MultiCave - Cave Story Multiplayer

Old topic!
The last post in this thread is over 60 days old. Posting in this thread will be considered a bump, so please make an attempt to be courteous if you go ahead with it.

If the last post is over 6 months old, it may instead be a better idea to start a new topic. If you aren't sure about what to do, feel free to ask a staff member for help, or try to locate a 'general questions'-type thread if it exists in this (sub-)forum.
May 13, 2015 at 1:39 PM
Part-Time Perfectionist
CS Beta Content Discord Admin
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Join Date: Dec 26, 2014
Location: the back of their own hand.
Posts: 1599
Age: 121
Doors said:
Program a skype clone into the game because I'm too lazy to start skype
]
Yes yes yes YESSS! :mrgreen:
You are full of good ideas.
 
May 13, 2015 at 4:16 PM
thinks dogs are cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Join Date: Apr 6, 2014
Location: a bathroom
Posts: 621
uhhh zxin
he was joking

that would be really hard to do and entirely not worth it
 
May 13, 2015 at 6:00 PM
Senior Member
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Join Date: Jan 21, 2013
Location: :
Posts: 133
What if someone doesn't have a mic or can't talk for some reason? Switching to skype every time you want to say something gets annoying.
 
May 14, 2015 at 2:42 AM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
Join Date: Nov 21, 2013
Location: farther
Posts: 922
Age: 24
Anuken said:
What if someone doesn't have a mic or can't talk for some reason? Switching to skype every time you want to say something gets annoying.
the only reason why it would be annoying is if you were to run cave story in full screen
 
May 16, 2015 at 12:00 AM
Senior Member
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Join Date: Jan 21, 2013
Location: :
Posts: 133
Goerge Bobicles said:
the only reason why it would be annoying is if you were to run cave story in full screen
...Which a lot of people do.

Anyway, I would find switching to skype every time I want to say something (which is pretty often) extremely annoying.
 
May 16, 2015 at 1:07 AM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Join Date: Jun 28, 2013
Location:
Posts: 521
Anuken said:
...Which a lot of people do.

Anyway, I would find switching to skype every time I want to say something (which is pretty often) extremely annoying.
I know literally no one that plays Cave Story in full screen
every time I am talking to someone playing a mod they're always playing in windowed
and anyway stop bothering this guy to implement a difficult to implement and unnecessary feature just to appeal to a very small amount of people.
 
May 16, 2015 at 1:14 AM
Senior Member
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Join Date: Jan 21, 2013
Location: :
Posts: 133
Thatnamelessguy said:
I know literally no one that plays Cave Story in full screen
every time I am talking to someone playing a mod they're always playing in windowed
and anyway stop bothering this guy to implement a difficult to implement and unnecessary feature just to appeal to a very small amount of people.
Okay, sorry. I just wanted to point out that skype wouldn't work very well, at least for me.
 
May 16, 2015 at 1:23 AM
thinks dogs are cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Join Date: Apr 6, 2014
Location: a bathroom
Posts: 621
have you never played animal crossing with an online friend before because let me tell you that switching to skype constantly to say shit is a bit annoying but necessary and entirely worth it
adding the skype feature to multicave is unnecessary and entirely not worth it
so yeah
 
May 16, 2015 at 1:27 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Join Date: Aug 28, 2009
Location: The Purple Zone
Posts: 6000
sure, something like skype would be retarded
but adding rudimentary chat support would be maybe half an hour's work
you don't even have to use a real protocol like XMPP or IRC, although those are both options as well
 
May 17, 2015 at 1:29 PM
Part-Time Perfectionist
CS Beta Content Discord Admin
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Join Date: Dec 26, 2014
Location: the back of their own hand.
Posts: 1599
Age: 121
TheHamburglar said:
Huh, well I'm the first. I always play in full screen, no matter what, even mods.
Pretty-much same here, unless I'm streaming.
We are officially friends now.
 
May 17, 2015 at 9:23 PM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
Join Date: Apr 5, 2013
Location: In my mind and of my body.
Posts: 1637
Age: 23
TheHamburglar said:
Huh, well I'm the first. I always play in full screen, no matter what, even mods.
zxin said:
Pretty-much same here, unless I'm streaming.
We are officially friends now.
You guys do know that full screen reduces bitmaps to 16 bit, so mods that use higher quality ones could potentially break your games visuals.

*coughdreamsofreality2cough*
 
May 17, 2015 at 9:26 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Join Date: Aug 28, 2009
Location: The Purple Zone
Posts: 6000
BLink said:
You guys do know that full screen reduces bitmaps to 16 bit, so mods that use higher quality ones could potentially break your games visuals.

*coughdreamsofreality2cough*

what
 
May 18, 2015 at 12:12 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Join Date: May 18, 2015
Location:
Posts: 9
I'd love you made those things.

If player2 died. Takes him (you choose what seconds) to respawn. He'll be invincible for (seconds) and will spawn at hostplayer's position.

If a player gets hit. the other players dont get damage

Dont make gun be locked and you can't change it. If someone is using the machine gun and one the polar star. It's ok then dont fix that if that happens.

If someplayer used ITEM and asks he/her Yes/NO make votes for everyone example popup this :

You wanna do (insert action that player is doing here) ? Yes/No

If yes wins then yes. If no then no.



The chat. I'd love to see a chat. It'll be a bubble chat. Since its easier. player presses (chat key)

then something pop ups
say : (words)

then letters will pop up on his head and go up then fade.

I really wanna support. I know how to LUA and i could help.
 
May 18, 2015 at 12:32 AM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Join Date: Jan 13, 2011
Location: Lasagna
Posts: 4489
no you couldn't
 
May 18, 2015 at 8:27 PM
Senior Member
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Join Date: Apr 24, 2014
Location: The Surface
Posts: 91
MultiCave would be so much more fun if you could communicate...
 
May 18, 2015 at 9:52 PM
thinks dogs are cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Join Date: Apr 6, 2014
Location: a bathroom
Posts: 621
TheDoctor said:
MultiCave would be so much more fun if you could communicate...
read literally every post above yours
 
May 18, 2015 at 11:59 PM
Part-Time Perfectionist
CS Beta Content Discord Admin
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Join Date: Dec 26, 2014
Location: the back of their own hand.
Posts: 1599
Age: 121
Paths said:
read literally every post above yours
He's right though, a simple text chat would be nice. And you could take a Minecraft approach and mod in billions of pointless commands. =P
 
Top