Music...In General

Mar 12, 2015 at 1:13 AM
Serenity now, insanity later.
"..."
So what are your favorite music artists, songs, albums, etc? I couldn't find any thread for this, but i only searched for a few minutes.

Anyway, here's my favorite music:

Artists- Arctic Monkeys, Vampire Weekend, Blink-182, REM, U2, Pearl Jam, The Cure, Modest Mouse, The Killers, Green Day, Coldplay, Smashing Pumpkins

Albums-Favorite Worst Nightmare (Arctic Monkeys,) Modern Vampires of the City (Vampire Weekend,) Blink-182 (Blink-182,) Murmur (REM,) The Unforgettable Fire (U2,) Ten (Pearl Jam,) Disintegration (The Cure,) Good News For People Who Love Bad News (Modest Mouse,) Sam's Town (The Killers,) American Idiot (Green Day,) Parachutes (Coldplay,) Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness (Smashing Pumpkins,) Siamese Dream (Smashing Pumpkins)

Songs-Fluorescent Adolescent (Arctic Monkeys,) Step (Vampire Weekend,) I miss you (Blink-182,) Man On The Moon (REM,) Gardening At Night (REM,) Pride (U2,) Where The Streets Have No Name (U2,) Daughter (Pearl Jam,) Love Song (The Cure,) Float On (Modest Mouse,) Lampshades On Fire (Modest Mouse,) Read My Mind (The Killers,) Basket Case (Green Day,) 21 Guns (Green Day,) Yellow (Coldplay,) 1979 (Smashing Pumpkins,) Disarm (Smashing Pumpkins)

Phew...

Anyway post what your favorite songs and such are.

Mar 12, 2015 at 1:20 AM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
My favorite songs are London Beckoned Songs About Money Written By Machines and Lying is the most fun a girl can have without taking her clothes off
both are by Panic! at the Disco
the first song is okay I guess and the second one I don't really like at all I just like the titles
in all seriousness though I like pretty much any song someone shows me as long as it's something I can like
I have very diverse music tastes and I don't really have any specific preference
also I can't really think of any specific examples because most of the time someone shows me a song and then that's all I listen to for a few weeks or something and then I kinda forget about it forever

Mar 12, 2015 at 1:32 AM
"Huzzah!"
My favorite artists are (in no particular order):

Cheshyre, Coldplay, Daft Punk, Dave Brubeck, Gorillaz, Jimi Hendrix, Michael Jackson, Eirik Suhrke, Simon Viklund, Pixel, Queen, Rolling Stones, Royksopp, and a few other peeps.

Mar 12, 2015 at 1:34 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
I really like songs with vocaloid/utauloids in them. Some of my favorite artists are CrusherP, VocaCircus, Jesus-P and a few others.

As for nonvocaloid I really like Ken Ashcorp some of my favorite songs from him are "Rival" and "Supernatural".

I'm pretty much cool with all music as long as it pleases my ear.

Mar 12, 2015 at 1:51 AM
"..."
Jpzarde said:
My favorite artists are (in no particular order):

Cheshyre, Coldplay, Daft Punk, Dave Brubeck, Gorillaz, Jimi Hendrix, Michael Jackson, Eirik Suhrke, Simon Viklund, Pixel, Queen, Rolling Stones, Royksopp, and a few other peeps.
Oh, i forgot about coldplay...adding that. The problem with the gorillaz for me is that its weird to be listening to cartoon gorillas singing. The musics actually pretty good though.

Mar 12, 2015 at 2:01 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Wow, I'm actually surprised there was no question in this thread for what genres of music we like.

I pretty much like all genres of music except for Country. There's something about the genre that makes me cringe in a general level.

Favorite groups:
Red Hot Chili Peppers

Guns N' Roses

Journey

Daft Punk

I couldn't really name some favorite artists or songs, especially since my playlist is so vast.

I am starting to listen to some Hatsune Miku music, as pretty much everyone but me in one of the groups I'm in has heard pretty much every song by her.

Mar 12, 2015 at 2:05 AM
Been here way too long...
My #1 favourite artist of all time has got to be Super Mario Bros. 2
he throws down some fat beets

Mar 12, 2015 at 2:17 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
I listen to ambient and "epic" orchestra music. Since I download them off YouTube, I don't know who makes them.
My taste in music is very peculiar - I don't like most songs with lyrics.

I also listen to video game OST. Some of the music from Risk of Rain is very nice.

Mar 12, 2015 at 2:44 AM
Perpetually out of it
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
If we're going by more widely known artists I like I gotta go with Coldplay, Pendulum, Yui, Maroon 5 and the White Stripes.
The main draw for me with music though is usually composers, so my favorites are Danny Elfman, Jamie Christopherson, Koji Kondo, Kenji Yamamoto, Akira Ifukube, Yuzo Koshiro, Michiru Yamane, and Danny Baranowsky.

Mar 12, 2015 at 4:41 AM
Brayconn Online
Modding Community Discord Moderator
CSE Discord Moderator
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Savant.
Just... Savant.

And Daft punk...
And Justice...
And Wax Audio...
And The Beatles...
And The Black Keys...
And the IWKTK3's soundtrack...
And any genre other than Country and Rap with offencive lyrics (#ConcernedParent)...
And probably more that I'm forgetting...

Mar 12, 2015 at 5:58 AM
squidward
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
I don't have the time right now to list things but hey, maybe later I guess.
Here's something for now though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9XDUBDMNuk

Mar 12, 2015 at 6:17 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Well, I sure can see this thread leading to some quality discussion instead of just being a place for people to dump their list of "favorite artists" in.

If you're looking for something to listen to, I'd recommend listening to Subglo, their stuff is pretty good right now: https://soundcloud.com/doandroidsdance/subglo-go-on-boy

I also have a soundcloud of my own, to which I post music that I've made (normally for in-progress games): https://soundcloud.com/girakacheezer

Mar 12, 2015 at 8:54 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Ooh, I'm surprised a thread like this hasn't come up before.

or maybe I just didn't see it.

But anyway, I love listening to Japanese things. Just kinda like, most stuff from Japan. It seems to have a distinctly different sound, that I prefer for some reason.
Shizen no teki-P (Jin) was the first artist that I ever actually started liking the music of, before then I'd just listen to random artist's stuff. He made the Kagerou Project series, and started inspiring a lot of the music I've been making lately...

My soundcloud is https://soundcloud.com/mrlog if anyone's interested.

Here's a cool song by Jin.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xupu5BcWDLo

I like other musicians too but this guy's unique and yeah.

Mar 12, 2015 at 9:22 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Alright, I'll be the oddball here.

Favorite group: Noisia (Drum & Bass... not for everybody)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJHP0brCnI

Next favorite: Deadmau5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEQMkzjcLEA

Deadmau5's stuff kinda fades into the background for a while, which is good for working (I can't listen to lyrics and write at the same time).

Other: pretty much anything from Monstercat

Other Other: I'll passively listen to most anything.

EDIT: Oh, I almost forgot Blackmill

For a more relaxing type.

Mar 12, 2015 at 10:13 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I'll like pretty much any song, album, or artist that's good. That's the reason why I don't listen to modern mainstream music.
(In no particular order):
I recommend Nirvana, Soundgarden, All Levels at Once, Yerzmyey, AC/DC, Nickelback, Waterflame, Stone Temple Pilots, The Offspring, Pixel, Cage The Elephant, Bush, Daft Punk, R.E.M., They Might Be Giants, Disturbed, Green Day, Blur, and Shinedown.

Mar 12, 2015 at 11:13 PM
Been here way too long...
>like any song, album or artist that's good
>lists 14 rock bands

I think your tastes are less diverse than "anything that's good." Why did you decide that mainstream music stopped being good less than a decade ago?

Mar 12, 2015 at 11:28 PM
thinks dogs are cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
pummel is post-mainstream music
you have to remember that he's absolutely disgusting inverted hipster trash

on the topic of music i like tho let me just bring to mind this image of my current music playlist.
yeah.
i don't really have preferences.

Mar 12, 2015 at 11:29 PM
"..."
Pummelator said:
I'll like pretty much any song, album, or artist that's good. That's the reason why I don't listen to modern mainstream music.
(In no particular order):
I recommend Nirvana, Soundgarden, All Levels at Once, Yerzmyey, AC/DC, Nickelback, Waterflame, Stone Temple Pilots, The Offspring, Pixel, Cage The Elephant, Bush, Daft Punk, R.E.M., They Might Be Giants, Disturbed, Green Day, Blur, and Shinedown.
Quality list (by my opinion.) Some of these artists I forgot to put on my list (nirvana, sound garden, stone temple pilots, cage the elephant.) now while I don't enjoy modern pop to any extent, thanks to those awful synth riffs, there are some good tracks. Some include Chasing Cars, maybe a few Mumford and sons songs, and even Bastille. But for the most part, popular music has degraded into repetitive songs about drugs, money, sex, alcohol, etc. not that that didn't exist before, but they have become much more prevalent now. And the mainstream actually seem to WANT alternative rock, they just don't know it. This is because I have noticed that whenever an alternative song crosses over to the mainstream, everyone's like "this is my favorite song in years," or "why aren't there more songs like this?" They just seems to listen to whatever the radio gives them though.

Also I'm glad at least somone remembers REM. I actually own every one of their albums (technically my dad does because he started listening to them in the 80s around when fables of the reconstruction came out.)

Mar 13, 2015 at 2:57 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
DJtheSdotcom

I'm not particularly mainstream either. I love remixes, as shown.