New Style Template for MiraiGamer Forums

Jan 25, 2009 at 11:06 AM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
I've just finished editing a new style template to overwrite the existing default style for the forums. The layout for this looks lot nicer and it is a bit more playful as well. : )

I hope you will enjoy it, and for those that already use another style besides the default, I encourage you to at least check it out.

I hoping to create similar L-Shaped Banner for each of the respective Miraigamer Forum categories eventually, Cave Story being next when I can get around to creating another one. For now please enjoy the first of several new template redesigns to come.

Also, the plan is not to overwrite the Cave Story Dark/Lite styles, but to add a newer version to the set. I'll leave the classic styles intact for those that enjoy using them.

-SkyeWelse

Jan 25, 2009 at 6:25 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Good work! It looks really good :D

Jan 25, 2009 at 6:40 PM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
Thanks. Though I'm working at a pretty high resolution, so I didn't think about users who are on standard resolution monitors like 800 x 600 and 1280 x 1040. So I need to go back into it and adjust it more. If you are experiencing problems, for now perhaps it's best to use an older template that does not have that resolution issue.

-SkyeWelse

Jan 31, 2009 at 10:47 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Yeah, you probably do want to make some adjustments. I am using 1024x768, and I frequently end up with horizontal scroll bars (which is somewhat annoying), and that rarely happened with the old style. I like the new graphics, though.

Feb 3, 2009 at 8:57 PM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
Thanks for the comments. Yeah I kind of chopped off the side of the top banner graphic a little early thinking that it might help with the table resizing for some of the lower resolution users. It ended up not making any difference in the long run and I just forgot to upload the original image.

But I might end up not using this template as the default afterall since there do seem to be problems for those that are viewing it at a lower resolution. I'll need to spend some time and think of a different template to modify that will work for most visitors.

-SkyeWelse