N.E.T. Story II: The Surface (A Cave Story Mod In Development) [Update #1]

Jan 30, 2015 at 7:26 AM
Part-Time Perfectionist
Pixel Cut-Content Discord Admin
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
The original post:
So I'm working on a sequel to N.E.T. Story... *Bang*
I'm sure most of you know this by now, if you don't then DO YOU EVER FORUMS BRO?!
So here are some screenshots: (I believe 2 is the minimum, and I'm lazy so only expect 2 screenshots.)
p193407-0-16213391980d8c7333cc1m.jpg

p193407-1-16400791295cdba963b44m.jpg

Yes, these are real images from the mod.
Due to popular demand I re-textured 'You' a bit.
So before you ask when it's coming out: (Because if you do so I will kill you)
I don't know, the mods in Pre-Alpha and there's a finite amount of game-play.
So what can I tell you?
Well first off: you have to have finished N.E.T. Story first, and then grab your save and shove it into N.E.T. Story II, (Name not final) starting a new game will just tell you that you need to load a save from the last game.
If you got the first ending there probably won't be much (Or any) gameplay, a cut-scene perhaps? Idk
If you got the second ending I plan for a fair amount of game-play but nothing too massive.
However if you got the third ending... Well there's a lot in store for you. Basically you need to have gotten the true ending of the first game to get more than a little epilogue.
I don't plan on having multiple endings in N.E.T. Story II (Name not final) and I don't plan to make another one after this, but you never know... I like making Cave Story mods.
Also I'd like to remind you that this is going to be a lot higher quality than N.E.T. Story, but it'll also take more time (Don't expect it to be out this year, not even joking.) but I am a workaholic so who knows...
This will turn into the place where you can download the mod when it's done, goodbye till' then!
Update #1:
Woah! It's been a while, hasn't it?
So for a while back there I put down the development of N.E.T. Story II, and for that matter everything else I was working on. But N.E.T. Story II was the first to go, why? I ran out of ideas... Okay that and it was getting a bit boring, but a whole 5 months (or so) later and I'm back and working harder than ever.
So what have I got for you?
This:

Please leave your constructive criticism in the replies,
and please leave your hate for the darkest places of the internet.

I know it's not much, but trust me, Progress is being made.
I might as well spell it out here for anyone who's late to the party:
But this project was cancelled due to issues with the version of the 2x res hack it was using.
Also, I was working on N.E.T. Story v2.0 at the same time as this mod, and I was planning on DRASTICALLY changing the story, meaning I would've needed to make huge edits to the mod to account for that.
Having two different mods to work on is great, because you can just switch between one and the other if you get stuck... but in the end the 2x res hack not working was what killed this.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2015 at 3:38 PM
scrungy
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
zxin said:
No, unless you like hearing my new sound effects :orangebell:
I'm actually quite curious as to how someone could create a story solely out of sfx

Jan 30, 2015 at 4:44 PM
thinks dogs are cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
i find it a bit bullshit that you need to get a certain ending in order to play this mod
but
it's also ingenious and i like it
so keep it if it's in popular demand

Jan 30, 2015 at 5:04 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
When is it coming out

Jan 30, 2015 at 6:24 PM
beep boop
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I planed on using this for Before Story, Part two, but I still need to make the first game better after I finish Dust.

Jan 30, 2015 at 9:48 PM
thinks dogs are cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Doors said:
When is it coming out
zxin said:
Also I'd like to remind you that this is going to be a lot higher quality than N.E.T. Story, but it'll also take more time (Don't expect it to be out this year, not even joking.)
zxin said:
it'll also take more time (Don't expect it to be out this year, not even joking.)
uh huh yeah here you go sold
(aka there's no pre determined date yet)

Jan 30, 2015 at 11:18 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
zxin said:
(Don't expect it to be out this year, not even joking.)
> Your second mod.
> You've been here a month.
> Forum History.
> My History.
> It's January.

p193416-0-disgunbgud.gif

Good luck man.

Feb 1, 2015 at 3:06 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
You'd better make it look damn impressive, otherwise no one will want to sit through figuring out how in the hell to even get endings in the first N.E.T. Story