Mothers extreme methods of punishing her adopted child.

Aug 25, 2011 at 4:37 PM
Demon taming, headphone wearing, casanova
"All your forum are belong to us!"
http://news.yahoo.com/video/health-15749655/hot-sauce-mom-found-guilty-for-spicy-punishment-26405354.html

This video here talks about a mother who rather than grounding her child normally actually tortures him by making him take baths with cold water and drinking hot sauce. She was discovered and arrested after participating in the Dr. Phil show where Dr. Phil called her and requested that she show how mad of a mommy she was. Now this is sad But i want you to look at the comments and carefully read about how these people believe its okay for a mother to do this.

Aug 25, 2011 at 4:48 PM
CUSTOMIZED!
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
That's horrible. This is the 21st century....It's clear she was trying to teach her child a lesson but that is definitely not the right way to go about it. I don't want to be too judgmental but.... overly strict much?

Aug 25, 2011 at 5:13 PM
Member Title
Yeah, heard that story on the PDS.

But have you heard this story?

Aug 25, 2011 at 8:26 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Well in many counties of Central Europe parents sometimes use a whip to punish their children. Like my father was beaten up with a whip by her grandmother, yet he has still become a university prof. having no trauma whatsoever. This doesn't mean I support child abuse, in fact I am very against it, the truth is that the children have a great defence reaction in them, thankfully saving them from scars and become normal adults.

Aug 25, 2011 at 8:30 PM
Member Title
trickybilly said:
Like my father was beaten up with a whip by her grandmother

I know English is your second language, but I also know you're in your twenties.
Her=feminine.
Him=masculine.

Aug 25, 2011 at 8:46 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Lol I know, typo.

Aug 25, 2011 at 9:02 PM
Member Title
Ok, good. I didn't want to assume it was a typo and come across as a jerk, if by some chance it wasn't a typo and you didn't know the difference.

Aug 26, 2011 at 7:37 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Still seems less extreme than an outright beating to me. Not that either of them qualify as good parenting methods, but it's a shame there's no middle ground anymore. A disturbing number of countries are taking disciplinary rights away from parents because people are too stupid to understand the difference between spanking and child abuse. It doesn't help that lawsuits are filed at the drop of a hat either :D

Middle ground is a dying concept in general. Love is over :(

Aug 26, 2011 at 7:35 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Yeah instead of punishing we should grow arrogant pussies who can't do anything for themselves....

Just kidding. That's just cruel... in a way.

Sep 3, 2011 at 4:02 PM
Hoxtilicious
trickybilly said:
Well in many counties of Central Europe parents sometimes use a whip to punish their children.

What? But surely not in germany and I'm pretty sure neither in great britain, ireland, france, italy, luxembourg, belgium, denmark nor in the netherlands.

Also, spaking your children (or doing anything physical) or punishing them too hard is completly illegal here since 2000.

Sep 3, 2011 at 4:05 PM
Been here way too long...
I'm gonna go ahead and postulate that the less developed a country is, the more parents/teachers resort to corporal punishment.
:[

Sad really.