Muri v2 Demo

Apr 1, 2018 at 9:46 AM
Part-Time Perfectionist
Pixel Cut-Content Discord Admin
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
A strange mod I made for April 1st titled "無理v2:四月一日エディション", or "Muri v2: APRIL 1ST EDITION" intended to convince or fool people into thinking that Muri's 26 month development had resulted in a minuscule speed-run challenge that could be beaten in under 40 seconds.
The mod contains a few small Easter Eggs for those who put in a few minutes of practice and actually got trough the mod quickly. Hey, if you want, PM your best time to me. I'm actually quite interested to see how fast it's possible to beat this mod.
Hey everyone. Muri v2's been in the works for ages, and I figured it was finally time to release a demo. Please tell me what you think, and what you hate, and I'll try my best to make improvements for more complete releases of the mod. So, download and enjoy yourself!

pkKdiv8.png

8Wxieu2.png

Download Link

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2018 at 10:24 AM
Org Discord Admin
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
hurr durr, april fool

Hello. Just played through your demo.
I get that you have been working on this mod for a long time, but honestly? It's pretty bad.

The story is poorly written. I really do not like the way Arthur is depicted in this mod. He just seems too competent and edgy.
Having said about competency, the enemies are absolutely overpowered (and not in a fair way), and this is only the demo. Not even the level design helps it. It feels like I'm playing Rave Story 1.0 again.
Jesus.

The design is okay. It's really the only okay thing here.

I'd write some suggestions here, but since this is only a demo, that'll have to wait, I guess.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2018 at 12:13 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Allright, let's see what this is about for a (likely) quickie.
First of all the sound in the pre-title 'intro' and when the 290 counter feels a bit annoying, might just be me but it can get to one's nerves given the time.
Also what is the counter on the top-right? Do we need that?
So far it feels like old First Cave except some minor changes that I don't really nee-
p363512-0-oiabqo.png

Why do these still exist again.
p363512-1-bxj8en.gif

And what the heck is...?!

The item get music starts out as it should be, then it gets a little weird and theBEEEEEP. Not great.
I like the particles from the critters when they get shot though, even though it's a bit overdone.
Yeah from the moment I heard the Mimiga Village org along with the refrence of youtubers I realized this can't be a serious mod, making someone listen to that music for a while could get them good and crazy. :chin:

Speaking of unserious...
p363512-2-f625ks.png

Oh no Dr. Connor's class!

By the way I don't know who all these youtubers a-
p363512-3-4192r9.png

Mahin you ok?

p363512-4-oaxijj.png

Yeah same.
I assume this is the end of the mod, so I did another quickie round for a time of 0'43"1.

I'm not sure if this is just quickie 1 April thing or what but it I don't really got anything to say about this. There isn't much here that I like, and with the (imo) bad music and the combination of high-res and low-res it's defenitely not something I can take too seriously.
Hate to say it but I just don't dig it.

Apr 3, 2018 at 9:37 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
I got 0'38"6 as my best time.

Didn't know about Muri, so thought it was just a joke mod... but interesting short easter eggs~
Is there another topic that talks about Muri? Just a bit curious now.

Oh and here's my original post which I never posted, and instead passed out: (made before learning speed running was worth trying!)
I made a lengthy youtube review to receive popularity,
but my mic was off and in another room
Speedrunning Hint: Click on the Quality setting and change video speed to 2x
Uhh, the glitches apparently aren't part of the vanilla experience. But it added to the blind playthrough. Didn't even realize it wasn't intentionally part of the mod until half way through... lol
(was using the .dll from DXGL when I first played, apparently it doesn't like the 2x hack)