My First Remix Project

Apr 28, 2015 at 11:13 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Hey guys, I've just started work on this, and I figured I'd put up the thread now.
The list of downloads will grow as more tracks get completed and added.

For now, here's what I have:

Cave Story Theme Remix v0.2
https://www.dropbox.com/s/no823ukiaghnh73/Cave%20Story%20Remix%20v0.2.org?dl=0
NOTE: The song's length is completed, but it's still very unpolished. Will be finished soon.

Balcony Remix (no version, It's completed.)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/evbj8lvgjadoqjj/Balcony%20Remix.org?dl=0

Running Hell Remix v0.1
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yaledu7ywrg5nqc/Running%20Hell%20Remix%20v0.1.org?dl=0

(If anyone knows how to post a link and choose the text that shows up, please let me know, this is my first thread.)

As I said, the list will grow, so check back frequently for updates!

All constructive criticism is welcomed. (don't worry, I know they're not as good as others.)

Apr 28, 2015 at 11:35 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Hey, I don't know if this is just me, but the file isn't a ORG. Windows says it's just a "file" type file. Are you sure you uploaded the right thing?

Apr 29, 2015 at 12:09 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
This one works!

The remix sounds really good and has some interesting percussion. Better than anything I could make, anyway. I still wish it was longer and utilized the "pan" effect, specifically for track 1.

Apr 30, 2015 at 6:20 PM
Mrs. Policewoman
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
I'd suggest you make use of looping, even if only to make an infinite loop at the end of the song.
Also, it may just be me, but it seemed like the song ended a bit soon (as most of mine do, admittedly).
Other than that, however, I really liked the song. I've always had a bit of trouble making good use of percussion, but you seemed to do so quite well.
I also really liked how you made use of the chorus' tune in the echoey part at the beginning.

Overall, good job, I hope to see more.

May 1, 2015 at 12:29 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
hate9 said:
I'd suggest you make use of looping, even if only to make an infinite loop at the end of the song.
Also, it may just be me, but it seemed like the song ended a bit soon (as most of mine do, admittedly).
Yeah, I'm thinking about playing the beginning one more time, and then adding a loop to finish it off. I might even add that solo-esque part near the end of the original, I'll just see when I get there.

I've been working on the Balcony remix for the past day, but I'll get on finishing the Theme as soon as I can.