Muri (A Cave Story Mod)

Jan 23, 2016 at 12:02 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
The sound effects remind me heavily of when your computer makes a BEEPING noise from it's internal hardware, not even out the speakers. Like what you would hear playing early DOS games or if you slam on the keys while the computer is booting up. Why am I so closely examining these sounds? BECAUSE I WENT DEAF LISTENING TO THEM YOU FREAKIN'-

Jan 23, 2016 at 7:20 AM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
This mod is called "Muri," it's a Japanese word to describe something that cannot be done.
impossible story is a different mod

Jan 24, 2016 at 6:52 PM
Eevee Enthusiast
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Is there any reason in particular why this mod is the exact same as the most updated version of Merge Story? Same .zip file, same file contents, same everything.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2016 at 7:41 PM
Eevee Enthusiast
It is? Shit it all makes sense now... o _O

Glad to see that it was a genuine error and not something you intentionally tried to pull. Anyways, I attempted to play through your mod, and here are my notes:

Alright, Zxin, let's get this show on the road.

You already lose some points for having fullscreen as the default window size.

p211806-0-povpm6p.png

Wow, a title screen that isn't the same. That's a pleasant surprise.
However, why are the first two letters in "Lose" white, Zxin?

These sound effects are absolutely attrocious. They may have been intended to make the mod "harder," but they only serve to grind my gears. I honestly don't know what you were thinking, Zxin.

Oh boy, another "Cave Story but Slightly Different" mod. Zxin, I thought you would've seen by now that these kinds of mods aren't exactly looked well upon. If I wanted to play Cave Story, I could just boot up Cave Story.

p211806-1-zxol43y.png

Zxin, why would you go and render the Map System worthless by turning everything red?

Why do the Behemoths in Egg Corridor have so much health AND the ability to do 10 damage, Zxin?

Giving enemies more health may be a decent idea at times, Zxin, but the Basus have entirely too much. Giving their shots the ability to block your own projectiles doesn't help matters any.

I like how you didn't modify the dialogue that plays out when you first grab the Rocket Launcher at all to hint at how useless it is at lower levels, Zxin.

Speaking of uselessness, why would you ever make the Level 1 Rocket Launcher overcharge enemies' health values, the Level 2 Rocket Launcher do absolutely nothing, and the Level 3 Rocket Launcher do a whopping 9 damage? I can accomplish more just by mashing the fire button with the Polar Star!

p211806-2-vg8po93.png

Why is this yellow dot on Quote's downward-facing mid-air sprite, Zxin?

Okay yeah, I'm not going to slog through the rest of this if all you changed were sound effects, damage values, and the health of the things you fight.

Long story short, this was an exceptionally poorly-made example of a "Cave Story but Slightly Different" mod.

Jan 24, 2016 at 7:56 PM
Eevee Enthusiast
P.S. spell my name right or you won't wake up tomorrow.

p211808-0-w3qx75m.jpg

News flash: there's absolutely no difference between "z" and "Z" spelling-wise. There aren't 52 letters in the alphabet. It makes no sense to get your jimmies rustled when someone capitalizes your name like a proper noun should be, Zxin.

Yeah pretty much. It was rushed and poorly thought out.
v2 will be Cave Story but fucking impossible.

In case it didn't sink through the first two times I said it, Cave Story mods that consist of the original game with very few, if any, changes to the game itself are not looked well upon here. It isn't worth it to slog through Cave Story 2: Electric Boogaloo just to hunt for what few things you changed. Oh, and before you say it, slapping spikes onto a map neither makes it exceptionally unique or "fucking impossible."

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2016 at 11:27 PM
Eevee Enthusiast
You're talking to me as if I've never made a mod with original content in it, or as if I'm some kind of idiot. I don't *appreciate being patronized.

*I don't appreciate being patronized = I fucking despise people who patronize others. I would love to individually kill all of them.

ow the edge

I've seen it done way too many times, so I wanted to make sure the point got across.

Jan 25, 2016 at 12:00 AM
Its dark in here
I need to make a list of...
  1. People to kill
  2. Things to put in a post going out to noob modders
  3. Reasons why WTF Story's design is shit
wtf story has absolutely nothing to do with this thread, so don't make it a focus of your anger.
If you think someone is judging you unfairly, then ask them to stop, ignore them, or if its truly offensive to you, report them.

p211808-0-w3qx75m.jpg

News flash: there's absolutely no difference between "z" and "Z" spelling-wise. There aren't 52 letters in the alphabet. It makes no sense to get your jimmies rustled when someone capitalizes your name like a proper noun should be, Zxin.
Some people are very sensitive about their names, and you should call them what you want to be called, if its so difficult to not hold down a shift key, then copy paste his name.

Jan 25, 2016 at 7:21 PM
Its dark in here
They haven't broken any forum rules -- so I would just be pointlessly wasting people's time.
I was trying to give advice that would apply to more than just this situation in paticular

Jan 27, 2016 at 9:14 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
They haven't broken any forum rules -- so I would just be pointlessly wasting people's time.

Yeah, messing up the capitalization on someone's name isn't against the rules, but death threats kind of are:

P.S. spell my name right or you won't wake up tomorrow.

Jan 27, 2016 at 9:19 PM
The Preacher
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
>violently menacing people giving you advice on the internet

you may have some anger management problems zkin you should look into those

Last edited: