New style

Oct 11, 2010 at 5:09 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
DoubleThink said:
Not a huge fan honestly, makes the place look like those maths/coding forums I run into when I'm trying to find help with assignment questions.

Yeah it burns my eyes...

Default Miraigamer style is the best. Neutral grayish greenish brown is the best colour.

Oct 12, 2010 at 5:34 PM
graters gonna grate
One tiny little thing that bugs me:

When you have notifications, the little arrow that appears is so small, I often miss it. Maybe make it larger (like about the size of the Demon Crown that appears in CS Dark).

Oct 12, 2010 at 5:35 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I quite agree with woodenrat. And since the default MG style is still an option, I've certainly got nothing to complain about. I like the color scheme of the newest one better than the other two CS ones, though, because the colours look more like they belong together rather than just being arbitrarily chosen.

Oct 14, 2010 at 9:45 AM
Assistance
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Would any of you guys consider editing the button graphics as well? Such as the Quote, edit, or the reply buttons? If any of you want, I could probably try to make the buttons for you guys, but I'm just asking. Personally, I really like this new design! There are just a few things that may need polishing, like the buttons. They kind of don't fit the scheme, only the colors.. But that's just me.

Sorry about this coming out of the blue, It just struck me to ask.

Oct 14, 2010 at 2:56 PM
graters gonna grate
Yeah, I agree. They could stand to be more "Cave-Story-ish". Also some of them have little anti-alias halos.

Oct 15, 2010 at 1:54 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Ralren said:
Would any of you guys consider editing the button graphics as well? Such as the Quote, edit, or the reply buttons? If any of you want, I could probably try to make the buttons for you guys, but I'm just asking. Personally, I really like this new design! There are just a few things that may need polishing, like the buttons. They kind of don't fit the scheme, only the colors.. But that's just me.
Go for it.

Ralren said:
out of the blue
lol

Oct 15, 2010 at 5:23 AM
/end
I would still like to ask if the GameFlaws skin could possibly be imported.

Oct 15, 2010 at 10:05 PM
Pirate Member
Can you please make it so ARGH my eyes isn't the default skin when you visit the website? Before you say "lol woodenrat you can set whichever skin you want in your user CP" I'd like to state that this doesn't change the skin which appears when you visit miraigamer logged out. "but woodenrat just click <remember me> when you log in". Hey fuck you asshole this is a shared laptop, I don't want to keep all my history and cookies just to avoid this skin.

Oct 15, 2010 at 10:22 PM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
"hey woodenrat why don't you save up some money for your own computer"

Oct 16, 2010 at 12:16 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
I think it's a lot crisper and more professional than the other skins in all honesty.
It's good to set good first impressions, having this as a default skin could help attract more new users, the first generation of true cs tribute site forums o:
hopefully they don't suck.

Oct 16, 2010 at 3:42 AM
/end
cultr1 said:
hopefully they don't suck.

Pftttttttttttttbaaahahahahahahahahahahaaaaa. Man, if this forum had a "Post Of The Week/Month/Year" type thing I would totally nominate this post for it. Never before in my 10 year history of browsing forums have I ever been so temped to quote a post in my sig, but sadly your post just isn't enough to take my gifs over despite it being the best post I have ever seen on this forum bar none.

Oct 16, 2010 at 4:39 AM
The Town Bicycle *cough*
"Keep on rollin'!"
I don't really like it as much as the default Miraigamer background.

Oct 16, 2010 at 10:21 AM
Assistance
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Awesome, the buttons are up! Thanks again Andwhyisit for allowing me to make them for you guys, it was a honor to do so.

Oct 16, 2010 at 10:23 AM
Pirate Member
explosive said:
"hey woodenrat why don't you save up some money for your own computer"

Hey man, fu...! Actually I have nothing to say to that.

Oct 16, 2010 at 2:04 PM
Ralren said:
Awesome, the buttons are up! Thanks again Andwhyisit for allowing me to make them for you guys, it was a honor to do so.

*looks at quote post button*
O I C WAT U DID THAR

nice buttons, bro.

Oct 16, 2010 at 2:35 PM
graters gonna grate
Yes, very nice :(. The only thing that kinda irks me is that vertical blue line on the edit button.

Oct 16, 2010 at 4:42 PM
Wedge of Cheese said:
Yes, very nice :(. The only thing that kinda irks me is that vertical blue line on the edit button.

I'm pretty sure that is part of the ghost sprite.
It looks awkward though, but it helps define where the button ends and the sprite begins.

Oct 16, 2010 at 9:56 PM
graters gonna grate
It would look better if the outline went all the way around the ghost instead of just being in that one spot.

Kinda like what I did here:

forward.gif

I made it for the "Forward" button in private messages. I didn't add the text because I didn't know what font Ralren used. Also, it'd probably have to be made longer in order for the word "Forward" to fit.

Oct 16, 2010 at 11:30 PM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
Here's the button adjusted to the size of the normal icons that Ralren made (Quote, Multi Quote, etc)
ForwardIcon.png

I also changed the outline of Basil, because it was bugging me.

Each letter should be 7 spaces long, and a couple of them merge into other letters (so the combined length of those mentioned letters would be 13), although I'm not sure what letters they are, I'll let Ralren figure that out, 'cause he's the one who chose the font in the first place.

The red line represents where you should start and stop the text, and it's been appropriately sized (I hope). The rest is up to you.

-edit-
I also changed the backround for Quote and his dark clone in the "Quote Post" button, cause it was bugging me. Also I just realized that there should be a space (probably 7 charecters) between where the letter ends and the border. Whoops.
QuotePostedit.png

(which one do you like better?)

-edit 2-
actually, the reply button on the PMs doesn't have a space between the letters and the border, so the current image actually keeps it constant. And I did another edit <.<
NewThreadedit.png

seriously, that bubble should NOT be black.