteration of the theme song
2: Alt Meltdown - Alt Gravity - Alt Beta Living Waterway - Marks the first time I've found Moonsong gorgeous and not totally depressing... OH GOD OH COOL AWESOME GROOVY THE END PART
3: A totally groovy alt White Wall!
10: Alt Eyes of Flame - Phat alt Safety Beta
11/12: Alt Plant

Jan 30, 2012 at 3:32 PM
Veteran Member
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
Ok, Jackalope said and I quote:

The numbered doukutsu archives, like doukutsu(1), were auto-renamed so as not to overwrite the others. So you may have to do some rooting. For convenience, I can send them to you.

And seeing as I can't make head from tail out of that uploader, that's what I'm doing.

Could you send me the following mods Mr. Jackalope? It'd be very appreciated :)
(I'm quoting them from your post, so it's easier for you to identify them)
0947: Iron Bond, the cruel Curly mod. *Something* has changed since the one I gave almost everyone... no clue what.

0718: Ooh, apparently a prequel. You're Misery, and now that's what I call a bubble wand.

0507: Oh hay, Coat Story. I already had a later version: 0545. Quote and Curly have adorable little coats. Oh, did I mention it's a sequel? 'cause that's kind of important. Strange, this version actually looks more finished...

0921: Ah, this. One of the first mods I ventured to try. This was a fun sequel that cut out just when it was getting good.

0650: Haw, I loved this one. Each door leads to a different part of CS, changed just enough to make it absolutely hilarious. Even if you can't understand the words, there's enough visual gags to break your rib cage in twain.

0992: A rather interesting sequel with very nicely done custom graphics.

0988: Augh no the return of Iron Bond (0947) halp ...Though now would be a good time to mention that beyond the evil hardness, it's an interesting retelling of Cave Story following what all happened to Curly.

P.S. I would have asked via PM, but apparently I can't use those... guess I don't have enough posts yet?

Feb 3, 2012 at 10:14 PM
Certainly.

One of them is in a weird compression format (LZH), so I recommend having 7zip to open it.

(BTW, the main post has been updated.)

Feb 3, 2012 at 10:52 PM
Veteran Member
Thanks a lot! :mrgreen:

EDIT:
Ah! I made a mistake when copy pasting your descriptions of the mods. I forgot to note that I would rather like the later version of "Coat Story" (which should be 0545, not 0507 right?).

Feb 4, 2012 at 2:06 AM
Ah. No worries, here's the link: http://doukutsu.rdy....ored/up0545.zip

I was about to upload it by itself, but then I realized that would be just plain silly.

Edit: Sweet! Thanks to you, I went up in rank!

Feb 4, 2012 at 3:23 AM
Veteran Member
Huzzah!

Say, I know it's been a long time... but can you tell me which of the mods I requested are complete and which unfinished? (Besides 0921 which you clearly state is incomplete)
Do you recall still?

EDIT:
Uh... I'm kind of stuck in Iron Bond. I have no idea what to do after Momorin's rocket breaks down and Booster comes in to check it out (I imagine he needs something from me).

Feb 8, 2012 at 11:23 PM
Unfortunately, it's been so long that I can't remember much of anything about those mods. I do vaguely remember that part, though. You have to find an item, but I can't remember what or where.

Feb 9, 2012 at 6:07 PM
Veteran Member
Yeah, looking at the script I gifured he wanted me to find the Booster 0.8... but I had no idea where to get it and I'd already been everywhere, so I just hacked the save state. Unfortunately, even then I couldn't figure out how to get the best ending, so no run through hell for me :(

Anyway, for the sake of preservation, I had the names of the other mods translated:
0507 or 0545 is called Cave Story 2
0718 seems to be called hakoniwa - Miniature Garden.
0992 is called Iron Bird Story (wha...?)

0650 has proven difficult to translate.
and 0921 we couldn't find the name of.

Feb 9, 2012 at 10:36 PM
Veteran Member
I don't have anything to blackmail that much out of my friend... yet ;)

Nah, seriously, he says he's not good enough with the language.

Feb 22, 2012 at 2:00 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
What happened to 0925? i really want to see what happens when you get an awfully short hell run time :p (my map editing attempts didn't work all that much, i keep tripping up on ballos, and getting around 4:32 "4)

Feb 24, 2012 at 1:56 AM
Feb 24, 2012 at 11:33 AM
The Eternal Darkness
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Well. Japanese mods? Reminds me of La-Mulana, which I once played in it's original language (Japanese) due to accidentally overwriting the English version with the Japanese. And that's on my other computer, which I can't use due to it crashing since it got fixed last year. And I couldn't use the CD or DVD drives. Pity the La-Mulana mods and the La-Mulana Editor aren't translated, I'd probably make a mod of La-Mulana too.

Back to the main topic, which ten mods are the most difficult? For some strange reason, I like difficult games (La-Mulana beaten in less than twelve hours) and that said, my CS mod is deliberately made more difficult. The ten most difficult mods may be awesome, although I dislike the speed-run thing (I go by my own speed).

Jul 6, 2012 at 1:22 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Yoooooooo

Can someone give me the link to download Stone of Peace?

Oh and off topic but Boostmania EX as well.

~Kay tnx~ <3

Jul 6, 2012 at 2:00 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Can't remember where exactly it is sorry; hopefully someone else will or know where to start looking

Jul 11, 2012 at 9:55 PM
Mrs. Policewoman
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Can someone give me a download link for the iron bond?
It's a Japanese mod that I want to try out.

Jul 11, 2012 at 10:01 PM
Based Member
If you had looked through this thread, you'd have seen this post which should lead you to Iron Bond.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 13, 2012 at 1:47 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Should have thanked you sooner sorry.

But thanks DoubleThink I'm just eagerly awaiting for that to happen now.