Of all the places.

Jun 11, 2008 at 12:32 AM
/end
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Why did Quote wake up in the first cave?

Jun 11, 2008 at 2:26 AM
/end
The game never says they were teleported after injuring one of the Crown Bearers.

And don't come in my thread and saying "think next time" and "close the thread", you don't see me coming into your stupid threads saying that.

Jun 11, 2008 at 2:31 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Quote was left for dead! Probably buried/placed into the cave due to what happened 10 years ago. Nobody probably expected him to wake up, and during the events of Cave Story of all times...

Quote is a mysterious one!

Jun 11, 2008 at 2:37 AM
Guy with Sword
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Quote was left for dead! Probably buried/placed into the cave due to what happened 10 years ago. Nobody probably expected him to wake up, and during the events of Cave Story of all times...
I always thought that the frequency Kazuma was trying to use to communicate on the computer woke him up, and that's why he keeps hearing it during the beginning of the game.

Jun 11, 2008 at 2:54 AM
/end
Atravir said:
I always thought that the frequency Kazuma was trying to use to communicate on the computer woke him up, and that's why he keeps hearing it during the beginning of the game.

But that doesn't explain how Quote got in that cave in the first place.

JacobX891 said:
it said they were injuring one of the crown bearers.

and if they weren't teleported, or someone didn't teleport there, well then who the hell do you suppose brought them there? cuz it seems to me that everyone in this whole damn game is too lazy to walk anywhere.

That's why I made this thread.

A more logical thing to believe is that while fighting one of the Crown Bearers their was an explosion during the fight, but that doesn't explain how Quote got in the cave without making a huge hole.

Jun 11, 2008 at 3:15 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
A more logical thing to believe is that while fighting one of the Crown Bearers their was an explosion during the fight, but that doesn't explain how Quote got in the cave without making a huge hole.

Maybe someone fixed the hole.

Jun 11, 2008 at 3:21 AM
Slacker
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Atravir said:

... :p

I like this man's idea.

Jun 11, 2008 at 3:22 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Jun 11, 2008 at 4:46 AM
Guy with Sword
MetaSeraphim said:
But that doesn't explain how Quote got in that cave in the first place.
It's probably just coincidence. I'm sure there's hundreds of little random cave branches like that that Quote never gets into because there's no need. If you've ever been in a real cave, it's not just one direction; it's many spindly tunnels and caverns. Quote just happened to end up in one after several years; probably a heavy rain or rock slide knocked his body into a hole that led to it.
Really, I believe it's just a game thing. Pixel needed a nice introductory area for Quote to run around in before getting into the main plot line, so he put together a random cave that just happened to have a gunsmith in it for Quote to steal a gun from.

Jun 11, 2008 at 6:04 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Because it is "First Cave", not "Seventh Cave". :D

Seriously though, are there any other places where he could go unnoticed for so long?

Jun 11, 2008 at 6:22 AM
Guy with Sword
andwhyisit said:
Seriously though, are there any other places where he could go unnoticed for so long?
So what if there were twenty or so robots like Quote, and all of the rest just got dismantled because they were found? Oh, shi-

Jun 11, 2008 at 6:59 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Well there was that place in the labyrinth, but those robots didn't exactly go unnoticed...

Jun 11, 2008 at 11:07 AM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Play BB's mod, you'll know
Maybe through a huge hole, and the hole was coincidentally fixed with earthquake as in the Jenka's Nightmare..
But then again that only happens in Jenka's Nightmare... where was the earthquake in the original game?

Jun 11, 2008 at 11:44 AM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Maybe he woke up in a cave because after they fought the crown bearer there was an earthquake, one exactly like the earthquake after beating the doctor, and Quote was burried and in the process became unconscious. The earthquake just so happens to burry Quote in a cave branch with a hp refiller and save point (wow nice technology!) and cover the hole up.

Jun 11, 2008 at 3:58 PM
Respwnt
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Misamisa said she fought a bot 10 years ago. It was probably Quote himself, but with his changed appearance she couldn't be sure. After he beat the berarer Misamisa was free to do what she liked, so she teleported him and magicked him to regain consiousness when a new Crownbearer appeared. Quote was close to regaining full consiousness when he recieved the transmission.

Jun 11, 2008 at 4:02 PM
Roonil Wazlib said:
Misamisa said she fought a bot 10 years ago. It was probably Quote himself, but with his changed appearance she couldn't be sure. After he beat the berarer Misamisa was free to do what she liked, so she teleported him and magicked him to regain consiousness when a new Crownbearer appeared. Quote was close to regaining full consiousness when he recieved the transmission.

That's possible... but why would Miza want Quote to wake up when there was a new Crownbearer?

Jun 11, 2008 at 4:07 PM
Respwnt
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Fuzz said:
That's possible... but why would Miza want Quote to wake up when there was a new Crownbearer?
She woulda predicted that she'd be totally under obligation of the Crownbearer, but her sense of righteousness might have made her plan things out.

Jun 11, 2008 at 4:14 PM
Roonil Wazlib said:
She woulda predicted that she'd be totally under obligation of the Crownbearer, but her sense of righteousness might have made her plan things out.

But then there would be someone else to challenge her and her master.