My First Mod: Cave Story: Extended Cut (Temporary Title)

Jun 9, 2013 at 12:33 AM
Forever 12
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Hello there, and I am currently working on my first mod EVAR!
I am currently calling it Cave Story: Extended Cut.
Its nothing big, all I really plan to due is expand on level layouts, add beta and original music and redo The Graphics.
Later into development, I might add a version of wind fortress, but we will see.

I don't really have any gameplay snapshots, so I might as well show you some other stuff

Keep in mind, this is early in Development, and what you see here is probably going to change from the final product.
Like the Face Pics, I will work on them some more.

How much done?

Around View attachment 419View attachment 418View attachment 420

9% Out of 100%

UPDATE
Making Original areas in levels to replace old ones. Updated the face portraits: Fixed Misery's Hair (Again) and added a portrait for Quote, Credit goes to Jay City for making a low resolution's version of Nicalis's Quote Potrait. Once finished Up to Grasstown, A demo could be released, but only if there is enough new content

Jun 9, 2013 at 1:41 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Looking at the facepics... part of Booster's mouth is gone, Curly look like she had a hard time putting on makeup, and oh my why did Misery's hair needed to be changed colors? All I can say is if you're doing an expansion of the original Cave Story, please add a much new content as possible. We've all played Cave Story too many times and I myself wouldn't want to play an only slightly edited game.

Jun 9, 2013 at 1:49 AM
Forever 12
Tpcool said:
Looking at the facepics... part of Booster's mouth is gone, Curly look like she had a hard time putting on makeup, and oh my why did Misery's hair needed to be changed colors? All I can say is if you're doing an expansion of the original Cave Story, please add a much new content as possible. We've all played Cave Story too many times and I myself wouldn't want to play an only slightly edited game.
Obviously, The thing isn't even done!!!! I am still working on it, and Misery's Hair colour was changed only for the sake of being True to her ingame sprite

Jun 9, 2013 at 3:13 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Well, (I overuse that word) just go for the win.
All your thread are belong to thenachocheeser.

Jun 9, 2013 at 10:50 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Seems pretty cool, I am always a fan of extensions to the base game, it's a familiar experience but at the same time totally different.

Also, for the Misery face picture if you changed it to suit her sprite why did you make it a completely different purple/pink colour and then just add squiggles into it? It would be easier to just colour pick her hair colour and then just go over the default hair and make it a darker tone for the darker areas, like this. You can use them if you want.

diph.php

Anyway, the mod sounds interesting and I will definitely play it when it comes out, good luck.

Jun 9, 2013 at 11:24 PM
Forever 12
PixelVortex said:
Also, for the Misery face picture if you changed it to suit her sprite why did you make it a completely different purple/pink colour and then just add squiggles into it? It would be easier to just colour pick her hair colour and then just go over the default hair and make it a darker tone for the darker areas, like this? You can use them if you want.

diph.php

Anyway, the mod sounds interesting and I will definitely play it when it comes out, good luck.
Thanks Pixel Vortex

Also, Remember playing hell for the 1st time ever, INTRODUCING 100% RAGE CAUSING SACRED GROUNDS,

Started Work on Wind Fortress, Due to lack of level layout map, I have to take the level design from a youtube video of CS+'S Wind Fortress.

Wind Fortress, W.I.P

Jun 10, 2013 at 12:41 AM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Parkraft123 said:
Wind Fortress, W.I.P
You could copy the map and the gaudi enemies... But what about g-clone and all the Curly's?

Jun 11, 2013 at 10:44 AM
Forever 12
EnlightenedOne said:
You could copy the map and the gaudi enemies... But what about g-clone and all the Curly's?
Sadly, I do not know assembly so I cannot add the G-Clone and Curly bots. Though I will not be "that" 12 year old and ask for help, but I have a small question: would I be able to use curly's sprite set in place of, like say the Butes Sprite set for Wind Fortress? Also, Where should I put Wind Fortress, I was thinking of relocating and modifing last cave so it is at the bottom of plantation, but where do you think it should be? I want your honest Opinion.