Need help contacting Nicalis - anyone here done so?

Feb 13, 2018 at 4:38 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
But if I make it myself it won't be the original intended ending.
You have two choices.
a) Complete it
b) Accept that Shmitz will never work on JN again. It has been nine years.

Feb 13, 2018 at 5:58 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Hell, there are already two reinterpretations of Jenka's Nightmare, I'm sure one more won't hurt (just be prepared for people to call it JNRRR, or Jenka's Nightmare Revived Revived Revived)

Feb 23, 2018 at 5:36 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
But why hasn't Nicalis responded to my email or my Twitter comments at all, especially when they respond to quite a few Twitter comments?

Feb 23, 2018 at 6:49 AM
War criminal
But why hasn't Nicalis responded to my email or my Twitter comments at all, especially when they respond to quite a few Twitter comments?
Nicalis is a pretty big company in the indie business, they have like, 100K followers, so it's understandable if they don't respond to literally everything that is sent to them. Sorry, m8

Feb 23, 2018 at 7:36 AM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
They don't care.

It's the tough heart-piercing truth.

This will never exist as officially supported by NiCALiS.

Schmitz moved on. It's been a decade and no matter what he wrote long ago he is done.

For legal and practical reasons I don't NiCALiS could even get this official.

What you strive to make happen is not possible under the dumb NiCALiS umbrella, and the only way to make it exist is to take our help and we'll make it together as fans.

I mean, these forums, the 5 or so discord groups, and even the subreddit all piss on NiCALiS's name because we know this is a the shit they pull.

NiCALiS gave up on you, give up on them. Please.

Feb 23, 2018 at 5:41 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
1. They almost definitely read the tweets sent to them before they reply (??) and this would cause them not to answer to a touchy subject like this.
2. Without Pixel's, NiCALIS' and Smitz's permission, this is all just a fantasy. If we do it here, we don't need Pixel's or NiCALIS' permission.
This needs to be dropped. You could make a new thread and assemble a few other people to help you make it, for all I care. But you aren't gonna get to NiCALIS.

Feb 23, 2018 at 5:52 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Most (if not pretty much all) companies are jerks that don't like to take the ideas of an individual unless they got some notable background, just because that individual walks up to them.

Feb 24, 2018 at 1:24 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Okay if you really want to get NiCALIS to notice you, you have to walk down to NiCALIS HQ with a protest sign saying "We Want Jenkas Nightmare+ NOW" until they finally make it.

NiCALIS's address is:
Nicalis, Inc.
1122 Berni St
Santa Ana, CA 92703

this will probably end up with Tyrone Rodriguez telling you to get off his lawn or else he will delay X game for Y months in Z country.

Jun 14, 2018 at 6:05 AM
I was just thinking about this today, and so...

Why is it okay for Nicalis, Tyrone, and Mark to just ignore me like that? Like, I don't think I've ever come across as confrontative, only eager and/or confused.

Also, I have to admit that there are a few things that are preventing me from just going along with upscaling ZarroTsu's remake:
1. That would first require a fan-made upscaling of the original Cave Story (I don't know where it was ever originally said, but apparently the CS+ graphics are not reusable by fans)
2. I honestly don't like the 2X art style in the first place. That's right, I only went along with the whole thing so it would appeal to Nicalis.

I've actually tried to start on a 2X graphics version of CS by myself, but if I just smooth out the original pixels, that means there's no extra detail added so you should just play the original. But it looks really weird if I do try to add extra detail, because the game is built to be nondetailed in the first place. For an example of how I haven't been able to make additional detail work, look at the American CS3D box art. So believe me, it's not that I think I could do better than Nicalis' attempt. I'm just not sure how to make Cave Story 2X look good in the first place.
And I kind of can't do anything for JNZ in 1X since it's, you know, already made in 1X.

Jun 14, 2018 at 6:24 AM
War criminal
I'm pretty sure @Hax4Ever has something for most graphics under construction, you'd need someone to do the original graphics, though

Jun 14, 2018 at 6:55 AM
I'm pretty sure @Hax4Ever has something for most graphics under construction, you'd need someone to do the original graphics, though
Link please? I don't want to hassle him about it

Jun 14, 2018 at 6:57 AM
War criminal
Just go here and whatever.