Not like anyone used the Social groups, but what happened?

Feb 23, 2010 at 1:16 AM
The Town Bicycle *cough*
"Keep on rollin'!"
It goes to my stuff just fine.

Feb 23, 2010 at 1:17 AM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Eh? Which linky is this? I tried all links in the corners and none of them made a popup menu...

Feb 23, 2010 at 1:31 AM
The Town Bicycle *cough*
"Keep on rollin'!"
I think Lace's computer is just mean.

Feb 23, 2010 at 1:32 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Welcome, Lace.
You last visited: February 22nd, 2010 at 07:03 PM
Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 100.
Your PM box is 100% full.

the one that sez private massage.

Feb 23, 2010 at 1:33 AM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Maybe because it's full it acts differently?

Feb 23, 2010 at 1:34 AM
I doubt it, I've been full for the last five weeks, and it was working normally until today.

Feb 23, 2010 at 3:08 AM
Banned
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
wedge of cheese said:

STOP, STOP, STOP. Someone else is using that domain now! DON'T POST THAT.

Feb 23, 2010 at 3:18 AM
The Town Bicycle *cough*
"Keep on rollin'!"
Fire...

You need to chill...

(if that's possible)

Feb 23, 2010 at 3:21 AM
meep
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Seeing as the most recent update on that site is "Horse bangs Chubby Really hard," I would not advise posting it.

Feb 23, 2010 at 3:23 AM
The Town Bicycle *cough*
"Keep on rollin'!"
What the....

Wow... So much can happen in such short time...

Feb 23, 2010 at 3:49 AM
Banned
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
whyme said:
What the....

Wow... So much can happen in such short time...

Short time? Long time, more like.

Feb 23, 2010 at 4:02 AM
/end
They were hardly a big deal in the first place. This forum existed for over 4 years before it even got those things.

So a piece of the forum isn't gone.

Feb 23, 2010 at 12:17 PM
the point is that the majority of this forum joined after they did exists, so removing them is taking down part of the forums.

Feb 23, 2010 at 1:52 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Lace said:
the point is that the majority of this forum joined after they did exists, so removing them is taking down part of the forums.
Hahahaha no.

I didn't have anything to do with this but neither of those things have ever really been used (outside of the odd case, sorry Fab :( ). Unless you folks really wanna know whodunit I don't think there's much more productive that can come of this thread. Unless... humm, maybe it's time for a clean-up in general...

Feb 23, 2010 at 6:47 PM
/end
Lace said:

DoubleThink said:
Hahahaha no.

This.

There are only 2 members who joined after those things were added that actually stayed around and active.

So, no, a piece of the forum was not lost.

Feb 23, 2010 at 9:39 PM
but what was your incentive to remove them?

Feb 23, 2010 at 10:28 PM
/end
Wait, why am I always the one who changes things around here?

Each time something gets changed it gets complained about and it's faulted on me. Thomas got me to help with the revamp of the forums which lead you on a campaign on either I go from the forums or you go. Even though what was changed with the forums was agreed between 4 Admins (at the time) and me. I was just the one who implemented the ideas we agreed on and I got all the blame, because no other staff member on this forum could do no wrong, dear God no, it's all me.

And then when the rep system got turned on and DoubleThink basically crucified me without a lick of proof that I was the one who did it. Which was pushed under a rug without so much a sorry.

And now this. Each time something changes everyone has to complain, and one person goes crazy blaming me in such a way that I am the worst person on the forum and should be kicked off for doing horrible things I didn't even do.

Now, I wasn't the one who removed them, but I can add and remove them if I wanted. And I would have at least removed the social groups myself since they were unless, the albums at least still had some use. But before you go around saying it was me you should make sure it was me.

Whoever is changing things I don't blame them for not saying anything. Each time one little thing gets changed everybody acts like it's the end of the forum.

Also, just so I get the proper blame for changing stuff I actually did I am going to list the things I've changed up to this point.

Changed the format of the forums and add a few new forums.

I changed the post character limit since the old one was too small and was no longer needed since we no longer had a bad spambot problem.

I changed the little thing at the bottom which leads to the main Mirai Gamer site since it had a typo.

I fixed the calendar.

And I removed the vistor thing since people were abusing it.

Feel free to blame me for any of those since I actually was the one who changed those things.

Feb 23, 2010 at 10:42 PM
what?
I didn't just mean you, that "your" was encompassing the entire staff, sorry that I offended you. I recognize what you did and most of it is pretty good, so thank you.
Meta said:
I can add and remove them if I wanted.
could you oh so pretty please add albums again?

Meta said:
Each time one little thing gets changed everybody acts like it's the end of the forum.
Maybe because we aren't told? If they told us beforehand they were doing it, I for one wouldn't tweak as much. It also seems like some sort of weird control complex if someone messes around with the forums without telling us why. Maybe you can still change the forums unexpectedly, but please just give us your logic.

Feb 23, 2010 at 10:46 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Things laid bare....

Lace said:
I recognize what you did and most of it is pretty good, so thank you. but, err, what visitor thing? visitor messages?
The little Recent Visitors/Visitor Counts thing.
Some people went around, increasing random people's profiles by hundreds at a time by hitting Refresh over and over and over....
We had a brand new member have over 600 views or something, I believe it was Cyo....

Feb 23, 2010 at 10:48 PM
/end
Eh, sorry too on my part. But due to the past I saw "your" as a saying it was me, though I did overreact a little.

Since the albums still have a use I believe I'll add them here in a minute, but I won't be adding social groups back due to uselessness. Another staff member with the power can always add them back if they really want them though.

Vistor count, on your user profile it was under "Friends". People abused it getting their count into the 10,000's so I removed it.