MultiCave - Cave Story Multiplayer

Sep 23, 2014 at 11:33 PM
Melon Lord
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Just wanted to say I'm very much looking forward to this, even if it might be a novelty - though, if Mod support is somehow possible (take it we have this happen in time or once you get better at it...or maybe an editor, who knows), then this can provide a lot more content and maybe opportunities for intuitive and diverse design.

I went ahead and doodled a little something out of boredom because of this thing.
p188150-0-multicaveravejourneystories.jpg
The Recon Robot was supposed to be based on this
p188150-1-cavestorysoldier.jpg

Sep 23, 2014 at 11:39 PM
scrungy
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
JonSpider said:
Just wanted to say I'm very much looking forward to this, even if it might be a novelty - though, if Mod support is somehow possible (take it we have this happen in time or once you get better at it...or maybe an editor, who knows), then this can provide a lot more content and maybe opportunities for intuitive and diverse design.

I went ahead and doodled a little something out of boredom because of this thing.
I agree. Also, that character select looks very nice.

Sep 24, 2014 at 12:17 AM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Jenn is still a cyclops

Sep 24, 2014 at 12:23 AM
"Huzzah!"
You made the mod I have been waiting for all my life (actually 2 years ago, but who cares...)!

Thank You!!! :mrgreen:

Now if someone takes the hint and creates Cave Story 2, because its obvious Pixel is probably never going to. Heck, I might even do it once I get experienced enough with C++ (or Java, whichever works best)

Sep 24, 2014 at 12:29 AM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
jj4226 said:
Now if someone takes the hint and creates Cave Story 2, because its obvious Pixel is probably never going to. Heck, I might even do it once I get experienced enough with C++ (or Java, whichever works best)
Yes, because no one ever made a Cave Story 2. Unless you mean that someone could make a Cave Story 2 on a completely new engine which has been attempted but that's kinda unclear since you said "the mod I have been waiting for". Also sorry for sounding like a sarcastic bastard for something I'm not even sure about
Also person making this, good job, looks interesting, good luck.

Sep 24, 2014 at 1:04 AM
Mrs. Policewoman
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
jj4226 said:
Nadojin is heading a CS2 that might actually get finished.

Sep 24, 2014 at 1:58 AM
Professional Whatever
jenka's nightmare

Sep 24, 2014 at 2:01 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
jj4226 said:
You made the mod I have been waiting for all my life (actually 2 years ago, but who cares...)!
If you are one of those people who believe that the word "mod" is synonymous with "game" then you are sorely mistaken.

jj4226 said:
You mean like JN or K:SS (K:SS being in its own custom built engine if that is part of the criteria)? Or the numerous mods littering the forums that are unimaginatively called "Cave Story 2"? The "hint" has been in play and has been acted upon for years to the point where the name "Cave Story 2" for a new mod is automatically classed as cringeworthy. This isn't exactly some new concept ya know.

Sep 24, 2014 at 11:40 AM
"Huzzah!"
andwhyisit said:
If you are one of those people who believe that the word "mod" is synonymous with "game" then you are sorely mistaken.
I am not one of those people.
You mean like JN or K:SS (K:SS being in its own custom built engine if that is part of the criteria)? Or the numerous mods littering the forums that are unimaginatively called "Cave Story 2"? The "hint" has been in play and has been acted upon for years to the point where the name "Cave Story 2" for a new mod is automatically classed as cringeworthy. This isn't exactly some new concept ya know.
I know its not a new concept, but I would like a finished game with a completely new engine with new assets mostly not from the original (Although, it's perfectly okay to leave out the "asset" part)

Sep 24, 2014 at 11:59 AM
Professional Whatever
Make it yourself

Sep 27, 2014 at 6:10 PM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
Omg man this has been my dream ever since I discovered Cave Story! So looking forward to it!

Sep 28, 2014 at 8:33 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Dunc2403 said:
Isn't KSS a prequel?
He said "Cave Story 2", not a Cave Story sequel. Numbered iterations for a media property aren't always in chronological order.

Sep 28, 2014 at 2:10 PM
Professional Whatever
Sounds like a shitty way to label your prequel mod
Hey a sequel wait no why am I playing as miakid

Nov 2, 2014 at 3:27 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
i'm gonna love this mod. i hope that i can decide nearly everything
(if anyone dies then everyone starts from the checkpoint... tl;dr: options.)

Nov 2, 2014 at 3:33 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
> implying it'll ever be finished

Nov 2, 2014 at 7:35 PM
Serenity now, insanity later.
"..."
Cave Story Multiplayer. This is what i have dreamed of for years.

Nov 3, 2014 at 3:17 AM
Banned
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I support all the way.

Nov 3, 2014 at 4:54 AM
beep boop
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
This is probably going to be a bit of a challenge, because of the issue of the best ending. Will everyone have to make it to the shack, or just one. What if someone says yes to killing the mimigas question? Will there be a voting system for the yes and no questions?

Nov 3, 2014 at 5:18 AM
War criminal
I think that depends on the host of the server.