NEW Cave Story Piano Sheet Music Collection!

Jul 27, 2017 at 7:08 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hello, all! I just wanted to post about my recently completed project to recreate the music of cave story into piano sheet music format! (Woo!) I know that this sort of thing has been done before, but I have never really found sheet music for Cave Story which I thought did it justice, which is why I decided to take it upon myself to do just that! Not only that, but this new collection includes the complete OST in addition to a large number of extra tracks which were not included in the final game (beta music, unused music, duets, etc. see the complete list below).

Track List
01 Access
02 Gestation
03 Mimiga Town
04 Plant
05 Balrog's Theme
06 Gravity
07 Cemetery
08 Safety
09 Mischievous Robot
10 Pulse
11 On to Grasstown
12 Eyes of Flame
13 Meltdown 2
14 Tyrant
15 Run!
16 Jenka 1
17 Jenka 2
18 Labyrinth Fight
19 Geothermal
20 Oppression
21 Living Waterway
22 Quiet
23 Scorching Back
24 Moonsong
25 Hero's End
26 Cave Story (Plantation)
27 Last Cave
28 Balcony
29 Charge
30 Zombie
31 Last Battle
32 Break Down
33 Running Hell (Curly's Theme)
34 Seal Chamber
35 The Way Back Home
36 Got Item!
37 Get Heart Tank!
38 Victory!
39 Game Over
40 Toroko's Theme
41 White

Extra Tracks
42 Wind Fortress
43 Halloween 2
44 Pier Walk (Unused)
45 Snoopy Cake (Rockorg) (Unused)
46 Meltdown (Unused)
47 People of the Root (Unused)
48 Plant (Beta)
49 Meltdown (Beta)
50 Oppression (Beta)
51 Hero's End (Beta)
52 Last Battle (Beta)
53 White (Beta)
54 Plant (Four Hands)
55 Last Battle (Two Pianos)

All tracks have been transcribed and arranged by me, Jonathan Langan (Olimar12345)
[PDF of the Cave Story OST (tracks 1-41)]
[PDF of the Cave Story OST + Extra Tracks (tracks 1-55)]

These will eventually be hosted on NinSheetMusic. Currently, about half of them are available there to download, while the remaining tracks are hosted on [my forum post] (You'll have to scroll down to the Cave Story section). MUS (Finale) and Midi files are also available for download there (under my username).

I would also be greatly appreciative if we could host these on this site as well so that other CS fans may find them. Is there a procedure that I would need to follow to get them there?

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2017 at 6:41 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
I am truly in awe of the dedication you have for this game. How long did this project take?
Also, you might want to consider posting this on reddit, there's a sub for cavestory there!

Jul 30, 2017 at 4:12 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Thank you for your kind words! I appreciate it. I'm not sure how much time went into it exactly, since it wasn't a start-to-finish sort of project. Initially I just did about a dozen or so that I really wanted to do (probably around 2013-ish?) and have added to that every so often over the coming years. About a month ago I noticed how many had accumulated and then decided to prioritize completing the OST, organizing them into a collection. It was a really fun project and I am glad to see it finally completed! :)

Jul 30, 2017 at 8:24 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Jul 31, 2017 at 12:36 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Thank you so much!

Aug 12, 2018 at 3:15 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Sorry for the bump, but I also have piano arrangements from other Studio Pixel titles, such as Azarashi, Ikachan, and Kero Blaster. Should I post these here too?