the download doesn't work!

Attachments

• fnf.png
    fnf.png
    269.2 KB · Views: 14
Feb 9, 2012 at 8:17 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
the download doesn't work!

What the heck do you expect? This thing's been abandoned for a year already.
Besides, you're not allowed to post on threads as old as this.

Feb 9, 2012 at 9:06 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
For crying out loud, you already posted that, and I responded. Since this is an old topic and rather off-topic, DoubleThink moved those posts to here. This is the third time in my membership here that this has happened to this topic.

Feb 12, 2012 at 6:59 PM
The Eternal Darkness
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
If only these mods weren't dead. :( I wish EVERY SINGLE DEAD MOD was at least COMPLETED! Some dead mods are fun, depending on who plays 'em. And Cave Story is a fun game, as is MOST mods (not all of them are fun, but I'm not going to go there without getting attacked by negative text, and I'm new!) and I really like the hard ones. Of course, it's the hard ones that some prefer to be easier. But that's kinda off topic, isn't it?

Feb 13, 2012 at 5:14 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Actually no, that's exactly the type of discussion this thread was made for

Feb 13, 2012 at 7:25 AM
The Eternal Darkness
Wow. So I actually made a good point in this thread. I thought I went off-topic and instead I was on it. At least I'm trying to stop making eight mods at once... but for how long will I, Shane Neumann, the fifteen-year old (well, soon to be sixteen), actually manage to focus on a single mod? Okay, now it's off topic, but still. Dead mods.

If they were completed, then at least there'd be a point in playing, that's how I think some people see it. I, however, see it in this way:
Mod is being made, then is (sometimes abruptly) cancelled. It becomes a dead mod, even though it prevents boredom... usually.

Anything offensive, I apologize. I just wonder if any of these dead mods will become "undead mods". Id est (which is Latin for "that is to say; in other words", according to a dictionary), revived. And the explanation is just for those who don't know what it means. Like me. I've got a weird short-term memory, forgetting important stuff and remembering non-important stuff.

Feb 13, 2012 at 10:33 AM
Based Member
Well, there are a couple of dead mods that are undead. See Jenka's Nightmare revived and Curly's Past. Their previous counterparts were abandoned, but they were famous enough to have different members step up and revive them, and complete them in their own vision. NOTE: For Jenka's Nightmare, the new author is going to make a different ending from the rather anticlimactic one, and the revival of Curly Brace's Story is not even in alpha stage yet.

Feb 19, 2012 at 10:15 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Does anybody, by chance, have a copy of Death Story available for download? I ask because the mod looks fun, and I want to play it. If someone could upload it, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Feb 23, 2012 at 10:20 AM
The Eternal Darkness
HaydenStudios: I meant all of those mods that are still dead. And Jenka's Nightmare Revived I already have on my computer, and the dead Curly's Past too.

I pray that IF I ever manage to get at least a test-playable version of my mods on the forums, that it won't end up here. Otherwise I'd probably kill it for good by deleting the mod on my computer, only to realize that it was out of rage. Then I'd probably do it all from the beginning again, only to find that it is way different. Oh well.

Mar 22, 2012 at 5:55 PM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
PLEASE CONTINUE THE GAME : (

Mar 22, 2012 at 8:01 PM
Based Member
Protip: Don't bump old threads without a good reason or courtesy. I thought that a warning was recently put up on old threads not to do so.
This mod is abondoned. Kaeso's latest activity was almost a year ago, and the last time he/she made a post here was more than a year ago.
HOWEVER, I am eventually going to make my own continuation of this mod. It will be some months before the initial release though. For details, see this thread.

Apr 30, 2012 at 2:47 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
I can't believe I still have an account here. I remember getting disgusted at the smug attitude in the place back then, like mods and critics expected every creator to be humble or have tough skin. Needless to say, that is what I originally thought. What I think now is different.

The one project I was really attached to here was Eternal Chaos. It was just a really unique array of level design than was not only balanced, but challenging. It also made very minimalist graphic improvements so that way we'd see more updates rather than following a highly detailed mod that ends up being abandoned before the first act.

I was really sad how that project ended back then. I even threw fists out of anger because I really believed EC was the best romhack of CS I played. It had so much potential. Character Swaping, Difficulty setting, and replay value for an uncompleted game. Now I'm here with a new computer wondering if anyone here has an archive of Cave Story:Eternal Chaos from the latest Chapter 6 patch. As sour things were, I want to relieve some good memories of my favorite mod. Does anyone have it by any chance?

May 1, 2012 at 12:02 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Oh yeah. It was chapter 8. My bad.
And my bad for not noticing the topic earlier. Thanks man.

Jun 15, 2012 at 5:24 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
It is seem that thread really old. So I just let you know mediafire link is broke and need repair or anyone have it, please let me know.

http://www.cavestory.org/forums/threads/cave-story-mario-version.3548/

Jun 15, 2012 at 7:16 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Don't bother with 'Mario version', it's just a slightly edited version of Cave Story Redesign, so search the latter up instead.

Jun 15, 2012 at 7:46 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Don't bother with 'Mario version', it's just a slightly edited version of Cave Story Redesign, so search the latter up instead.
I know but I am huge fan cave story and mario game.

Aug 21, 2012 at 2:57 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Tonight I managed to find enough time and desire to make another update to Project Puppy Roundup (the update list in my sig, for those of you who are new). I'm missing a few mods this time around, and SP told me he doesn't have them either, but like it says in the post please don't try to send me anything until I'm done with the archive. I also haven't uploaded everything that doesn't still have an active link, because keeping everything on my mediafire account isn't a permanent solution. Fear not, I do have a plan, but as with the missing mods it will have to wait until I'm finished. Seeing as this is actually the first update I've made since the server move (blame Take 8 followed by exhaustion followed by STGT), I've realised that the index numbers for all of the threads have dropped, since some of the old MiraiGamer threads are now gone. Despite this, the links I added before the move still work. Finally, I won't be logging mods that were announced but never got a public release, because if nobody has them there's not much I can really do.

The update process involved me replaying Kaeso's Mod, which I'd never actually gotten to the end of before. Unsurprisingly, the best level implementation is after the part I gave up on initially, at best on par with the solidus level design evident throughout Curly Story. I should probably replay Eternal Nightmare too before I'm done, because I can't remember it so well.