Need help contacting Nicalis - anyone here done so?

Jan 7, 2018 at 4:48 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Hello guys,

So, I made something based on a game owned by Nicalis in September. So I used their contact form, but no response. Then I tried their blog, then Twitter, then Tyrone's Twitter...

I haven't got any single response or acknowledgement!

Does anyone here know a better way to contact them, or have a connection to one of the personnel to confirm that I am not a scammer or something?

I don't want to spoil anything due to not wanting to play the company's hand about announcements before they're ready, but I think you guys in particular would get a kick out of what I sent them months ago.

Sincerely,
P-Tux7

Edit: I made and proposed graphics for something like an expansion pack to a certain one of their games.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2018 at 5:08 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Unfortunately, NICALiS isn't very reliable when it comes to getting back to you when you contact them. I tried contacting them once, and they never got back to me. Tyrone has an account here, but he's not super active.

Jan 7, 2018 at 9:32 PM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
The chance of NICALiS responding is about the same as the likeliness of NEW WEAPONS or NEW CHARACTERS in the new REMASTERED port of Cave Story for Wiiware.

Jan 7, 2018 at 9:55 PM
Soup Man
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
NICALiS is too busy working on the new weapons and new characters to respond to anyone right now.

Jan 7, 2018 at 9:59 PM
I mean, they've been posting to Twitter and sharing stuff so it's not like everyone died. I worked on my thing for like 10 hours before showing it to them. I really don't want this to be a waste of time.

I guess what I'm asking is if anyone here knows a Nicalis employee and can vouch for me?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 7, 2018 at 10:04 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
don't worry, if there's a problem, THEY will contact YOU.

Jan 7, 2018 at 10:59 PM
don't worry, if there's a problem, THEY will contact YOU.
I mean, I figured that they would contact me once they took a look at it. I sent it like four or five months ago.

Jan 7, 2018 at 11:01 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
then I guess its not a problem :mahin:

Jan 8, 2018 at 12:19 AM
then I guess its not a problem :mahin:
It wasn't a problem. It was me making something for one of their games then proposing it to see what they thought. Which required feedback.

Jan 8, 2018 at 7:22 AM
I made and proposed graphics for something like an expansion pack to a certain one of their games. Sorry if my wording was ambiguous.

Jan 8, 2018 at 12:35 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Well i mean, unless they have mentioned somewhere that they are looking for such a thing, it seems unlikely that they would take something like that.
They have their own artists and stuff and i don't think they are known for just taking random contributions

Jan 9, 2018 at 12:49 AM
But their contat page says they like to take submissions!

Also no one here knows anyone at Nicalis?

Jan 9, 2018 at 12:52 AM
War criminal
I mean, you can try contacting @tyrone here, that's probably a better bet to take, since he has responded to forum members recently.

Jan 9, 2018 at 6:00 AM
I mean, you can try contacting @tyrone here, that's probably a better bet to take, since he has responded to forum members recently.
Thanks, I'l try that.

Also, Nicalis said they love submissions and "let's be friends" and "your new favorite video game company". What happened to that? I feel lied to.

Jan 9, 2018 at 6:57 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Thanks, I'l try that.

Also, Nicalis said they love submissions and "let's be friends" and "your new favorite video game company". What happened to that? I feel lied to.
Well, there is a problem there. Nicalis has never made any giant interactions with us members, modders and players alike. They're not the most trustworthy company to put faith that they'll answer in.

Jan 9, 2018 at 7:01 AM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
Just take the content you've made and make it a mod like everybody else does.

There are even tools to port things to CS+now so I don't really see any complications that may arise.

Jan 10, 2018 at 2:08 AM
Just take the content you've made and make it a mod like everybody else does.

There are even tools to port things to CS+now so I don't really see any complications that may arise.
Yeah, but now it won't be official and won't get input from the person who first made the mod. Not to mention posting it ma ruin the chances of the company wanting to publish it due to exclusivity.

Jan 10, 2018 at 4:14 AM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
Yeah, but now it won't be official and won't get input from the person who first made the mod.

who cares? Why would you make content primarily for any reason other than your enjoyment?

Not to mention posting it may ruin the chances of the company wanting to publish it due to exclusivity.

But we've already established that they will never respond to you.

Also Boss Rush mods existed long before CS+ was a thing.

Jan 10, 2018 at 5:36 AM
But why won't they respond to me? They said they'll do their best to respond and on their twitter page they say "let's be friends"! Why would they lie to us and leave me hanging for several months?

Jan 10, 2018 at 5:39 AM
War criminal
But why won't they respond to me? They said they'll do their best to respond and on their twitter page they say "let's be friends"! Why would they lie to us and leave me hanging for several months?
Unfortunately, not every business can achieve that promise on listening to their fans for suggestions, feedback, etc. That's just how most businesses work these days, and that includes gaming companies.