Mods general discussion

Aug 4, 2018 at 2:00 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
There is a dating sim in the works, @Hax4Ever just needs to continue working on its revival since they have the original dev files.

Aug 6, 2018 at 4:14 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Aug 6, 2018 at 7:16 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Aug 15, 2018 at 11:00 PM
Based Member
Nice review, Bombchu! I had only heard of this mod, but never seen much gameplay or known much about it. This almost makes me want to download and play it. Your videos help me stay up to date with newer mods without investing a bunch of time into it.

Aug 29, 2018 at 4:08 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Bumping an old thread without due acknowledgement
ooooo ! Another dead hack ! Let's put it in the graveyard .
Oh and btw, the download link is down.....

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2018 at 1:06 PM
Based Member
I remember DT posting a new download link a while ago, but I just tried it, and it doesn't seem to be working anymore. Here's a new download link:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoZEkjioz2VPgVWiQzGuiii_TtUD

Cue DT moving these last two posts to "Mods General Discussion" in 3... 2... 1...

Sep 2, 2018 at 8:04 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Is anyone here in possession and willing to upload a version (preferably the final version, but any older version works too) of pre-revamp Jenka's Nightmare revived? You might be thinking "just go to thread, the link is still up." Then you might notice I said pre-revamp. Basically, I mean the version that came out before the so-called "brotherhood update." This version was finished sometime in 2011 or early 2012, and had both an easy and hard mode to go with it. The earliest download link I can find on the internet archive dates May 5th, 2011. The latest link I can find dates October 5th, 2012. I've checked every download link between those on the internet archive, and all the links are dead.
Now you might be asking me "why? why go to such lengths for an old JNR?" I am well that the version I am requesting is significantly worse than current JNR, and is littered with bugs. However, I believe it is an important piece of history in the Jenka's Nightmare development cycle. I might be making assumptions here, but I think without Slither's crazy idea to finish one of the modding community's most popular and greatest mods, we might never have gotten the current rendition of ZarrotTsu's Jenka's Nightmare, which I personally consider to be one of the top 5 CS mods of all time. I think something so important should be archived and preserved for future generations, even if it is a pile of hot garbage.
Obviously, I will respect Slither's wishes if she doesn't wish her ancient stuff to be released again, but if she's okay with it someone has it, I would very much like to see it uploaded. In a perfect world, I would like every version update of both Slither's and ZarrotTsu's JN, as I believe there is plenty of interesting ideas and development tidbits to be found, so any old version of their mods that aren't uploaded would be welcome as well.
That's all. Thanks for reading and thanks in advance if anyone chooses to upload.

Sep 2, 2018 at 3:29 PM
Based Member
I found a copy of JNR on my hard drive that was modified in September of 2011. In the readme, you clan clearly see that it's back from the days when Slither called himself LunarSoul. I know this is from before the re-vamp:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoZEkjioz2VPgVb5IhRXT-_4j02O

Also,
I will respect Slither's wishes if she doesn't wish her ancient stuff to be released again, but if she's okay...
The information on Slither's profile page is very misleading, he's actually a dude. He just likes to do silly things like that with his online persona.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2018 at 3:49 PM
War criminal
The information on Slither's profile page is very misleading, he's actually a dude. He just likes to do silly things like that with his online persona.
Actually... Let's just wait for you to figure it all out.

Sep 2, 2018 at 4:08 PM
Based Member
Actually... Let's just wait for you to figure it all out.
Unfortunately, I'm one of those politically incorrect shmucks who thinks that it's impossible for you to change your gender.

Sep 2, 2018 at 4:22 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Unfortunately, I'm one of those politically incorrect shmucks who thinks that it's impossible for you to change your gender.
In what manner does this justify calling her out like this out of nowhere though?

Sep 2, 2018 at 6:07 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Uh... thank you very much Hayden. Moving aside everything else that will probably get deleted later for being offtopic, 1.7 is pretty close to the final build. I'm pretty sure it goes 1.7 -> 2.0 -> 2.1 with 2.0 being released on Nov 11th, 2011 and 2.1 being released on Nov 21st, 2011. If you think you might have either of those versions on your PC, you can also search for "Mirror" or "Mirror.zip" which contained all three difficulties. If not, it's not big deal. I'm pretty happy I even got this. Thanks again.

Sep 2, 2018 at 6:18 PM
Based Member
In what manner does this justify calling her out like this out of nowhere though?
I wasn't calling Slither out. I didn't even know there had been a change to his profile information until yrotS evaC called him a she, at which point I was scratching my head wondering what led him to believe Slither is a woman. It was at that point that I visited his profile and saw that he had in fact changed his profile gender to female. Given his history of doing silly things with his profile, such as changing his username a dozen times, or listing his age as 12, I assumed this was just another thing. My arguably snarky comment was directed at Serri for potentially suggesting that I should start using a different pronoun, not at LunarSoul/MagicDoors/Doors/Coffee/Cat/Slither for what ever decisions he may or may not have made in his personal life. Please resist the urge to assume that I'm just coming out and attacking someone.

Uh... thank you very much Hayden. Moving aside everything else that will probably get deleted later for being offtopic, 1.7 is pretty close to the final build. I'm pretty sure it goes 1.7 -> 2.0 -> 2.1 with 2.0 being released on Nov 11th, 2011 and 2.1 being released on Nov 21st, 2011. If you think you might have either of those versions on your PC, you can also search for "Mirror" or "Mirror.zip" which contained all three difficulties. If not, it's not big deal. I'm pretty happy I even got this. Thanks again.
My pleasure. Unfortunately, that release from September was the latest pre-revamp release that I could find, so I can't help you get the November release you're looking for.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2019 at 5:51 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Is it normal that the game ends in 1 minute, or am I a bit stupid? I do not know. and I got all 4 endings.

Jan 12, 2019 at 6:22 PM
Based Member
Yep, it's normal. This mod is meant to be short and sweet.