Old versions of Pink Hour?

Oct 15, 2015 at 10:05 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Hey so this quote from YinylCheese got me thinking
I just wanted to say that the unaltered trailer music for Gero Blaster can be found in the earlier release of Pink Hour.

Does anyone out there have any older version(s) of Pink Hour that I could have a copy of?
All I have right now it 1.07, don't know if there was a version for 0-6 or not, but if you have something and wouldn't mind uploading somewhere for me, I would really appreciate it!

Oct 15, 2015 at 10:25 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I have an older version from before Kero Blaster was released that doesn't have the Version part in the title screen. The level for the game was also significantly more difficult than the V1.07 demo. It also has the original Gero Blaster trailer music. I can upload it, if you like.

Oct 15, 2015 at 10:26 PM
I have an older version from before Kero Blaster was released that doesn't have the Version part in the title screen. The level for the game was also significantly more difficult than the V1.07 demo. It also has the original Gero Blaster trailer music. I can upload it, if you like.
Yes please! Thanks so much!

Oct 15, 2015 at 10:51 PM
War criminal
Sorry for the wait. Firefox was acting weird on me so I had to restart my computer.
Here's the download!
There are some stuff I would like to point out on the files in the compressed folder:
- I couldn't find the original zip folder so I had to make a new one for it. I hope you don't mind.
- Long story short, I accidentally edited the old kb_room_a ptcop file used in this demo when I was messing with PxTone some time ago. Because it's the same for both versions, I replaced the edited file with the file from the 1.07 version.

Oct 15, 2015 at 11:07 PM
Thanks so much! Neither of those things matter one bit, don't mind at all. Thanks again!

Oct 16, 2015 at 5:14 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
the version number should be in the readme
I have V1.0.0

Oct 16, 2015 at 6:02 AM
War criminal
I just checked my copy. It's version 1.0.0

Oct 17, 2015 at 8:58 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
I have 1.0.1.0, 1.0.6.3, and 1.0.7.3 (the current version). However the Gero Blaster theme still plays in the current version. VinylCheese obviously failed to realise that Pink Hour and Pink Heaven were different games.

The old version (up to 1.0.1.0) is pretty much reused as the hard mode for later versions of Pink Hour (some really minor changes, but nothing particularly noteworthy). The old version's title screen also had no music and depicts a daytime setting rather than a nighttime one. Between the current version and the old version you really aren't missing much.

Oh and 1.0.6.3 lacks the promo cutscene for Kero Blaster found in 1.0.7.3, but is identical to 1.0.7.3 in every other aspect.

Have a link:
http://www.cavestory.org/downloads/PinkHourEn-v1010.zip

This is the original .zip file.

Also 1.0.1.0 shows the version as 1.0.0 in the readme.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2015 at 9:42 PM
His post was from April or May, so it wasn't that. He meant the ORIGINAL version of the Gero Blaster theme (the one in the trailer), the one heard in later versions is "My Precious Days" which is a, I guess remix, of the same song. Thanks for the download link to 1.01!

Oct 19, 2015 at 2:10 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Well I can't hear any difference between the versions in 1.0.6.3 and 1.0.7.3, unless I am missing something. On the other hand 1.0.1.0 doesn't have the song in any form. As far as I am aware there are no other publicly released versions for Pink Hour.

Oct 19, 2015 at 3:12 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
It's in the files of the very original release (1.0.0 if the above users are correct), and it isn't played on the title screen. In this version, the audio is 100% identical to the Gero Blaster trailer music, likely because it was not used until the (1.0update. (And yes, I'm aware that Pink Heaven exists.)

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2015 at 2:15 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
It's in the files of the very original release (1.0.0 if the above users are correct), and it isn't played on the title screen. In this version, the audio is 100% identical to the Gero Blaster trailer music, likely because it was not used until the (1.0update. (And yes, I'm aware that Pink Heaven exists.)
Turns out that you are correct. The original Gero Blaster theme is indeed in the files but not used. However I must stress that the first release was 1.0.1.0, not 1.0.0. The readme for the 1.0.1.0 release contained the wrong version number.

And the 1.0update you are talking about is 1.0.6.3.

Oct 19, 2015 at 2:19 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Alright. I was going off of what the others had said as I don't have access to the PC with said version at the moment.

And for the "(1.0update" part, I was originally going to write "(1.0.6?)" but I must have changed my mind and accidentally didn't delete the whole thing.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2015 at 6:30 PM
Serenity now, insanity later.
"..."
The very first version only had a hard mode. Thats the only major difference i believe...

Nov 22, 2015 at 12:27 AM
I believe he's saying that the easy mode didn't exist in the early version.