Ok, big trouble

May 23, 2006 at 8:09 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Sue's Workshop: PATCH NEEDED

The editor works only if the main game exe file dosen't become corrupted.
So the editor needs to insert an option to allow us to be able to freely browse the game stage folder to load a map from (loading a map that is OUTSIDE THE Doutkutsu.exe file from the stage folder) , for it is no good just being able to create a new map and read only maps from inside the exe file for if that exe game file becomes corrupted or overwritten accidentally, then disaster happens, Sue then loses track of all the custom made maps that it's created and they no longer show up anymore in the map index for editing and that's what happened.....

Ok now that this has happened and I'm back to 94 maps again, how do I get my custom maps back? For there is no File/Browse option in the editor to even search for my custom maps to put them back in the editor !!

For if there is no way to get them back, then THAT DEFEATS THE WHOLE PURPOSE OF THE EDITOR AND LOCKS US OUT OF OUR CUSTOM LEVELS AND CAN'T EDIT THEM and we're back to square one again with the default 94 maps again OF THE GAME while all our custom maps are sitting in the stages folder doing nothing because the editor can't access them because it's looking for whats stored in the main exe file and not the stage folder !!!

Can someone please get ahold of ProEich (the author) and ask him to release out a patch.

May 26, 2006 at 12:32 AM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Well, mailed him, but he seems to be busy, so also GET YOUR BRAIN TO WORK TECHNIKA!
I often used my brain... Well sorry, for that.
There is a way, just look at your FILENAME of the Map, example:
If your map is named SPUR (not the Title, the Filename!) and was the Firstmap then just rename the Filename of the Firstmap into SPUR, but the Title, Tileset and NPC Set you must sett by yourself...

Well and i don't use ADDing maps ttooo, 94 are enought...

May 26, 2006 at 2:46 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Must I Destroy 15 levels of the game just to get my custom stuff back again in the editor ?

Hmm think I will wait for this patch before I think of having to do that.

May 27, 2006 at 6:39 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
technika said:
Must I Destroy 15 levels of the game just to get my custom stuff back again in the editor ?
I haven't used Sue's Workshop but, would it be possible to make 15 new dummy/blank levels in Sue's Workshop then replace them with your already completed levels? By renaming filenames? Sorry if I'm totally off, just wanted to throw this in just in case.

Oh and as common practice I reccomend making copies of working versions of your work each time you verify it's.... working! I know it's a lot of work, but it's better then losing a lot of work! Hope this works for you!

Don't know why I just used work that many times lol
Just trying to help~

May 27, 2006 at 7:20 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I haven't really lost my work, just a corrupt exe file... But I like this idea, I may have to still do a fresh reinstall to be on the safe side and then make the blank map files and then copy over the contents of my custom maps into it. (Wish these kind of tips were writen in Sue's Help file ! That editor needs one !)

The only thing remaining then would be to sort out the maps in their correct order (a little tricky and may have to change the TRA values to the new order if I can't remember the right order.)

The scripting takes the longest to do. All that constant testing and playing switching back and forth all the time. It's time-consuming.

May 27, 2006 at 4:37 PM
"Huzzah!"
before you delete your corrupt exe make a list of your new maps in the correct order then use it for reference when you make the new exe

you should take the time to swich back and forth it'll be easyier to fix problems one at a time rather than just scripting everything first and then going back to fix a big confusing mess of problems