Nicalis, please.

Jan 19, 2017 at 5:24 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Hello! I'm brand new to these forums, but definitely not to Cave Story. I grew up with the game, actually, and it stands as my favorite, as I'm sure it does with plenty in you! Anyways, part of the reason I came here is to see if ANYBODY has any idea why Nicalis and the official Cave Story Twitter is posting images of a brand new Quote render in what seems to me a model editor like MMD. Has this been talked about, or should I continue assuming they're playing with my feelings at a sequel?

Jan 19, 2017 at 5:34 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I doubt a sequel made by either Pixel or Nicalis would ever surface. That render does look rather interesting, though. CS3D on Switch, anyone?
p357108-0-cxl5plpuoaayzu.jpg

Jan 19, 2017 at 5:41 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Yeah, seeing how this game is was a side project Pixel did solely out of spare time, I would be worried it wouldn't happen. I'm not saying he doesn't care, as I'm sure he's proud of Cave Story, but it seems logical! I hope the render is used not for a CS3D, but a CSHD instead! (That may have been what you meant, haha) Just imagine Jenka's puppies in HIGH DEFINITION makes me happy, haha.

Jan 19, 2017 at 5:53 AM
War criminal
The model definitely isn't from Runner 2, so another CS port can't be ruled out.

Jan 19, 2017 at 7:08 AM
Professional Whatever
who in their right minds would buy another port of cave story

Jan 19, 2017 at 11:59 PM
Forever 12
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
who in their right minds would buy another port of cave story

Me, probably. I've bought and beat Cave Story on just about every platform except Nintendo DSi, as I never owned one (I always loved the idea of a Nintendo DSi port of Cave Story though, I don't know why. Maybe if I find a way to sideload downloaded dsiware apps onto the 3ds, I might give it a try).

Jan 21, 2017 at 4:55 PM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
They'd have to have a SERIOUS amount of new content to bring in another port, either that or they'd have to get it pushed as a starting title so that a large new audience could play it (because Cave Story is not a widely known title).

Sep 20, 2017 at 11:30 PM
CSE Discord Admin
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
They'd have to have a SERIOUS amount of new content to bring in another port, either that or they'd have to get it pushed as a starting title so that a large new audience could play it (because Cave Story is not a widely known title).

It's very true that Cave Story is a obscure game to most gamers. In fact, I discovered Cave Story by clicking the "Random Page" button on Wikipedia. It does have a very dedicated fanbase. To compare, look at the Sonic Fanbase (It's the same, just it isn't obscure, even though without Sonic Mania I believe that most kids would believe Sonic to be a Nintendo character).