Mods general discussion

Jan 27, 2018 at 1:58 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Before I download it, is it safe like no virus? I don’t want to get in trouble with my mom. She will be mad.

Jan 27, 2018 at 2:01 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
if they put a virus in it why would they tell you
but it's fine x-calibar has been on this forum longer than you've been alive I think they can be trusted

Jan 27, 2018 at 2:01 PM
Ok, I’ll download it then.

Jan 27, 2018 at 7:49 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
but it's fine x-calibar has been on this forum longer than you've been alive I think they can be trusted
That is a frightening realization. lol

Ok, I’ll download it then.
Yeah, if you are in doubt about a downloaded file upload it to virustotal before opening it. It scans with multiple virus scanners at once. Also, you should have some kind of virus protection, or at least Windows Defender running on that PC while online. Just to play it safe.

@ Corridor mod
I recorded a clip of gameplay in case others were curious:

Jan 30, 2018 at 9:09 PM
ZYZZ Spur is the best gun because its super cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
hello everyone

does anyone know any mods that is like cave story but simplified

this was just a random idea i had but i bet someone made it before and it sounds fun like it would be like cave story but all the areas are short

so you could get all the everything and kind of storyline and boss fights and stuff but it would be super fast so you could beat the whole game in like 20 minutes

does anyone know if that kind of game exists

Jan 30, 2018 at 9:23 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
hello everyone

does anyone know any mods that is like cave story but simplified

this was just a random idea i had but i bet someone made it before and it sounds fun like it would be like cave story but all the areas are short

so you could get all the everything and kind of storyline and boss fights and stuff but it would be super fast so you could beat the whole game in like 20 minutes

does anyone know if that kind of game exists
So a boss rush with story crammed inbetween?

Jan 30, 2018 at 11:07 PM
So a boss rush with story crammed inbetween?
yeah maybe something like that

but it wouldn't be timed or anything and there would still be like as much story as there is boss fights

i just thought that would be fun for people who have played before and want to play it again but don't have the time to play all of it again
UGH I DONT HAVE TIME
or maybe just the patience like they want all the interesting parts

Jan 31, 2018 at 1:41 AM
War criminal
i just thought that would be fun for people who have played before and want to play it again but don't have the time to play all of it again
UGH I DONT HAVE TIME
or maybe just the patience like they want all the interesting parts
If you don't have time, you can always just use the Save feature. That's how most people get around it.

Jan 31, 2018 at 1:54 AM
If you don't have time, you can always just use the Save feature. That's how most people get around it.

which way does the save button spin

Feb 10, 2018 at 5:12 PM
i dont know if this is double posting since its been like a week or something since i said something but can someone compare these mod lengths to the original cave story length

jenkas nightmare
lost land
mimiga army
wrath of raversonkhlanl

either much longer
longer
same
shorter
a lot shorter
other

:chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::balrog::balrog::balrog::critter::critter::chin::chin::balrog::toroko2::toroko:

May 17, 2018 at 6:35 AM
What happened to this? ColdCallerLoopy recommended it a few months ago but it hasn't seemed to have any activity lately so I'm not sure if something happened

May 17, 2018 at 6:46 AM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
What happened to this? ColdCallerLoopy recommended it a few months ago but it hasn't seemed to have any activity lately so I'm not sure if something happened
Don't worry if a mod hasn't been talked about on it's thread, that doesn't mean the mod isn't critically acclaimed for it's creativity. And threads come and die, it happens, not many people talk about Lost Land by Carrot Lord anymore but that doesn't mean at one point or another it was still a fun mod to some people, I know for a fact that I played and finished Jenka's Nightmare LONG after it was officially finished. So don't worry if you're behind, just play it, and give your thoughts and criticisms, maybe spark a new conversation about the mod.

Last edited:
May 17, 2018 at 11:23 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"what happened" its 11 years old m8 this mod is older than some of the people posting here

May 18, 2018 at 4:28 AM
i dont know if this is double posting since its been like a week or something since i said something but can someone compare these mod lengths to the original cave story length

jenkas nightmare
lost land
mimiga army
wrath of raversonkhlanl

either much longer
longer
same
shorter
a lot shorter
other

:chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::balrog::balrog::balrog::critter::critter::chin::chin::balrog::toroko2::toroko:
for Jenka's Nightmare it is about the same and for Lost Land it is 75% of the length of the original game

May 18, 2018 at 7:57 PM
for Jenka's Nightmare it is about the same and for Lost Land it is 75% of the length of the original game

thanks i was really curious about it

i forgot does lost land have any secret endings or stuff?
i think mimiga army does but it pretty much has a slightly bad ending and a good-ish ending

May 19, 2018 at 3:15 AM
Lost Land has sidequests.

1. Get Jellyfish Juice from the giant jellyfish in Jellyfish Road, and give it to Chaba for the Bubbler. You can also trade the Bubbler to the Mimiga right before Ironhead for the Blade.
2. Beat the Labyrinth Minigame for the Machine Gun. In one of the final rooms (I forget the name) there is a Cthulhu next to a door. He will ask you to give him your machine gun, and inside you can choose to recieve the Nemesis or the Infinite Ammo Machine Gun.
3. Malco will give you an item that can be used to refill all your ammo, but you can also give it to Chaba and he will use that and your Fireball to make the Snake.
4. The Hermit Gunsmith will ask you for a power source (the Sprinkler from the house in Mimiga Village), some Gum Base (purchase it from the shopkeeper by Malco by finding money on the Beside the Island room), and a power source (Malco's ammo item) so that he can turn the Polar Star into the Spur.
You can go back to Malco to get another item if you use yours, so you can get the Snake, Spur, and take one to the final levels.

Also, you can use a teleporter to go to Unknown Cave, which leads to Mushroom Land where you can fight and take Ma Pignon. Give this to Dr. Gero for the Cure-All, which acts like a Life Pot. He will give you another if you use it and talk to him again. This seems like a sidequest, but Momorin will make sure you have a Cure-All before you board the helicopter to go to the Doctor's lair, so you have to do it.

Also, Mimiga Army is complete or not?

May 19, 2018 at 4:05 AM
Lost Land has sidequests.

1. Get Jellyfish Juice from the giant jellyfish in Jellyfish Road, and give it to Chaba for the Bubbler. You can also trade the Bubbler to the Mimiga right before Ironhead for the Blade.
2. Beat the Labyrinth Minigame for the Machine Gun. In one of the final rooms (I forget the name) there is a Cthulhu next to a door. He will ask you to give him your machine gun, and inside you can choose to recieve the Nemesis or the Infinite Ammo Machine Gun.
3. Malco will give you an item that can be used to refill all your ammo, but you can also give it to Chaba and he will use that and your Fireball to make the Snake.
4. The Hermit Gunsmith will ask you for a power source (the Sprinkler from the house in Mimiga Village), some Gum Base (purchase it from the shopkeeper by Malco by finding money on the Beside the Island room), and a power source (Malco's ammo item) so that he can turn the Polar Star into the Spur.
You can go back to Malco to get another item if you use yours, so you can get the Snake, Spur, and take one to the final levels.

Also, you can use a teleporter to go to Unknown Cave, which leads to Mushroom Land where you can fight and take Ma Pignon. Give this to Dr. Gero for the Cure-All, which acts like a Life Pot. He will give you another if you use it and talk to him again. This seems like a sidequest, but Momorin will make sure you have a Cure-All before you board the helicopter to go to the Doctor's lair, so you have to do it.

Also, Mimiga Army is complete or not?
mimiga army is one hundo percent complete
(100% complete)
if you haven't played it i would RECOMMEND it but if you do not like it please do not blame me

i thought it was pretty good the end part can get kind of hard

its relatively long i think which is good because it has a lot of fun gameplay
if yall try it tell me what you think i forget what the creator is but i think someone made a complete series online if you get lost i used it a couple times because some parts i was really bad at its by some guy whos bored or something im not sure if hes actually bored though

also thanks for the lost land list sidequest stuff
do you always reach ballos in every lost land ending?

May 19, 2018 at 8:33 AM
mimiga army is one hundo percent complete
(100% complete)
if you haven't played it i would RECOMMEND it but if you do not like it please do not blame me

i thought it was pretty good the end part can get kind of hard

its relatively long i think which is good because it has a lot of fun gameplay
if yall try it tell me what you think i forget what the creator is but i think someone made a complete series online if you get lost i used it a couple times because some parts i was really bad at its by some guy whos bored or something im not sure if hes actually bored though

also thanks for the lost land list sidequest stuff
do you always reach ballos in every lost land ending?
yes you will always beat Ballos there is no way to mess it up meaning there is only one ending which is a happy ending unless you count game over drowning or fall off the island
And in the spoilers is the list of bosses which are not used in the game so if you beat the game and didn't fight them it's okay because they are not in the game
Balrog 1
Balrog 3
Unused Balrog
Balfrog
Curly
Core
Undead Core
Heavy Press

Last edited:
May 19, 2018 at 1:37 PM
yes you will always beat Ballos there is no way to mess it up meaning there is only one ending which is a happy ending unless you count game over drowning or fall off the island
And in the spoilers is the list of bosses which are not used in the game so if you beat the game and didn't fight them it's okay because they are not in the game
Balrog 1
Balrog 3
Unused Balrog
Balfrog
Curly
Core
Undead Core
Heavy Press
i think i remember jenkas nightmare kind of making their own boss out of those outerwall yarn sneeze things
they have a name but i forget

May 19, 2018 at 2:15 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Is it possible to play mods on a mac?